Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Passenger protest against Southern Trains

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I propose a day of action against the shambles that is Southern Rail !!

I suggest we advertise a date where every person uses the trains that day buys a ticket from the station only to the next station, doesn't matter where your destination is you stay on the train.

Surely they can't enforce penalty fares on the 1000's of people travelling that day !!

Enough is enough !! Us passengers have been ****ed about for too long !!

If this takes off it could be huge !!

Thoughts ?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I propose a day of action against the shambles that is Southern Rail !!

I suggest we advertise a date where every person uses the trains that day buys a ticket from the station only to the next station, doesn't matter where your destination is you stay on the train.

Surely they can't enforce penalty fares on the 1000's of people travelling that day !!

Enough is enough !! Us passengers have been ****ed about for too long !!

If this takes off it could be huge !!

Thoughts ?
Getting on a train, only getting to the next station and then staying on the train is what we end up doing half the time anyway

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
What if you've got a season ticket? The protests need to step up though as the small ones so far haven't resulted in anything happening.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
What about ticket barriers? And besides, good luck even getting on a scheduled train - even after the strike ends.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont use trains but would you not be better blocking the ticket barriers so nobody can get on and the trajn runs empty but lije everything it needs to be done at every station or it will fail. Just a thought could you not surround the RMT pickets to make them less effective as surely they are the major cause of the problem.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I dont use trains but would you not be better blocking the ticket barriers so nobody can get on and the trajn runs empty but lije everything it needs to be done at every station or it will fail. Just a thought could you not surround the RMT pickets to make them less effective as surely they are the major cause of the problem.
Uh oh.....

Where's me pringles?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Nice idea but Southern won't give a monkeys. Somehow you need to aim your protests at the government. They could stop the whole issue just by clicking their fingers if they wanted. Southern are incompetent and are making a bad situation worse but the Dft is the driving force behind these problems.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice idea but Southern won't give a monkeys. Somehow you need to aim your protests at the government. They could stop the whole issue just by clicking their fingers if they wanted. Southern are incompetent and are making a bad situation worse but the Dft is the driving force behind these problems.

Not up with this but how can the government flick their fingers and solve the problem. I was under the impression it is about efficiency and not paying guards to do nothing. Please put me right.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Not up with this but how can the government flick their fingers abd solvd the problem. I was under the impression it is about efficiency and not paying guards to do nothing. Please put me right.

Your impression is wrong. Best grab some popcorn and read as much of the Southern rail strike thread as you can bear.

Not up with this but how can the government flick their fingers and solve the problem. I was under the impression it is about efficiency and not paying guards to do nothing. Please put me right.

No. It's about the government instructing Southern to break the Trade Unions. Once Southern have done that, the expectation is that the other train operators will follow suit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I havent read it because it will be loaded by the likes of Ernest who are anti anything that most want and see as sensible. I would prefer somebody to list the reasons for the dispute and the major arguments for and against without political bias, just facts.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Still clueless I see bg

One FACT is that, uniquely, this franchise has been designed to ensure that the train operator's finances are not affected, even if they don't carry any passengers at all. Fares income goes direct to the government, who are prepared to see the service lose as much money as anyone cares to see, provided the trade union is destroyed. It's a version of Tory policy that we haven't seen since the coal industry strike in the mid 1980s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here