Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think is going wrong financially? Bhafc

Feb 14, 2010
I was and still am a big Gus fan but letting Murray go was his biggest mistake during his time with us. The only real defense I can make is that at the time the majority were over the moon at the capture of CMS after the season he had just had. Could anyone really have predicted the seasons they both went on to have?

I'm not anti Poyet and he assembled a superb midfield for our division. But yes some of us did predict Murray leaving was a very bad mistake and as for CMSm, well, he runs around allot. That is so far short of Murray. It was a clanger, cost us and gifted palace the premier league. Who could have predicted that? Well I and others said at the time that Murray shouldn't have left and when we saw his replacement, then it didnt take many of us long to say that CMS was not the right sort of player for that side and not in the same class as Murray. We all make mistakes and that one was a massive one.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Go on then...why haven't we signed anyone? Why are players not wanting to play for us? What have we been doing whilst all of our playoff rivals have been strengthening their squads? At this rate we'll be low to mid table

We haven't signed anyone because either the people we want are unavailable to us, or we are waiting for the premier clubs to announce their squads before releasing players for transfer or loan. Championship clubs are not top of the transfer pyramid. If we want decent players then it seems that the club prefers to keep its powder dry and not let press speculation run rife, but will wait patiently to make its moves, despite pressure from the likes of us on NSC. Having picked up the lad from Liverpool, I am significantly more confident that we will get some decent players to play a new brand of SH football. It has to be more entertaining than some of the, albeit successful, negative shite we have had served up in the last few seasons.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I'm not anti Poyet and he assembled a superb midfield for our division. But yes some of us did predict Murray leaving was a very bad mistake and as for CMSm, well, he runs around allot. That is so far short of Murray. It was a clanger, cost us and gifted palace the premier league. Who could have predicted that? Well I and others said at the time that Murray shouldn't have left and when we saw his replacement, then it didnt take many of us long to say that CMS was not the right sort of player for that side and not in the same class as Murray. We all make mistakes and that one was a massive one.

Yeah, I can remember being gutted aswell but then we signed CMS and tbh I thought he'd be an improvement. As things transpired, he obviously wasn't. CMS will come good: maybe not for us but he'll still be a 20goal a season striker somewhere before he finishes playing.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
overrated -doesn't swallow, although holly does like to squeeze nice and hard. I myself prefere the Bella Emberg/Fern Britton combo!

Oh wow! I'm of the 'different strokes for different folks' mindset but jesus wept that's a disturbing duo, you have just given me a very worrying insight into your wankbank.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have two theories 1. Bloom has got into some serious financial difficulties and needs to sell our players in order to get some money back, I think he doesn't want to sell the club because he doesn't want to let the fans down and still wants the pursue in his task to get us to the prem in.

:albion2:

Bloom had £800m then spent £200m.
He still has comfortably more than you, don't fret

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
My view and I stand to be slagged off is that TB provided the funds for Gus and he blew it. Last season was an unexpected ;bonus and he is now reassessing the situation and next season will see us challenge for automatic.

Next Season?
or This Season?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
overrated -doesn't swallow, although holly does like to squeeze nice and hard. I myself prefere the Bella Emberg/Fern Britton combo!

you have just made me feel quite sick:sick:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There is nothing wrong financially. TB wants to make the club profitable, like any good business. Would you want to fund losses out of your pocket every year., I don't think so.

I would imagine we will reinvest some of the money brought in on new players. Just waiting for the right players rather than wasting it.

TB is taking the sensible approach and investing in the long term not gambling on a player that might not work out or get injured. Have patience, we will be a strong team for years to come not an overnight success that goes into administration in a few years.

Whist I agree with the main thrust of your post, I would also say:

1. We are taking far, far too long to replenish our severely depleted squad
2. We have already missed out on many 1st choice player acquisition targets.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whist I agree with the main thrust of your post, I would also say:

1. We are taking far, far too long to replenish our severely depleted squad
2. We have already missed out on many 1st choice player acquisition targets.

We missed out on Ward but how many others? Have the club ever confirmed we went after Clayton?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We missed out on Ward but how many others? Have the club ever confirmed we went after Clayton?
Ward, Clayton, Winger from Orient, Baldock, and so on... And that's straight off the top of my head. Stop defending the indefensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here