Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School in Lewes bans girls from wearing skirts in new PC drive

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Strange I have see far far worse things in a work environment than someone crying. An odd criteria to judge leadership.

I guess we are all shaped by our experiences. I have seen many effective female leaders. Not sure why this has not been the case for you, but I suspect not many smart women want to hang around too long in the arse end of nowhere.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I've seen good female leaders too. Men are still better leaders though.

Maybe as you're a beta male you like working under the ladies. Suits your style.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Disappointed - > 100# posts and not a single picture of the much mentioned school girl in a skirt that's too short.
Leads me to think its all hypothetical ....

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The world would definitely be a better place with more female leaders. A feminine influence can bring a great deal of positive change.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Or maybe Head Teachers and teachers should concentrate on their quality of teaching rather utterly pointless things like uniform. The new generation of Heads seem to think that shoving kids in ties and blazers somehow improves learning - utterly ridiculous. They also don't live in the real world when it comes to costs parents have to cope with. Take for example Patcham High. They have now banned winter coats and brought in branded school winter coats. Parents were only given a few weeks notice and now have to spend a fortune on a coat that the kids are only going to wear to school. If it's so bloody important to the school that they all wear a school branded coat then the school should bloody well provide them at their cost !!!!!!!!!!

Good point!

Except,who pays for the schools?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Personally, I am against school uniforms. People are not all the same, people should not be coached into being drones for the conveyor belt of life. I particularly hate it when I see year 1 children in ties...as if they're little business executives.

Who do people think they are, controlling what others choose to wear - especially when taken to the level of some of the examples linked to on this thread?

Let children dress how they like, or how their parents choose them to dress, within the bounds of common decency.

I am also against the dress code that [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] mentioned earlier. Adults should choose what they wear to work. As long as it's clean, and basically 'smart' where's the problem?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am also against the dress code that [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] mentioned earlier. Adults should choose what they wear to work. As long as it's clean, and basically 'smart' where's the problem?

bascially smart and even to some clean is subjective, common decency isnt as common as you'd like to think.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I've seen good female leaders too. Men are still better leaders though.

Maybe as you're a beta male you like working under the ladies. Suits your style.
So you just continually repeat that men are better leaders and then attempt a fairly stupid semi-insult. Classy.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I would only support uniforms for pupils if the teaching staff were so dressed so that they also supported the idea of belonging to the organisation (and were showing an example to be looked up to).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Strange I have see far far worse things in a work environment than someone crying. An odd criteria to judge leadership.

I guess we are all shaped by our experiences. I have seen many effective female leaders. Not sure why this has not been the case for you, but I suspect not many smart women want to hang around too long in the arse end of nowhere.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I live in the same place as TB and I disagree wholeheartedly with his comments so it is not his location that is responsible for his view. As a point of order Geelong is a fantastic place to live and has as many smart capable women as anywhere else that i have lived (if you are ever in Australia I would be happy to show you around). I also have the pleasure of knowing many women who are strong and confident leaders.

As a point of order, I work in education which is female dominated and don't think I have ever seen anyone crying at work. At work we generally manage to manage our emotions effectively.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So is this about political correctness or is it about girls taking the piss and shortening their skirts all the time? If it is the latter then perhaps this is a sensible solution allowing teachers to concentrate on the job they are paid for.

It seems to me that there is a large section of society that use the umbrella idea of political correctness to complain about decisions they don't like.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You've not provided any evidence to prove women are better leaders.

The theory has not been suitably tested as yet, there is no data either way. Until I see evidence to the contrary I am going to assume that gender has no bearing on the ability to be a leader

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The theory has not been suitably tested as yet, there is no data either way. Until I see evidence to the contrary I am going to assume that gender has no bearing on the ability to be a leader

I think the evidence is there. The genders gravitate to roles they relate to or feel most suited too. Why do women naturally gravitate towards nursing rather than the military?

To be a leader you need to have a natural inclination to be drawn to leadership.

To become a leader one has to often sacrifice various things. Men are more willing to make those sacrifices and work the longer hours than women to get there and the statistics of work hours back that up.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think the evidence is there. The genders gravitate to roles they relate to or feel most suited too. Why do women naturally gravitate towards nursing rather than the military?

To be a leader you need to have a natural inclination to be drawn to leadership.

To become a leader one has to often sacrifice various things. Men are more willing to make those sacrifices and work the longer hours than women to get there and the statistics of work hours back that up.
Until there has been a level playing field f or sustained amount of time there is no evidence. Up until now there have simply been too many variables to come up with any conclusions. All the things you list above are examples of those variables.

You have posted examples of women choosing other things over working towards leadership. This doesn't mean that they are worse leaders than men if just means they have different priorities.

The only way you can test the theory that men are better leaders than women would be to find a huge sample of men and women who have worked towards leadership and look at the results. Of course you would then have to take into account variables such as sexist values blocking Leadership pathways, old school the networks opening oppirtunitues etc.

Like I say I don't think the evidence is available yet.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here