Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barber's Deadline Day Disappointment

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Everything that was quoted here is correct & regrettably from what I understand will apply to the end of the current season

That's bad news for the club's PL status.

Oh well, at least all the rugger buggers will piss off back to Twickers and leave the proper fans with reasonably-sized queues to deal with :wave:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's bad news for the club's PL status.

Oh well, at least all the rugger buggers will piss off back to Twickers and leave the proper fans with reasonably-sized queues to deal with :wave:

With the hoardes of Arsenal and Liverpool fans.

Less of a scrum for the park n rides too, after we’ve dispatched Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe at home.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I will be personally holding Barber and his team responsible if the club fail to sign a (decent) striker, and then get relegated in May.
Barber and the Recruitment Team would have effectively not provided their staff (The Manager: Hughton) adequate tools to perform a job on a daily / weekly basis.

If I recieve the usual spin of shite from Barber, I will be writing back to him to tell how he's failed Hughton, the players and the fans this season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I will be personally holding Barber and his team responsible if the club fail to sign a (decent) striker, and then get relegated in May.
Barber and the Recruitment Team would have effectively not provided their staff (The Manager: Hughton) adequate tools to perform a job on a daily / weekly basis.

If I recieve the usual spin of shite from Barber, I will be writing back to him to tell how he's failed Hughton, the players and the fans this season.

:clap2:

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
BARBER’S DEADLINE DAY DISAPPOINTMENT
1 September 2017

Barber also stressed that player recruitment at the club remains a constant process, and that work on the January transfer window has already begun.

So where is the evidence of this then, some 4.5 months later?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Is that the same Hughton who is a key part of the recruitment team?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

True.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
“We work on a continuous basis in the area of recruitment and we are aware of players who are more likely to be available in January, while there will be other players who become available who at the moment would have been impossible to get."

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We should have had a striker all lined up for the 1st week of January, not get to day 17 and just see tumbleweed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Hold on!

What if we sign a 'decent' striker (that doesn't gel) and still get relegated? :lol:

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
BARBER’S DEADLINE DAY DISAPPOINTMENT
1 September 2017

Barber also stressed that player recruitment at the club remains a constant process, and that work on the January transfer window has already begun.

So where is the evidence of this then, some 4.5 months later?

That is 3 months last summer + 4.5 months since mid August = 7.5 months in total to achieve nothing.

That could be considered a sackable failure?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that the same Hughton who is a key part of the recruitment team?

Yes the same fall guy who abandoned team management, coaching and travelling to games in August, to mismanage the failure to get Babacar, Andone, Janssen, etc, to sign on the dotted line. None of his extensive experience of handling deals with UK and overseas clubs, haggling over £10m’s and contract law, came to the fore and so CH let us down.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

As long as you write to Bloom complaining too - after all it's him who decides what we can afford.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here