Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack O'Connell

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
True... I guess I don't like Reading very much but, really, £15M for a player who has played a few games in the Prem a while ago... ridiculous...

Pretty sure we were calling for that figure if not more when people were sniffing around Dunk a couple of years back, and he has no experience in the Prem at all.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
However, I think you are asking far too much for your apple, so I'm going to buy my second-choice apple "Sheffield Delicious" instead, for less than half the price you are asking...

Can that apple hack it in the Premier League though? That is the question. Inferior apple inferior player?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty sure we were calling for that figure if not more when people were sniffing around Dunk a couple of years back, and he has no experience in the Prem at all.

Maybe, but we are Brighton, who I support, and Reading are not...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can that apple hack it in the Premier League though? That is the question. Inferior apple inferior player?

Possibly... my assessment is the Sheffield Delicious is PLR...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What if he wants to go?
What, like when Dale Stephens wanted to go to Burnley? They didn't offer us enough, in time for us to get a replacement, so we said no.

What if they need the money to invest in their (nearly relegated) squad?
Then they'll make their decisions based on that :shrug:
As I say, I agree they can ask what they want... however, we can walk away, or try to knock them down on price...
Indeed. And that's where we're at.

I maintain that, and let me emphasize that this is IMHO, they are taking the p1ss with the price tag they have come up with
IMO it's not that they're taking the piss, it's not that they think they'll get that, it's simply that they don't want to sell, so they've put a price tag on that no one is likely to meet.

ergo I had the audacity to say they were being 'nawty'...
And others had the audacity to suggest it's not really naughty, they just don't want to sell him.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sheffield United are in the process of buying a centre back from Brentford. Good sign for any clubs interested in buying one of their existing centre backs...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sheffield United are in the process of buying a centre back from Brentford. Good sign for any clubs interested in buying one of their existing centre backs...

I quite like that centre back that you mention actually. Then again Tony Bloom would never bid for him as their chairman is a sworn enemy of his.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What, like when Dale Stephens wanted to go to Burnley? They didn't offer us enough, in time for us to get a replacement, so we said no.

They have time...

Then they'll make their decisions based on that :shrug:

And your point is?

Indeed. And that's where we're at.

I'm glad we agree...

IMO it's not that they're taking the piss, it's not that they think they'll get that, it's simply that they don't want to sell, so they've put a price tag on that no one is likely to meet.

My worry is that we might get ripped off TBH... are you Reading's PR man?

And others had the audacity to suggest it's not really naughty, they just don't want to sell him.

Yes, and everyone (including me) is entitled to their opinion...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
United fans up here reckon he's definitely going and probably to us. For what it's worth.

As you were.

LG

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rather Moore than this chap. Saying that this Blade is naturally left footed which is a major plus.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not sure. Sheffield United fans are raving about him and saying how good he is. Sounds like he might actually be a better option than Moore

Moore has played at a higher level for much longer and is quick. They were also raving about Murphy who in the end was a slight disappointment for us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here