Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa in World Cup compliant. Tipping point ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'd put money on England about to be fitted up for the crime of speaking out against FIFA...you wait, the great revelation will be us for being rubbish at playing the corruption game ie getting caught for a very minor infringement or technicality after finally concluding if you can't beat em join em.

Because it's always our fault. Or our press. Everyone knows it was Paul Hayward, Henry Winter, Patrick Barclay etc who started the crowd trouble at Italy v Croatia. Ridiculously, some idiots are blaming FIFA and their lack of sanctions on Eastern European members who constantly violate their rules of governance....I mean, who the hell comes up with that sort of conclusion? That's right, it's them criminals again: the English press.

I am sure that I heard the news reporter tonight say that if FIFA do try to prosecute someone or an organisation, then the report would not be published, as it might interfere with the legal process - naughty me for being cynical and thinking . . . .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am sure that I heard the news reporter tonight say that if FIFA do try to prosecute someone or an organisation, then the report would not be published, as it might interfere with the legal process - naughty me for being cynical and thinking . . . .
Good point.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This more than about football (for me) over 1,200 deaths so far in relation to Qatar.
I completely agree. I don't understand why the first world countries aren't up in arms about it. Slavery is alive and well for FIFA.

We should be boycotting the sponsors, because essentially the sponsors are paying for Nepalese workers to be enslaved and worked to death. Is that really what the likes of Budweiser want?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There is a rumour doing the rounds that England will be " suspended" from any FIFA affiliated competitions if blatter's lawyers persue English fa for breaking the rules in the England bid.

Doing the rounds where ? Serious ? Absolute disgrace if true, surely we would then just pull out and some countries would back us up. I mean come on it can't be just us think the whole think stinks

raba

Jun 9, 2013
All this talk about boycott, what would really hurt them is boycotting their yearly computer game.

People love their FIFA on the XBox & PS so can't see this happening.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Wouldn't surprise any of us at all if this FIFA criminal complaint turn out to be against England or Australia as FIFA have made similar claims as those against the FA according to the Aussie media. If would be completely typical of FIFA to try and paint us as the corrupt ones and I say bring it on, if you want to mobilise an entire nation against FIFA and force us into action then carry on. I think any cynical criminal allegations on the English FA would force the FAs hand and they would not stand for it. If FIFA think we are a nation that will stand by and allow ourselves to get rimshafted then bring it the fuk on Blatter you flabby faced tosspot.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
So in the paper this morning BLatter claims that FIFA are 'transparent'. What drugs is he on? Taking a summary of an independent investigation and cutting and pasting the bits you want the world to see, while leaving in the bits damning those that criticise you is not transparent. At best it's disingenuos and at worst its hiding criminal activity.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Fifa whistleblower Phaedra Al-Majid has said she will "look over my shoulder for the rest of my life".

Al-Majid claimed she heard Qatari officials offer three African Fifa executive-committee members $1.5m (£960,000) to vote for them as World Cup hosts in 2022.

She said she was then coerced into signing a sworn, legal document retracting allegations of corruption.

"I've been introduced to a whole new culture of paranoia, fear and threats," Al-Majid told BBC Sport.

"I will always look over my shoulder for the rest of my life."

Qatar's World Cup organising body, the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, has always said it "vehemently" denies all allegations of wrongdoing.

Al-Majid's evidence was not mentioned in last week's summary of Fifa's corruption investigation on the basis it could not be relied upon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here