Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] £14 Craft Beer Crate (£10 off, no obligation to buy any more)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just off to collect my box. I've just done a trip to Cardiff, all in the name of research ahead of our away game you understand, and found a bar called the Hopbunker with 15 ales on tap. Owned by Hopcraft Brewing. Postcode is CF10 5AF for those looking at booking hotels. Other decent bars also in area.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I've tried three so far, and would say that the Pils from Czech is my favourite at the moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How you all getting on with that sour beer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I really enjoyed it - probably my favourite to date.

The notes on the can indicate it's not as sour as they normally make it, so a milder taste to help break people in. I'm keen to try similar kinds like this.

Curiously, given my comment about cans on this thread, I had all the cans before the bottles!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Wasn't sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. It had a reasonably tangy taste and was unlike any other beer that I've had. That specific beer is exclusive to Beer52 too, according to the can.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really enjoyed it - probably my favourite to date.

The notes on the can indicate it's not as sour as they normally make it, so a milder taste to help break people in. I'm keen to try similar kinds like this.

Curiously, given my comment about cans on this thread, I had all the cans before the bottles!

Wasn't sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. It had a reasonably tangy taste and was unlike any other beer that I've had. That specific beer is exclusive to Beer52 too, according to the can.

Cool. I really like sour beers especially in the summer. I find there's little middle ground though; folk ever like 'em or hate 'em. There's some cracking Gose styles out there. I'll defer to my good friend [MENTION=33257]TheDon[/MENTION]kycentrehalf though, as he is a lot more qualified than me to talk about them.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fair point; tramps drink from cans and not bottles. It's an argument I have heard before and some breweries are having to really push the idea of cans.

Another aspect is recycling. Stone's huge new European brewery is cans only and they have had opposition on the recycling front as bottles are re-used whereas cans are not.

Its an odd situation but cans can be recycled as well as bottles but have a smaller Carbon footprint....a crate of empty beer bottles weighs quite a bit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its an odd situation but cans can be recycled as well as bottles but have a smaller Carbon footprint....a crate of empty beer bottles weighs quite a bit.

I read some stuff about Stone Berlin's decision to use cans in Europe (bottles are by far the preference here; cans are almost non-existent.) Whilst bottles returned to German supermarkets are actually re-used, Stone's brewery is for the whole of Europe so it's not feasible to return bottles (from say Britain) back to their point of manufacture in Berlin. Given this they claim cans which are crushed and fed back into the system, or flogged to China, are a better footprint.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
It genuinely makes me angry that these people offer a "light beers only" option but no "dark beers only" one.

I can't drink pale hoppy beer, largely as it tastes revolting (like sulphuric acid) and makes me sneeze. Where is my option?

The sooner this craft ale fad that has moronic publicans stocking eight identical IPAs and bugger all else dies out the better.

I'm seriously wondering if there is any way that I can get these people in trouble with trading standards for not doing a "don't like light beers" version of the case.

It's prejudice, pure and simple.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Sorry to bump this thread after so long, but I've just noticed an offer on O2 Priority. If you're an O2 customer, you can save £16 off your first order from Beer52, meaning it'll only cost £8 including delivery. Bargain.

Unfortunately, you can't use the offer if you've signed up before. But you can put the account in someone else's name (partner perhaps), as long as the payment is made from a different bank account. The address can be the same.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One of these turned up at work for a colleague. Many admiring glances (esp from me) - http://www.craftbeeradventcalendar.co.uk/

beer.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here