Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loyalty Points

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Now that is a very good idea!!
Not at all practical though.

1) what if it sells out while a seat is 'reserved' for a lower tier?

2) a couple in a higher tier might want to sit together but be unable to because you've reserved a seat for someone in a lower tier.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. If it ain't broke...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

2) a couple in a higher tier might want to sit together but be unable to because you've reserved a seat for someone in a lower tier.

I think what is meant here is the higher bracket buyer reserving a seat, then if his lower tier mates get one then he can finalise it.

Would've been handy for me a few times, especially Arsenal where I sacrificed my guaranteed chance of a ticket to join the queue lottery the next day to try to get us some together. Of course if I could have reserved mine the day before and my son couldn't get a ticket, at least I would've been able to go! (This story ended happily as we both managed to get tickets :))

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?

We're not at Withdean anymore. We've moved on.

Similarly so has the Club, the ticketing system and the loyalty points. It won't please everyone, but it is what it is. Works fine as I see it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
moan, moan, moan it's not fair I miss out, I'm not prepared to wait. I effectively want to queue jump as I'm far more deserving than others.

I'm sure that there are others on say 229 points who are saying if only I had another point I would be in a higher tier.

Just accept the system for what it is and get the tickets when you can and you will move up.

I'm fairly certain you will be able to get 3 seats together for Burnley away.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
moan, moan, moan it's not fair I miss out, I'm not prepared to wait. I effectively want to queue jump as I'm far more deserving than others.

I'm sure that there are others on say 229 points who are saying if only I had another point I would be in a higher tier.

Just accept the system for what it is and get the tickets when you can and you will move up.

"But I don't wanna go to Burnley! :tantrum:"

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Couldn't really be open to much abuse if it were family groups, at the moment most parents who had tickets at Withdean are in front of their kids in terms of points and are disadvantaged and are offering to lower their points to average out with their kids?

You ever witnessed families with children boarding an easyjet flight ? 11 adults and a '15' year old child trundling through !!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This thread was as predictable as the sun rising tomorrow.

The system is about the best it could be. It isn't going to please everyone but that's life.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury

I'm not saying that it's broke, I'm saying that it can be enhanced.
To give a little more detail to my suggestion, which I think would be workable (but, as I say, not quick and easy to provide):

When you reach the tier where your points total allows you to buy your ticket, you pay for your own ticket only. As you pay, you can choose one of two options:
a) As at the moment, select your seat (or block in the case of away matches) so that your ticket is fully booked and purchased.
...or...
b) Reserve and pay for your ticket (as you definitely intend to go even if you have to go alone), but defer your seat/block choice to a later points tier when your family member / friend will become entitled to buy their ticket.
When reserving the ticket, you will have no guarantee that your preferred seat/block will still be available when you're ready to choose it, you will just need to choose from what seats are left when you are ready to do so. Of course, if your friend/family member's points total qualifies when there are only a few seats left, there is still a possibility (particularly for home matches) that there won't be enough seats together for your group. But, by doing this, you have given yourself the greatest chance of being able to sit together, without missing out completely yourself it the match sells out before all in your group qualify.

To answer your practicality concerns:

1) If the match sells out (ie, purchased + reserved tickets reaches the allocation) before you select your seat , you need to then select your own seat based on what seats are now available, accepting that your friend/family member has not qualified for a ticket this time. For all reserved tickets where no seat is selected within a specified time limit, a seat may need to be allocated automatically/randomly.
Note that I would not expect automatic refunds in this scenario, as you have already paid for the ticket under the expectation that you will still want to go even if your friend/family member can't get a ticket (otherwise you would have waited for the later points tier before booking).

2) No seats have been reserved, only the entitlement to a ticket. So you won't be blocking any seats for anyone who is ready to choose their seats before you are ready.

What do people think?
Should we propose to Paul Barber to suggest something along these lines at his PL meetings?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not saying that it's broke, I'm saying that it can be enhanced.
To give a little more detail to my suggestion, which I think would be workable (but, as I say, not quick and easy to provide):

When you reach the tier where your points total allows you to buy your ticket, you pay for your own ticket only. As you pay, you can choose one of two options:
a) As at the moment, select your seat (or block in the case of away matches) so that your ticket is fully booked and purchased.
...or...
b) Reserve and pay for your ticket (as you definitely intend to go even if you have to go alone), but defer your seat/block choice to a later points tier when your family member / friend will become entitled to buy their ticket.
When reserving the ticket, you will have no guarantee that your preferred seat/block will still be available when you're ready to choose it, you will just need to choose from what seats are left when you are ready to do so. Of course, if your friend/family member's points total qualifies when there are only a few seats left, there is still a possibility (particularly for home matches) that there won't be enough seats together for your group. But, by doing this, you have given yourself the greatest chance of being able to sit together, without missing out completely yourself it the match sells out before all in your group qualify.

