Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Visting the Goldstone Ground

What's your stance of visiting the Goldstone now?

• Not bothered - I shop there without any problems

Votes: 76 37.1%
  • Now we have Falmer I will visit the site

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Now we have Falmer I will at least drive past

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I have never and will never shop there

Votes: 68 33.2%
  • I will never ever even go past The Goldstone - that's how much it hurts

Votes: 18 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
meh, i was born a few days after the Doncaster game... Although I wish i was born before so I could've seen it in flesh, I don't have an issue going there... However when I do, I always wonder what It was like, or what it would've been now...

Guess I'm just not as attached as some of you oldies... but that's cause I'm only 20

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't visit there, mainly because there's nothing there I want to make use of.

If there was, it wouldn't bother me too much. I still explain the area to people if i'm with them and we go past but that's all.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
have been many many times it is hallowed ground, a great loved ones burial place, I drive past to feel close every home game at the withdean and the amex still --gone but never forgotten

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has a good story about not driving past The Goldstone site.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It helps that the stores there are not ones that I want to visit.

I plan on returning when my ashes are scattered in store.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I really don't think there is any excuse for shopping there.

Other retail parks are available.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I just cant bring myself to do it. When I am in town I go to the greyhound racing sometimes and when approaching the Old Shoreham Road traffic lights afterwards I cannot bring myself to look left. So many special memories of that place, spread through my formative and early adult years, I just wont allow them to be diluted because of what is there now.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I once had to shop at ToysRUs.... I went to Portsmouth instead #twats

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You'll have to either remind me or tell the story yourself.

I wasn't there, so it has to be your story...

Reminder: Taxi / Drunk / Brighton

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've been there a couple of times recently for the first time. I didn't feel comfortable with it, but did it anyway.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Looks to be an interesting split to how fans now view the Goldstone Retail Park.

To me, that land now represents the commercial gains for Archer & Stanley. My childhood memories have been replaced with view of Toys R Us.
I will never set foot on that land until the day I die. When my partner has shopped there, I have sat on bench in Hove Park instead.

Perhaps Mendoza could have filmed that segment from the Goldstone Ground plaque in Hove Park instead?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I drove past there with the children before the WBA game, to give them a bit of colour for the "Archer" story. It still saddens me seeing the old ground like that and I don't think I could bring myself to walk in there. It wouldn't seem right.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If Apple were to open a new European Genius Store - the biggest in Europe, even the world - and promised to retail products available in the US but not yet in other European stores, would [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] be a regular at the site?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Apple were to open a new European Genius Store - the biggest in Europe, even the world - and promised to retail products available in the US but not yet in other European stores, would [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] be a regular at the site?

Would never happen. The US doesn't get any Apple products before us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here