Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I had to do the same in the 70s and 80s when I lived in your vicinity. Funnily enough, I didn't have much bother in the 90s when it was Huddersfield or Halifax, we were playing.

Not had a problem anytime (with a few exceptions) up until this season and usually we never sold out so POTG was available for most matches not in the south.

Now the oop north away games seem to be a lot more popular for some reason. Oh well at least I cheered us along in the lower leagues.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not had a problem anytime (with a few exceptions) up until this season and usually we never sold out so POTG was available for most matches not in the south.

Now the oop north away games seem to be a lot more popular for some reason. Oh well at least I cheered us along in the lower leagues.

I suspect you'll be able to get into Huddersfield away.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I bet costa and the luv bus cronies have their away tickets on speed dial
regards
DR

And? What is your point*?

That somebody who not only has been to EVERY game home and away for 20 years+, but also puts a shitload of unpaid time into ensuring others less able can travel too, would always manage to get tickets as they become available?

Why the **** shouldn't she? Literally, by any criteria you want to use, the club has no fan, more 'loyal'.

More power to her, and her love-bus gang.

(*in this specific context, rather than a general question, though that might also be a valid question)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now the oop north away games seem to be a lot more popular for some reason. .

How do you know - we've not had any yet.

I don't see why you won't get to enjoy Burnley, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Stoke oop your way.

el punal

Here we go another opportunity for the "we went to Rotherham on a Tuesday night" brigade to tell us that only they are the true fans.

Not at all! We are all true fans. The difference here is how do you allocate tickets in the fairest way possible. The club's chosen route has been to award those fans, who have travelled far and wide supporting the Albion, first dibs (through the loyalty points system) on ticket allocation. Just because you have or haven't been to Rotherham doesn't make you a good or bad fan, it means that if you have then you have more of an advantage.

Jan 30, 2008
And? What is your point*?

That somebody who not only has been to EVERY game home and away for 20 years+, but also puts a shitload of unpaid time into ensuring others less able can travel too, would always manage to get tickets as they become available?

Why the **** shouldn't she? Literally, by pretty any criteria you want to use, the club has no fan, more 'loyal'.

More power to her, and her love-bus gang.

(*in this specific context, rather than a general question, though that might also be a valid question)
I'M SURE THERE'S "OTHER" PENSIONERS THAT WOULD LIKE THE PRIVILAGE OF A TICKET ,what's your point???
regards
DR

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Do you really think getting a few lots of 10 points for home matches as a non-STH will enhance the chances of getting an away ticket ?

I have no problem with those who pay the club the most money getting the tickets, but just sad feeling that my old regular 12 -15 away matches per season is at an end and will have to settle for a few games at the Amex.

Perhaps not. Probably not but people in a similar situation to yours are victims of the game getting away from long term fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As a pensioner, I do have the privilege of getting my own tickets, and have 325 points, with which to do it.

Many regular away fans are pensioners. It's the youngsters who are missing out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
closed shop HKFC :wink:
regards
DR

Whatever.

Any system that DIDN'T guarantee tickets, to people who have attended every game, home and away, following all manner of shit Albion sides, under shit managers, at shit grounds, in every shit league, for twenty years, would be a pretty shit 'loyalty' system.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fans who genuinely missed the match because of the loyalty point abuse have every right to be severely pi55ed off. However I do think the club has to shoulder a bit of the blame as this was always going to happen given the cheapness of the tickets.

The club has to shoulder all of the blame for this shit storm.

They saw what happened for the Barnet game but chose to offer 10 points for a 10 pound ticket. Apart from the small-ish crowd who can be seen at every game, home and away, there are the next tier who go to loads of away games and saw an opportunity to help them get 'glamour' tickets. Not guarantee tickets but improve their chances.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The club has to shoulder all of the blame for this shit storm.

They saw what happened for the Barnet game but chose to offer 10 points for a 10 pound ticket. Apart from the small-ish crowd who can be seen at every game, home and away, there are the next tier who go to loads of away games and saw an opportunity to help them get 'glamour' tickets. Not guarantee tickets but improve their chances.

I'd say the people who abused the system to the detriment of fellow fans should shoulder the blame.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whatever.

Any system that DIDN'T guarantee tickets, to people who have attended every game, home and away, following all manner of shit Albion sides, under shit managers, at shit grounds, in every shit league, for twenty years, would be a pretty shit 'loyalty' system.

But one that the JCLs would give the thumbs up to.

I don't believe the current one is a closed shop anyway, given the higher points differential at the lower end of ST ownership compared to upper range

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'd say the people who abused the system to the detriment of fellow fans should shoulder the blame.

Exactly. I'd say the club wanted as big a crowd as possible for Barnet and the incentive of a cheap ticket with 10 loyalty points ensured we got a reasonable attendance. If fans abuse the system that's their fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here