Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Joshua

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Dismantled his opponent. Not sure how good the other guy was, but Joshua looks good. Joshua needs a higher level test

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Looked good there against a seasoned pro that has never been out before the 4th - finished in the 2nd

this guy will become one of britains best. maybe even one of the worlds best. amazing physique, great technique i haven't been so excited by a brittish boxer for years. look forward to watching his career.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
He is absolute beast. Totally outclassed his opponent and will continue to do it until he reaches the top.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
this guy will become one of britains best. maybe even one of the worlds best. amazing physique, great technique i haven't been so excited by a brittish boxer for years. look forward to watching his career.

100% agree last night against a decent opponent so early in his career he bossed it. For everyone saying he was a no-one look at what Buncey said overnight, a man very much in the know:

Joshua's opponent is better than the men that fought Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Lewis, Wlad and Big Aud at the exact same stage. Fact.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He reminds me of Frank Bruno with his muscular physiche and not huge talent as a boxer. May have stamina issues when he steps up in class. Just my opinion, i could be wrong.

Dec 3, 2012
He reminds me of Frank Bruno with his muscular physiche and not huge talent as a boxer. May have stamina issues when he steps up in class. Just my opinion, i could be wrong.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion but I really can't agree with this.

First of all Frank was a decent technical fighter. His jab was very effective. Bonecrusher Smith, Witherspoon and Lewis all had real problems with his jab. He was was very heavy handed but not a sharp puncher. Franks problem was stamina and lack of nouse when he got tagged.

Now Joshua is entirely different. At this early stage he looks to be a tremendously rounded fighter IMO. He can jab, put punches together, has a great range of punches and has a dig on him if not a huge puncher. He can fight on the back and front foot and his hand speed is excellent.

The most impressive thing for me is how he has reacted when put under pressure. He's calm and uses it as an opportunity to catch his opponent

He showed a different side to him last night. I don't like the sticking the tongue out stuff but he showed real spite and unmercifully finished the other fella off.

In short he looks better to me than Lewis did at this stage. But we don't know about his punch resistance, heart and stamina yet.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am excited about this guy, looks the business but I would like to see him step up to test himself.

Chisora would be a great shout as a step up in class

:thumbsup:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Is it just me not getting excited by this dope head. The bloke he fought looked like a fat kebab shop owner and no in fighting shape.

Dec 3, 2012
Is it just me not getting excited by this dope head. The bloke he fought looked like a fat kebab shop owner and no in fighting shape.

In his 9th pro fight that's what you're going to get. The fella he fought hadn't been stopped in 9 years (apart from a hand injury). And I'll bite on the dope head thing, wtf are you talking about?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Watching Muhammed Ali in his prime on youtube is a joy to watch. I prefer scientific heavyweights, rather than the big bombers, who have no plan B if their opponent is sill standing after 4 rounds.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
In his 9th pro fight that's what you're going to get. The fella he fought hadn't been stopped in 9 years (apart from a hand injury). And I'll bite on the dope head thing, wtf are you talking about?

Obviously not a boxing fan then. The bloke is a convicted drug dealer. But hey ho. Can't wait till he gets sparked by chisora next year.

Dec 3, 2012
Obviously not a boxing fan then. The bloke is a convicted drug dealer. But hey ho. Can't wait till he gets sparked by chisora next year.

I didn't know that but it doesn't effect my opinion of his boxing ability. I'd be amazed if he didn't beat Chisora. Too quick and mobile.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Drug dealer? He sold a bit of pot and didnt even get jail time for it showing how minor it really was. So he is a) not a dope head which as a sportsman would suggest he was "doping" which weed would not held with and b) some sort of big time dealer hardly Al Capone now is he!

He looks like he would beat Chisora in current form let alone in a years time after 3 more fights. He is the most exciting prospect in a long time especially at this weight

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Very impressive, scary amount of potential and improving with every fight.

He beats Price tomorrow and Fury soon after. Style wise Chisora may give him more problems with his durability and stamina. Can Joshua fight at the same intensity after 8 rounds? If he can answer that question in the affirmative we may have one of the greatest Heavyweights of the past 30 years.

Haye vs Joshua would be very interesting right now, if Haye comes back at roughly the same level of the Chisora fight.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here