Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Corners...

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I could if you like, where shall we start snail pace for the Premier league or the inability to stay onside??? :)

Says one of the worst judges of a player on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Corners...

maxresdefault.jpg
Here's one.

D

Deleted member 2719

Says one of the worst judges of a player on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay Mr Slicker, hang on this is yet another Murray love in, i think i remember you saying ash would never play in the Prem and one of the worse players you ever saw and you were also all over Dicker Slicker!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We do have some good defenders, and we do have defenders who are actually very good in the air. Trouble is, they can't do heir job properly because the penalty area is too crowded with bodies. There is a very simple way to reduce the number of bodies in the box (in favour of the defenders too) - but unfortunately it seems to be one of CH's lines in the sand not to use it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We do have some good defenders, and we do have defenders who are actually very good in the air. Trouble is, they can't do heir job properly because the penalty area is too crowded with bodies. There is a very simple way to reduce the number of bodies in the box (in favour of the defenders too) - but unfortunately it seems to be one of CH's lines in the sand not to use it.
Leaving one or two upfield may well help - can’t be worse can it?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It’s a double whammy too - we are never going to score from one and can never defend one!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This is a quote from Chris Hughton, not from today but after the Huddersfield match on 9th December.

"What you don't want to do is concede from a corner. That changes things. That's a real disappointment and, at this moment, a problem.
"It's about people doing their jobs, people working as hard as they can on the training pitch. Setting yourself up right. We will never not be prepared - every club is.
"That's why some go from marking man-to-man to zonal, because they go through a bad period. But ultimately you've got to make sure you defend better."

Since Chris gave that quote we have conceded 8 goals in the league, 5 of those are from corners, 1 was from a free kick crossed into the box and only 2 came from open play.

In the entire history of Premier league football, teams concede a goal from a corner once every 10 games on average. We have conceded 11 in 23. That's 1 goal conceded from a corner every 2 games on average.

Embarrassing.

If Chris doesn't sort this out it will be the cause of our relegation.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Needs to keep players up field and change the keeper for one that can dominate the area. Ryan can be a great stopper but he's like a vampire when it comes to crosses.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Needs to keep players up field and change the keeper for one that can dominate the area. Ryan can be a great stopper but he's like a vampire when it comes to crosses.
Agree with the first bit. No need to replace the excellent Ryan though - he could probably come and collect a lot more corners if he had a bit more room!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The last 3 corners conceded were no where near a keeping doing anything about them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The last 3 corners conceded were no where near a keeping doing anything about them.

No but we appear to protect the area he should be doing, which he doesn't, leaving other areas unprotected.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is a quote from Chris Hughton, not from today but after the Huddersfield match on 9th December.

"What you don't want to do is concede from a corner. That changes things. That's a real disappointment and, at this moment, a problem.
"It's about people doing their jobs, people working as hard as they can on the training pitch. Setting yourself up right. We will never not be prepared - every club is.
"That's why some go from marking man-to-man to zonal, because they go through a bad period. But ultimately you've got to make sure you defend better."

Since Chris gave that quote we have conceded 8 goals in the league, 5 of those are from corners, 1 was from a free kick crossed into the box and only 2 came from open play.

In the entire history of Premier league football, teams concede a goal from a corner once every 10 games on average. We have conceded 11 in 23. That's 1 goal conceded from a corner every 2 games on average.

Embarrassing.

If Chris doesn't sort this out it will be the cause of our relegation.
Really interesting post

Scary amount conceded from.corners. bong and Bruno can't seem to defend them so must surely be dropped. Would be fascinating to analyse each corner conceded and work out if an individual is to blame. I thought the club employed people to do this analysis ffs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here