Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Is Delaney actually better than either Dale or Davy - and even if he is, would he bond better with the team (and whichever of the CMs he was paired with) to justify replacing one of them? Or would he come here if he thought he was going to be back up?

If anyone says no to this then they’re very deluded. Delaney is a class act - streets ahead of anything else we have in midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is Delaney actually better than either Dale or Davy - and even if he is, would he bond better with the team (and whichever of the CMs he was paired with) to justify replacing one of them? Or would he come here if he thought he was going to be back up?

If he can complete 3 passes in a row then he's better than Dale & Davy put together.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Interesting piece in deichstube about Delaney. He was asked if he had played his last game for Bremen and was non comitial in his response. His agent met with Werder's head last Friday, apparently it was very brief and the club has since given all indication that he's on his way out. Apparently Delaney is keen to play in the Premier League and a fee of 15m euro's is being quoted as the figure that he's available for.

https://www.deichstube.de/news/thom...remen-an-premiere-league-england-9843952.html

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Here is Google Translate of article - I always like a laugh at the translations but this one is not too bad:

"We're losing a leader," said the Dane, and much more about his team-mate at Werder. But when he was questioned about his own future, the 26-year-old was thoughtful, pondering each word and indicating his farewell.
"I don't know," Delaney said, asking if it might have been his last game at the Weser Stadium. Short break – and then he explained: "It is a narrow ridge to be honest and to say his opinion-and to become disrespectful of the association under contract. There's a line. Therefore no comment on my future. We'll see what happens. Everything is possible in football. I'm happy here. " The last sentence might have been a encouragement, but he wasn't.
Delaney's consultant was on Friday in Bremen
Because Delaney was also referred to the visit of his adviser. According to his own information, Michael Stensgaard had only drunk a coffee with Werder-head of athletics Frank Baumann on Friday. "No comment," Wiegelte Delaney on this subject immediately and grinned at it. Of course, he was talking about the appointment. Finally, he wants to realize the dream of the Premier League in the summer.
Interest from England should already be deposited. The only question is, is there a change before or after the World Cup. There, Delaney could draw more attention to himself with strong appearances and make better offers for himself, but also for Werder. From a transfer of at least 15 million euros, Werder will be prepared to think about transferring the service providers.
However, after the game, Baumann did not want to talk about sums of money, but he confirmed the general impression: "Thomas told us that he feels comfortable here, that nothing moves him, but that when he comes in the summer a selection, he also likes to accept it. Would. "

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Old news: Werder resigned to losing Delaney in the summer.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
When I asked a very knowledgeable danish friend of mine about Delaney he immediately said “mr average”.
He was surprised there was talk of big money and said he is not particularly quick, not particularly strong and not creative at all.
£12m sounds alright, but I’d be wary of north of 15

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When I asked a very knowledgeable danish friend of mine about Delaney he immediately said “mr average”.
He was surprised there was talk of big money and said he is not particularly quick, not particularly strong and not creative at all.

I wouldn't believe believe everything you hear, even if you consider them knowledgeable.

I've watched him a number of times. He is uncompromising, committed, and a massive threat at set pieces. Also has a knack of timing runs into the box. He fits the bill.

How much would you consider a 2-3 years younger Stephens worth? That's what we'll have to pay.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If he really is available for 10-12m we need to bite their hands off ASAP.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
£12m is a great price, he seems to be everything that we would need. A consistent central midfielder who makes runs into the box sounds exciting

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The key to moneyball football is to never buy a player who has had a good WC tournament. Let’s hope he stinks Russia out or has a bang average tournament. TB won’t pay for over inflated WC stars.

Ideally it would be to buy a player before he has a good WC tournament.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Watched him a few times this season on TV .

He’s no major upgrade on Stephens or Propper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here