Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet statement following Sunderland sacking

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
All factual isn't it ?

He was a Premier League manager and its his livelihood, what would you expect him to say, that he isnt very good.

I wouldn't expect him to make a written statement.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I wouldn't expect him to make a written statement.

What with all the rumours and inuendo that surrounds every sacking, I would.

I agree that its a bit of an open application form, but his career is managing football clubs, so if he feels his records stands up to scrutiny then why not, get it out there.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Reading that it looks like they were mad to sack him, but the statistics are right. So I guess it just shows what you can do with facts.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He's not wrong though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just knew it wasn't his fault, glad that's been cleared up now by referring to last season throughout his statement as I was a bit worried that this season may have found him out but clearly it hasn't.. I guess he'll sit back and wait for the next Premier League club to come knocking?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The FACTS are he kept them up last season which was a miracle, got them to their first cup final in over 40 years and when sacked had them outside the relegation zone

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I just knew it wasn't his fault, glad that's been cleared up now by referring to last season throughout his statement as I was a bit worried that this season may have found him out but clearly it hasn't.. I guess he'll sit back and wait for the next Premier League club to come knocking?

Or someone at Greeffeen Park? Charlie knows the way. "Ees not so complicated".

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Gus has Cherry Picked the highlights of his time at Sunderland and good luck to him, that is his perogative. I don't like the guys demeanour but that is only my view and i respect that others have a different view of him.

I think his career will nose dive wherever he goes because he does not have the luxury of ''press and public likeability''. I wouldn't like to drive the guy out of his home in the UK but I think his next career move would be best served at International level where he does not need to wrk with people 6 days per week

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The FACTS are he kept them up last season which was a miracle, got them to their first cup final in over 40 years and when sacked had them outside the relegation zone

Didn't they lose in the 1992(?) FA Cup Final to Liverpool? Got presented with the winners medals after losing as well or something along those lines.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here