Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making a Murderer documentary

Stumpy Tim

One thing definitely not mentioned was the manicles he allegedly used on the victim. He did have manicles in his house (not mentioned, doesn't look good on him), but they showed no sign of her DNA (looks good for him, though he could have cleaned them obviously)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
One thing definitely not mentioned was the manicles he allegedly used on the victim. He did have manicles in his house (not mentioned, doesn't look good on him), but they showed no sign of her DNA (looks good for him, though he could have cleaned them obviously)

SPOILER

I thought It was mentioned? But he said they was for his Girlfriend, Jodi, who's DNA was found on them.

Perhaps I saw that on Youtube.

I think Dassey's confession is what convicted Avery. Without that I think he would of walked. Even though they did not use it as evidence, it was all over the media at the time so the Jury would of known.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
[MENTION=3883]Stumpy[/MENTION]tim & [MENTION=13928]albionite[/MENTION] thanks. I have checked Phoenix but didn't see it, well try again later.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
SPOILER

I thought It was mentioned? But he said they was for his Girlfriend, Jodi, who's DNA was found on them.

Perhaps I saw that on Youtube.

I think Dassey's confession is what convicted Avery. Without that I think he would of walked. Even though they did not use it as evidence, it was all over the media at the time so the Jury would of known.

So not the key or the blood in her car or the bones in his yard and the fact that he was the last person to see her alive? Oh and the bullet too that was a match for his gun

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
So not the key or the blood in her car or the bones in his yard and the fact that he was the last person to see her alive? Oh and the bullet too that was a match for his gun

I think that the key, blood and bullet all have significant areas of doubt around them. Didn't you?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think that the key, blood and bullet all have significant areas of doubt around them. Didn't you?

Well, it does if you believe the police would be able to plant all those things. I suppose they could have done, but then his sweat was on the key. Do the police have access to his sweat? It seems a bit far fetched to me.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Well, it does if you believe the police would be able to plant all those things. I suppose they could have done, but then his sweat was on the key. Do the police have access to his sweat? It seems a bit far fetched to me.

Just his DNA on the key. Why not hers too, it was her key?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The cop who called in Teresa's Rav4 licence plate ID check, then mentioning the year make and model 4 days before it was then "discovered" in Avery's yard...hmmm.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The cop who called in Teresa's Rav4 licence plate ID check, then mentioning the year make and model 4 days before it was then "discovered" in Avery's yard...hmmm.

I think that is the thing that really got me. He lied, under oath, and it was proven that he lied. Yet his testimony was still allowed to be heard by the jury. Absolute madness.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think that is the thing that really got me. He lied, under oath, and it was proven that he lied. Yet his testimony was still allowed to be heard by the jury. Absolute madness.

Exactly. Quite apart from the bullet, the blood, the key, how can a jury possibly hear that piece of evidence alone and NOT think "whoa...hang on....".

I do not understand how they can get past that. To find Avery guilty, they are supposed to be certain beyond all reasonable doubt. How they could not have doubts about that case is utterly beyond my comprehension.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exactly. Quite apart from the bullet, the blood, the key, how can a jury possibly hear that piece of evidence alone and NOT think "whoa...hang on....".

I do not understand how they can get past that. To find Avery guilty, they are supposed to be certain beyond all reasonable doubt. How they could not have doubts about that case is utterly beyond my comprehension.

This is the opposite of the OJ case where all the evidence pointed to OJ murdering the victim but then the case collapsed because it was proved that one of the police officers was a racist.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I don't think it was confirmed but it heavily alluded to that three of the jurors refused to deliberate at all and pressured the others into a guilty verdict.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My missus has been watching this and is utterly hooked. I will catch up ASAP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here