Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton are terrified of us

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Everton fearing little ol' Brighton.

What an age we live in. I love this club.

Wake me up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hmmmmmmm ...... this thread I don’t like. Q massive battering.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"I think I made myself pretty clear on Allardyce, and Everton really, during the week, so I won’t go into too much of that again. Instead, let’s look forward to going back to Goodison in the freezing cold weather to watch the Blues slump to another awful result, whereafter our manager will blame every aspect but himself, might even be the feng shui of the stands this time.

Brighton are a better, more combative side than us, no doubt about that (with a much superior manager) but we’ve been underdogs before and we tend to take on that mantle pretty well. However in the past, we usually took on the role with passion and purpose, things which this side scarcely possess. It’s not going to be a pretty game, it never is with Everton nowadays, but lets see if we can scrape a win which will take us further away from the 2018/19 EFL Championship.

Let’s see if we have enough to pull the wool over Brighton.

Now I want you to read that again, and realise that I’m talking about one of the most successful sides in English footballing history and one of the most iconic clubs in world football."

http://readeverton.com/2018/03/08/everton-v-brighton-everton-xi-2/

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didn't we have a similar thread prior to our visit to the Hawthorns?

And I was looking forward to going up tomorrow... :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They are just fans looking through some shit tinted glasses at the moment. Realistically they have a much better team than us, Hopefully they continue to massively under perform.

We still need a lot of things to go wrong for them tomorrow and a lot of things to work out for us. By no means will it be a walkover, not least to mention they are at home. Only West Ham have rolled over for us this season away from home, I doubt Everton will do the same tomorrow.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Just shut the **** up. Like Arsenal we are going to have to be RIGHT on it to get anything tomorrow. Manager of the Month and a thread saying Everton terrified of us. Jeez! Humble and steady as she goes - anything else and we’re dicked.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
They really HATE fat Sam don't they.

"Sorry there's no pies left mate. the gravy guzzler's had them all. There's only mini sausage rolls left, and Sammy Lee is filling his trolley with those as we speak"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
An interesting read. Having listened to Kevin Ratcliffe lay into the Everton hierarchy on Albion Unlimited this week too you'd think Everton were there for the taking tomorrow. They do seem to be fragile up there and hopefully we can take advantage, but we will have to be at our best do so. As crap as Everton have been away from home they have been much better at home (sound familiar?) and it will be a very tough game indeed.

The key for the Albion will be to limit mistakes and take care of the ball. Keep Everton at bay, get the crowd on their backs and then pounce.

I'd be happy with a point, just not seen enough from us away from home recently to be confident of a win. It will be interesting to see if we can maintain the confidence gained on Sunday and translate it into a performance tomorrow afternoon.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I highly doubt that Everton are 'terrified' of us. More a few bemoaning their own team's form whilst viewing the match in a negative way.

Crossroads.

They want to build a new stadium and join the top 6 to make it seven (although they are not even seventh in contention).

Even the most dreamland optimists will have worked out that their business plans say this would be ten years before stadium even pays for itself. In the short term it will only add £7 million to their annual turnover.

The rest is snobbery, the like of which could be compared to Aston Villa and Newcastle.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Makes me smile really. Big Sam was brought in by Bill Kenwright and his clan to do one job, and one job only, to ensure Everton retain their Premier League status.

Everton were equally as woeful as us in the first months of the season, but they should be safe now. Job done, the board may well decide to replace him for next season.

Back to Palace?

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The idea of Glenn Murray running anybody ragged is amusing in itself TBH

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd be happy with a point, just not seen enough from us away from home recently to be confident of a win. It will be interesting to see if we can maintain the confidence gained on Sunday and translate it into a performance tomorrow afternoon.

Happy? I'd be ecstatic. Let's stay grounded. Everton at Goodison are a vastly different proposition from Southampton and Stoke (where we needed miraculous interventions from Ryan, Dunk and AK to avoid defeat).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It should be quite an interesting game.

The statistics show that we are both abysmal at defending and attacking set pieces. it is so bad that we would deep in the mire unless we weren't about seventh in the League at defending from open play, and middle of the table for scoring from open play, albeit middle of the table is relegation threatened, and we are equal bottom of the table at scoring away from home.

Our saving grace is, hopefully, defending set pieces is easier to rectify than overall crappiness.

Everton have lots of games against relegation fighters and all the clubs will see games vs Everton as a chance to pick up valuable points. Especially if they are home to Everton.

I think the other relegation strugglers will want to see Everton safe so they can pick up easier points against them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Happy? I'd be ecstatic. Let's stay grounded. Everton at Goodison are a vastly different proposition from Southampton and Stoke (where we needed miraculous interventions from Ryan, Dunk and AK to avoid defeat).

Totally agree. The one thing I do know is that Hughton will not be as carried away by last Sunday's win as we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here