Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham away

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
NO chance Swansea will come down for saps like me with no ST!!! Bournemouth in the league cup sold out just four days after the league game!

It's around a 14 hour day for those of us in the Brighton area choosing rail. Arrive in Swansea around 13:30, leave at 18:30 and 9+ hours travelling.

Many of us are used to this but it will be too much for some, so I don't think it will be as popular as you think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure how well a pano photo will upload, but I'll try anyway. This was from the Para World Championships this Summer. I'd have no issue with Upper tier, if it was the front half or so. I'd rather be there than the front of the lower tier.

You should be able to see, towards the left, that there isn't a significant gap between the lower and upper tiers.

952863d6c1036e9cd20823e5cd6083ce.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Right now there are so many wanting to go because they are Premier League matches. In the Championship these threads appeared about three times a seaon ( for the likes of Fulham and Charlton away, because they are great days out, and the Final Day games because there was something riding on them)
Why should those that couldn't (or wouldn't) go even as far as the Midlands games now think they should be going to the 'glamour' games? Will we have a similar thread for Burnley away?

No one is saying that. The most loyal are getting tickets for the high demand games, there is no doubting the logic and fairness of that.

The point being made, was why you would have 10 loyalty points awarded for going to West Ham? If you've got 264 points already, then you've proved your loyalty and you deserve a ticket to the game, but 10 more points awarded, for a game everyone would want to go to loyalty points or not? Not sure that is the point is it?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure how well a pano photo will upload, but I'll try anyway. This was from the Para World Championships this Summer. I'd have no issue with Upper tier, if it was the front half or so. I'd rather be there than the front of the lower tier.

You should be able to see, towards the left, that there isn't a significant gap between the lower and upper tiers.

Still closer than the Withdean away end! :lolol:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Completely different seat setup for Athletics, The gap between upper and lower tiers is at its biggest behind the goals, (where the away fans are)Picture here explains it better https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-ham-first-season-london-stadium-slaven-bilic

Its a nice athletics stadium.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
West ham away

The lower tier seats are retractable. They are moved forward for the football hence the gap between tiers won’t be visible on your photo.

9e3985caca6c772728bcc7200d3364c7.jpg

theboybilly

No one is saying that. The most loyal are getting tickets for the high demand games, there is no doubting the logic and fairness of that.

The point being made, was why you would have 10 loyalty points awarded for going to West Ham? If you've got 264 points already, then you've proved your loyalty and you deserve a ticket to the game, but 10 more points awarded, for a game everyone would want to go to loyalty points or not? Not sure that is the point is it?

It was the notion of reducing some points allocations down to 5 (or even 2) that I don't understand. There are folk who are borderline in whatever points level that could theoretically go to say 8 aways this season but find themselves missing out to somebody who went to 5 games with bigger LP values. Admittedly it would affect few but somebody could lose out on a ticket to Liverpool on the last day through no fault of their own. For what it's worth I think the system is as fair as it can get

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was the notion of reducing some points allocations down to 5 (or even 2) that I don't understand. There are folk who are borderline in whatever points level that could theoretically go to say 8 aways this season but find themselves missing out to somebody who went to 5 games with bigger LP values. Admittedly it would affect few but somebody could lose out on a ticket to Liverpool on the last day through no fault of their own. For what it's worth I think the system is as fair as it can get

That is the notion the club are operating the scheme under. West Ham is 10pts Arsenal is 5pts. So I don't understand that either, which is why I was pointing it out.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
At least, because I'll be away anyway, I won't have a hissy fit about being 2 points short of the second tranche!

I might be though!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Right now there are so many wanting to go because they are Premier League matches. In the Championship these threads appeared about three times a seaon ( for the likes of Fulham and Charlton away, because they are great days out, and the Final Day games because there was something riding on them)
Why should those that couldn't (or wouldn't) go even as far as the Midlands games now think they should be going to the 'glamour' games? Will we have a similar thread for Burnley away?

I'm not moaning I can't go to a glamour game, I'm moaning I can't go to Bournemouth away in the Carabao Cup!!!

At the end of the day anyone who doesn't have a season ticket can't get to ANY away game, doesn't really matter where in the country it is. I bloody well hope we don't have a similar thread for Burnley away!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here