Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
first come first served the way forward if you have a ST, that way these retired folk have no problem
regards
DR

But with the current online system, you are allocated a random place in the queue, so not effectively first come first served.

How about doing away with online and telephone bookings and going back to queuing at the ticket office. This way all the JCLs get to enjoy the way everyone used to queue down Newtown Road and around the block in the rain or sunshine for many hours and then to be told sorry sold out.

I'm just getting the sleeping bag and flask out so I can start queuing straight after the Newcastle game for the next ticket release.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
But with the current online system, you are allocated a random place in the queue, so not effectively first come first served.

How about doing away with online and telephone bookings and going back to queuing at the ticket office. This way all the JCLs get to enjoy the way everyone used to queue down Newtown Road and around the block in the rain or sunshine for many hours and then to be told sorry sold out.

I'm just getting the sleeping bag and flask out so I can start queuing straight after the Newcastle game for the next ticket release.

You will be queuing for Swansea tickets that makes you an uber fan!

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Does anybody actually know how many of the people who bought tickets for the Bournemouth cup game did so only to harvest points?

And of those who did that, does anybody know how many of them are now in a position to buy tickets in the first or second tier (because that's as far as the away tickets seem to get at the moment)?

Because these cup points haven't actually had any effect on anyone's ability to buy tickets yet, have they?

So no one has actually missed out on anything yet.

However the loyalty system is done, some people will always think it's unfair.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is all getting rather tedious. There is nothing wrong fundamentally with the scheme it's just that the club screwed up for the Bournemouth game. Lesson learnt and move on. It could only probably happen again if we get a nonentity in the third round of the FA Cup and the club now know better. People are very unlikely to harvest points from future league games.

The club can't really do anything about those that didn't go on Tuesday. There is no condition of attendance that applies when you buy a ticket. The club can't retrospectively penalize those no shows. What are they going to do? Every single one of the 650 that didn't turn up can say they had every intention of going but something cropped up at work. What is Barber going to do, get a note from all their employers! The club need to be pragmatic here and hold their hand and say 'yep, we ****ed up but we have learned from this and won't make the mistake again'.

Going forward they can change the T & Cs to require attendance and then get the digital info from the away teams and disallow loyalty points for those that don't actually go (but only for games for which they haven't sold the tickets for yet). Probably not as time consuming as PB has suggested as no doubt they can shove all those that purchased on one spread sheet and sort if by seat number and then compare it to a list of tickets that were recorded as entering. (Yes, no doubt some muppets will try and scan friends tickets but that will be down to stewards to spot and the club could always add to the T & Cs that if you are found to have done that you lose all points and your season ticket).

Need to move on as we have a big game on Sunday and focus should be on that.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Does anybody actually know how many of the people who bought tickets for the Bournemouth cup game did so only to harvest points?

And of those who did that, does anybody know how many of them are now in a position to buy tickets in the first or second tier (because that's as far as the away tickets seem to get at the moment)?

Because these cup points haven't actually had any effect on anyone's ability to buy tickets yet, have they?

So no one has actually missed out on anything yet.

However the loyalty system is done, some people will always think it's unfair.

It's been posted several times but 1325 tickets were sold, and 652 went through the turnstiles. I've seen several posts from people that wanted to buy tickets for Bournemouth, both on Nsc and Facebook, but were unable to go, because the tickets had sold out by teatime. Not everyone can access the ticket site from work, and a couple of Dads wanted to take their young sons, who wouldn't have enough points for the first tranche.
So fans did miss out, because 700 people bought tickets but didn't go.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This is all getting rather tedious. There is nothing wrong fundamentally with the scheme it's just that the club screwed up for the Bournemouth game. Lesson learnt and move on. It could only probably happen again if we get a nonentity in the third round of the FA Cup and the club now know better. People are very unlikely to harvest points from future league games.

The club can't really do anything about those that didn't go on Tuesday. There is no condition of attendance that applies when you buy a ticket. The club can't retrospectively penalize those no shows. What are they going to do? Every single one of the 650 that didn't turn up can say they had every intention of going but something cropped up at work. What is Barber going to do, get a note from all their employers! The club need to be pragmatic here and hold their hand and say 'yep, we ****ed up but we have learned from this and won't make the mistake again'.

Going forward they can change the T & Cs to require attendance and then get the digital info from the away teams and disallow loyalty points for those that don't actually go (but only for games for which they haven't sold the tickets for yet). Probably not as time consuming as PB has suggested as no doubt they can shove all those that purchased on one spread sheet and sort if by seat number and then compare it to a list of tickets that were recorded as entering. (Yes, no doubt some muppets will try and scan friends tickets but that will be down to stewards to spot and the club could always add to the T & Cs that if you are found to have done that you lose all points and your season ticket).

