Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sandwiches,Bread Rolls and your personal fillings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of my old area managers asked my wife for a Banjo whenever he came to us and he wanted a fried egg and bacon sandwich He called it a banjo because the yolk invariably broke and dripped on his tie so he did a strumming movement to wipe it off.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mostly cheese and home made chutney.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Home baked sub roll filled with cream cheese, smoked Salmon and Cucumber. or home made Bloater paste and Cucumber.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Chopped ham and pork, mixed salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, mustard and a dressing in a baguette.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Using Hoveis Seeds Sensations bread
Unsalted butter or Olive spread on both, Pataks Mango Chutney on one, Helmans Mayonaisse on the other, Ham, Chicken or whatever on the Patak's , ( More Ham, Chicken or whatever on the Mayo if required ) , Sliced Tomato and some crunchy lettuce with a very little salt and grated black pepper, all of which does for me ! Bon appetit !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cheese and pickle, white crusty roll.

Simple tastes, for a simple man.

One of my old area managers asked my wife for a Banjo whenever he came to us and he wanted a fried egg and bacon sandwich He called it a banjo because the yolk invariably broke and dripped on his tie so he did a strumming movement to wipe it off.

He asked your wife for a 'Banjo' and then tells you it's all about 'dripping yolk on his tie'. ???

So trusting.

You may also want to try the maggot infested cheese that stinks like rotting flesh.
By the way, if you haven't been before Florence and Tuscany is wonderful, Pisa apart from the tower is a bit of a waste of time, better off spending more of your time in Florence or other places in Tuscany, like Lucca or Siena.
Went there for a week years ago based in Viareggio, great holiday.

Sienna is a lovely little city and you can get the bus to other attractive towns such as San Gimiano.

But back to the matter in hand. Cheese and pickle (Lidl caramelised red onion current favourite) sometimes with ham as well in a decent granary bread or baguette. Brie and cranberry sauce in a baguette another favourite and bacon and/or sausage always goes down well with bread choice a minor detail.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think there is far more to this story than meets the eye. :facepalm::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
White crusty roll, real butter, cheddar cheese, raw onion, tomato sauce

Or

White crusty roll, bacon, tomato, and branston pickle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fresh bloomer thickly sliced, plenty of real butter, freshly cooked cumberland sausage and English Mustard. That, or a soft white roll with crispy bacon and black pudding.

Cold, love a baguette with coronation chicken, rocket and sun dried or fresh sliced tomato.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
about 14 inches so the French Bread has to be cut 3 time once each end and sliced down the middle. A baguette is virtually an elongated roll.
Eh?
17bad929aabf8dc3068a363995cd4ed7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here