Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Quiz Night 2016

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
IMPORTANT NOTICE...

Due to the numbers of people who've indicated they're coming to the REMF Quiz Night, we are moving the Heineken Lounge.

Same time, same stuff, bigger venue.

Pass it on.

It also means there are plenty of spaces left. If you're coming, let me know - alan.wares@ntlworld.com

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If anyone is short of a team member or if there are enough 'singles' out there to make up a team, let me know. :thumbsup:

Consider yourself SIGNED UP.

Our team is still short of a member, if anyone is at a loose end Friday welcome to join us.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Being a Quiz virgin, can someone help with the following questions.
Can we park at the stadium?
is there food available to buy on the night?
Thanks in advance.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Top night out.
Congratulations REMF on record receipts
Well done Al. For making us feel pretty stupid. Again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Record number of teams, extra donations making up the total, and a great quiz. Well done Al, and REMF.
Thanks for a good night out.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Great night, lots of money raised, challenging questions and as plenty of people commented on the quizmaster clearly loved the sound of his own voice far too much. We've come for a quiz mate, not to hear you lecture us on the government or laugh at people getting one of your questions wrong

Nonetheless, a fantastic effort for a team who I believe had The Cardinal on board to win, bearing in mind it appeared he couldn't even stand at the end

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Great night, lots of money raised, challenging questions and as plenty of people commented on the quizmaster clearly loved the sound of his own voice far too much. We've come for a quiz mate, not to hear you lecture us on the government or laugh at people getting one of your questions wrong

Nonetheless, a fantastic effort for a team who I believe had The Cardinal on board to win, bearing in mind it appeared he couldn't even stand at the end

TLO loving the sound of his own voice? Using the platform to rant about the government ? I don't believe it!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Top night out, one of those that makes me so happy that something in my youth made me become a football fan and a Brighton fan in particular.

I've run three quizzes myself for our son's school and Cub Pack on a much smaller scale (and our team still came nowhere near winning) and it takes some organising. Not just asking the questions on the night but writing and researching, venue booking, getting raffle prizes, taking and counting the money. TLO was the front and put in a massive amount of effort but a few others (notably Brett and his Mrs) were helping out while the rest of us were sinking pints. Over two grand raised which is fantastic.

I don't know what was more momentous for me personally, losing to a really pissed Taxman or meeting [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] in the flesh

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very enjoyable night and it raised £2000 for the REMF - can't argue with that.

Well done to all involved. :thumbsup:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Lectures about the government? What are you on about? There weren't any 'lectures about the government', so why fabricate such twaddle and post that?

Why do you feel it's so important for you to complain like you're the only one who matters? Unless, of course, you wish to host it yourself, in which case, help yourself. I'd happily step aside just to alleviate your concerns.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
TLO loving the sound of his own voice? Using the platform to rant about the government ? I don't believe it!
Fancy being gullible enough to believe his twaddle. But then - you weren't there. So no-one gives a toss what you think.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Meanwhile, many thanks to all those who came along and enjoyed themselves (which seems to be everyone except miseryguts above).

You all did REMF proud. £2,000 is a magnificent effort from you all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lectures about the government? What are you on about? There weren't any 'lectures about the government', so why fabricate such twaddle and post that?

Why do you feel it's so important for you to complain like you're the only one who matters? Unless, of course, you wish to host it yourself, in which case, help yourself. I'd happily step aside just to alleviate your concerns.

Ignore him. When is the next disco ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done Al - REMF legend :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
TLO Using the platform to rant about the government ? I don't believe it!

Good, because he didn't.

He did however work his nuts off to organise it, and was carrying tables and chairs around just before the quiz started because so many attended.

He (and Brett and the rest of those who helped, including the likes of Tom Gorringe from the club), should be congratulated for all their efforts for what was a enjoyable night out, which also raised £2,000 for REMF.

Sniping from the sidelines is a poor show.

Hats off to the Taxman for leading his team to success.

5567d96bfd2686de5dd941615740cdc3.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here