Need to move on as we have a big game on Sunday and focus should be on that.

Written by someone who bought a ticket and didn't go by the sounds of it. At the very least those who selfishly bought tickets with no intention of going should lose all loyalty points so far this season and even better if they were banned for a period of time or even banned from buying tickets for the matches like Man U, Spurs, Chelsea etc this season so the loyalty points they got are worthless

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Written by someone who bought a ticket and didn't go by the sounds of it. At the very least those who selfishly bought tickets with no intention of going should lose all loyalty points so far this season and even better if they were banned for a period of time or even banned from buying tickets for the matches like Man U, Spurs, Chelsea etc this season so the loyalty points they got are worthless

Sorry to disappoint. Did have a ticket and did go.

As for the rest of your post, in your dreams. I'm assuming you weren't there. Did you have a ticket or don't you have enough loyalty points so need to contrive a situation where those above you get relegated to below you.

As I said, can't really see the club doing anything about it retrospectively other than perhaps fire off some warning emails to those they identify as not having gone and, of course, changing what they do for the future.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Problem here is that, with away games in big demand, we are creating an elite group of travelling fans. Those who want to go and fall outside this group will never reach the required points as they can't get a ticket anyway.

How about giving more points for league matches that don't sell out (and check usage if needed)

Huddersfield Town away gets 4 x more points than Arsenal.

I'm not saying it is wrong or right, but I believe this is what happens at pretty much most of the PL teams, ( an elite, closed shop of away fans)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I believe (hope) that will be the case. Perhaps even the glamour ties will become less in demand if we aren't winning the league by Xmas :)

There'll still be 3,000 at most away games if we're heading back down.

People ticking off stadia they may well never see again. Plus the novelty.

I doubt Stains and Plucky send 3,000 these days to every away trip.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There should be no points awarded for away games. Rules for purchasing for away games should be similar to those for home games with the priority going to season ticket holders, irrespective of where in the ground they sit. It will at least allow a wider selection of fans to experience away matches, rather than an elite few.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think it's only reasonable and fair if those who did attend where given 30 points for being uber fans. Life is better when you incentivise rather than penalise

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This is all getting rather tedious. There is nothing wrong fundamentally with the scheme it's just that the club screwed up for the Bournemouth game. Lesson learnt and move on. It could only probably happen again if we get a nonentity in the third round of the FA Cup and the club now know better. People are very unlikely to harvest points from future league games..

I don't think it is just Bournemouth. It might have been obviously apparent there, but I'm sure this is happening for every game this season. Lets face it, if you have the highest number of loyalty points you're not going to want to lose your place and are going to buy a ticket for every (or nearly every) game regardless. Have your daughter's birthday party on the day of the Arsenal game? Not a problem, not going to be hard to sell that ticket on.

My solution is clean - only award loyalty points when a game goes to general sale for members. If it sells out at STH points or above, no loyalty points are awarded. Priority still continues as before, but no new points are gained just because you're first in the queue for the big games. You can only measure loyalty when everybody has a chance to buy. Points will keep being earned for buying home tickets, and presumably for some of the furthest away games.

If someone can forward this idea on to Big Man Paulie B, that would be mighty fine :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't think it is just Bournemouth. It might have been obviously apparent there, but I'm sure this is happening for every game this season. Lets face it, if you have the highest number of loyalty points you're not going to want to lose your place and are going to buy a ticket for every (or nearly every) game regardless. Have your daughter's birthday party on the day of the Arsenal game? Not a problem, not going to be hard to sell that ticket on.

My solution is clean - only award loyalty points when a game goes to general sale for members. If it sells out at STH points or above, no loyalty points are awarded. Priority still continues as before, but no new points are gained just because you're first in the queue for the big games. You can only measure loyalty when everybody has a chance to buy. Points will keep being earned for buying home tickets, and presumably for some of the furthest away games.

If someone can forward this idea on to Big Man Paulie B, that would be mighty fine :thumbsup:

paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There should be no points awarded for away games. Rules for purchasing for away games should be similar to those for home games with the priority going to season ticket holders, irrespective of where in the ground they sit. It will at least allow a wider selection of fans to experience away matches, rather than an elite few.

22K season ticket holders wanting 3K away tickets, which go on sale at 10am. Those who can't access the internet at 10am, or have their internet access limited to works software only will never get tickets.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
As a pensioner, I do have the privilege of getting my own tickets, and have 325 points, with which to do it.

Many regular away fans are pensioners. It's the youngsters who are missing out.

Yes, yet again the baby boomers thinking only of themselves, pensions, leaving the EU, houses, free uni, jobs and now loyalty points. Oldies should adopt a youngster, like me. Donate your loayalty points

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here