Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
What a load of disingenuous crap this is. Your defender claimed something which it transpired he didn’t say. We can all agree in this day and age it’s better Bong complained than didn’t. You then sang ‘town full of racists’ and assumed Burnley wouldn’t react. Our club is full of snowflakes. Apparently so is yours.

albionite

May 20, 2009
What a load of disingenuous crap this is. Your defender claimed something which it transpired he didn’t say. We can all agree in this day and age it’s better Bong complained than didn’t. You then sang ‘town full of racists’ and assumed Burnley wouldn’t react. Our club is full of snowflakes. Apparently so is yours.

Bore of you prick and what has this thread to do with Nigel’s

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Your defender claimed something which it transpired he didn’t say.

:ffsparr:

You haven't actually bothered to read any of this thread, have you?

The whole point is, the independent panel COULD NOT determine, beyond reasonable doubt, what was said by Rodriguez.

You have no idea what he actually said, and neither does anyone else.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not really an accurate summary of what happened today. Bong was booed everytime he touched the ball, seemingly on the basis it's not a great idea to make a report of racial abuse irrespective of whether it was misheard.

To such an extent it was mentioned during the commentary on MOTD.

It that wasn't bad enough it was within the ground of a club not involved.

I'm amazed you are questioning the response. The message it sends out is chilling.

Shame.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Your fans did an excellent job of living up to the stereotyping though, don’t you think?

As is this thread with the stereotype of BHA fans these days.........we need it hot and sunny in Brighton today so we can get all the mattresses dried out.

Those with memory foam could be ruined though, that piss stink will never come out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As is this thread with the stereotype of BHA fans these days.........we need it hot and sunny in Brighton today so we can get all the mattresses dried out.

Those with memory foam could be ruined though, that piss stink will never come out.

Mine also has a few poo stains, suggestions to get these out?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Nice of you to pop on to our forum in the middle of the night to defend racism and get an FA ruling completely wrong. Too many lemonades dear? Or have you been at the baking powder the HF keep handy?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You should move to Burnley Ferg. You'd love it there. Full of Labour voting racists stuck in the 70s.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had the shoe been on the other foot then we would have done the same.

I’d boo someone who believes they’ve been racially abused, and the allegation hasn’t been cleared either way?! I ****ing wouldn’t. What sort of **** does that?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
3. You are of course right that Rodriguez was not proved innocent of racist comments; just as Bong was not proved innocent of malicious allegations.

Sigh. FFS why won’t any Burnley fans actually ****ing READ the statement from the FA?! Bong is quite clearly confirmed innocent in terms of his motivations. The FA confirm this in writing.

Bong is cleared. Rodriguez isn’t.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I actually called 606 tonight asking to respond to the 2 Burnley fans both stating that Rodriguez was proven not guilty. The second one, some whippet botherer who said he was an intelligent man, who had been to uni. stated, "I'm not racist, I didn't even vote for Brexit" :ffsparr:repeated several times that Rodriguez had been found not guilty. I wanted to tell the presenter that he should have been stronger in his response to this; he let him keep saying it.
I stated to the lackey that answered the phone the following:
CH was answering a question on the booing, which was constant all game. He was asked for his opinion, he gave it.
He is quite correct, it is shameful.
Their behaviour is the sort of thing that means in future, racism is more likely to go unreported.
The difference between not proven & not guilty.
Also, for the benefit of the second Burnley caller who admitted he was booing Gaeten "cos JR was proven not guilty". Obviously, a Uni education doesn't guarantee intelligence.

They said they'd call me back, they didn't. So 2 bigoted callers went un-challenged.

Unbelievable Jeff........ :facepalm:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I’d boo someone who believes they’ve been racially abused, and the allegation hasn’t been cleared either way?! I ****ing wouldn’t. What sort of **** does that?

To boo, or not to boo: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them?

Never has Shakespeare made more sense than on this thread......

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Delighted to see some reasonable voices on this thread. Sadly some idiots as well, but hey that’s football/life.

They did embarrass themselves with their booing. Gaeten, rose above it.

Really, I think there is a case for the club to be reported for the conduct of the fans. Booing a player for reporting an incident a racial misconduct? Really? And this is Gaeten. He’s not exactly got a track record of making stuff up or throwing his weight around. He is a very disciplined pro.

Hopefully Burnley fans will take a look at themselves and cringe. I’ve had nothing against them in the past, and hope not to in the future.

Does anyone know if Burnley have made a statement about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here