To answer your practicality concerns:

1) If the match sells out (ie, purchased + reserved tickets reaches the allocation) before you select your seat , you need to then select your own seat based on what seats are now available, accepting that your friend/family member has not qualified for a ticket this time. For all reserved tickets where no seat is selected within a specified time limit, a seat may need to be allocated automatically/randomly.
Note that I would not expect automatic refunds in this scenario, as you have already paid for the ticket under the expectation that you will still want to go even if your friend/family member can't get a ticket (otherwise you would have waited for the later points tier before booking).

2) No seats have been reserved, only the entitlement to a ticket. So you won't be blocking any seats for anyone who is ready to choose their seats before you are ready.

What do people think?
Should we propose to Paul Barber to suggest something along these lines at his PL meetings?

Doubt the ticketing system has the capability to cope with this........so it’d be a fairly major IT upgrade.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Doubt the ticketing system has the capability to cope with this........so it’d be a fairly major IT upgrade.

As I work in IT, I am fully aware of that, hence my caveat in the second sentence. I certainly wouldn't expect anything like it this season. And for clubs that regularly sell out their allocation, it may be difficult to persuade them that the upgrade would be cost-justifiable.

...although maybe, just maybe, the current ticketing systems have already been fully modernised, and adhere to OO and SOLID principles, and enhancements can be built quickly and easily through Agile methods. (There - I said it! I tried to avoid it, but you forced me into mentioning the 'A' word!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I work in IT, I am fully aware of that, hence my caveat in the second sentence. I certainly wouldn't expect anything like it this season. And for clubs that regularly sell out their allocation, it may be difficult to persuade them that the upgrade would be cost-justifiable.

...although maybe, just maybe, the current ticketing systems have already been fully modernised, and adhere to OO and SOLID principles, and enhancements can be built quickly and easily through Agile methods. (There - I said it! I tried to avoid it, but you forced me into mentioning the 'A' word!)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Funny......I was going to mention that in my post [emoji16]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do people think?

If you’re over 60 I suggest not; you’ll have left this mortal coil before he’s finished his explanation about why this won’t be possible.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So do we think demand will be as great this season? Having done all but one last season I can’t say I’m too excited by the away games at the top sides. Watford away has pretty much always sold out but can see Liverpool being a slower sell this time round.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry that you’ve had to miss out in that way. Perhaps we’ve been lucky, but only at the Emirates were we unable to sit together and I managed to find a spare seat a couple of rows in front of my son.

Agree, it is possible, but we had an experience a couple of seasons ago which didn't work so well and he was only 9!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Where's the moan?

I've simply asked for people's opinion about "averaging" points to gain others people's thoughts on it. I fully realise NSC should be reserved for discussion about BREXIT, @rse wiping and what we've had for lunch but I thought I'd go way off track and start a debate about how Brighton fans get away tickets and the loyalty points system. I'm not suggesting it's unfair I'm stating how it impacts me, suggesting something that may be an alternative and seeing what people think.

Anyway, sorry for being so off point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So do we think demand will be as great this season? Having done all but one last season I can’t say I’m too excited by the away games at the top sides. Watford away has pretty much always sold out but can see Liverpool being a slower sell this time round.

I think ultimately the demand will be similar but made up of folk who didn’t quite make the points cut last year. For example me and all my mates were in the top two tiers and all went to Everton last season. We won’t be doing the same this season but I’m sure there will be folk further down the points ladder who will.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where's the moan?

I've simply asked for people's opinion about "averaging" points to gain others people's thoughts on it. I fully realise NSC should be reserved for discussion about BREXIT, @rse wiping and what we've had for lunch but I thought I'd go way off track and start a debate about how Brighton fans get away tickets and the loyalty points system. I'm not suggesting it's unfair I'm stating how it impacts me, suggesting something that may be an alternative and seeing what people think.

Anyway, sorry for being so off point.

You missed out my photos of inedible burgers and craft beer.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You missed out my photos of inedible burgers and craft beer.

Apologies, I did, but that's because I'm pulling together an NSC online digital brochure to promote all the NSC conversation gold that there is. Just waiting for photos of Hilda's SAUSAGE, the Block H ssshhh and sit down campaign and Rocket Man

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here