Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Worthing parkrun for me today: 21:42. Pretty ordinary but happy with this as I ran down to the start (3 miles or so) and - such was the quality of the field - managed to beat all the 50+ 'youngsters' (a relative term).
On Cardiff I did a 10K there many years ago (we finished in the nearly-constructed Millennium stadium) and got the impression that it is a hotbed of running......and drinking too. Also saw Sussex win the Sunday League at Sophia Gardens back in the day (happy memories).

Good Saturday workout for you. I did the Cardiff 10k around 16/17 years before the stadium. Nice run through the park and castle. Cardiff is planning an April Marathon. They nearly set it for 2017 but had too many road closures to organise and not enough time.. I would like to do the inaugural run in 2018.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good Saturday workout for you. I did the Cardiff 10k around 16/17 years before the stadium. Nice run through the park and castle. Cardiff is planning an April Marathon. They nearly set it for 2017 but had too many road closures to organise and not enough time.. I would like to do the inaugural run in 2018.

Cheers. Hope you can do that Cardiff marathon in 2018 (as an over 60?). Can't see me keeping you company!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's very quiet this weekend. Nobody running? (Hungover after yesterday's result at Bristol maybe.)

Did a 20-ish Parkrun yesterday. Hard work in the cold. Difficult to push on at the end, chest hurts from breathing in icicles, legs feel like I've done squats today. Good to high-five with Greg Bobkin at the end.

I think Mr Blobby and others are doing the Martlets run at Hove Park today. Would have popped over to murmur support if I'd remembered.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Ran the Beckley 10k this morning. It's a nice informal figure of 8 around the village with a couple of climbs at 3 and 7k but then a nice gentle downhill ti the finish. All finishers get a free beer with a choice of 3 this year when only bud was on offer last time round. I went round in 43:02, 5 minutes quicker than last year when my knees were playing up but target was sub 43 so now I'll have to concentrate on Bright 10 in a couple of weeks. Still came in 12th from 250 odd runners so overall a good days work

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Ran the Beckley 10k this morning. It's a nice informal figure of 8 around the village with a couple of climbs at 3 and 7k but then a nice gentle downhill ti the finish. All finishers get a free beer with a choice of 3 this year when only bud was on offer last time round. I went round in 43:02, 5 minutes quicker than last year when my knees were playing up but target was sub 43 so now I'll have to concentrate on Bright 10 in a couple of weeks. Still came in 12th from 250 odd runners so overall a good days work

Sounds like a very god event..........and performance.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Sounds good to me. Does that mean I am 3 seconds up on you this year (regardless of course) or have you slipped in a faster one since the Phoenix? Not that I have ever been competitive.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Sounds good to me. Does that mean I am 3 seconds up on you this year (regardless of course) or have you slipped in a faster one since the Phoenix? Not that I have ever been competitive.

Relax, today was my best effort this year but I need to take advantage of you being sidelined and me having symmetrical feet. 3 seconds you say, hmmm think I might manage that if the weather is kind at Bright 10. Your only going to come back faster after your lay off so don't expect any ridiculous acts of generosity my end. And remember there's cctv all along the route

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Ran 16 miles along the South Downs Way from the long man of Wilmington to Woodingdean, first run of the year with the gloves and hat on and was pretty chilly up on the downs today when the wind got up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Paced 23 minutes at Hove Park on Saturday (24 had gone, sadly), then caught up with [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] and briefly saw [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION]. Then, proving that there is life on tarmac after Beachy Head, took to the streets of Shoreham-by-Sea last night for a brisk-ish five miles (and a bit).

Negative split-tastic, too! https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1437977621

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Relax, today was my best effort this year but I need to take advantage of you being sidelined and me having symmetrical feet. 3 seconds you say, hmmm think I might manage that if the weather is kind at Bright 10. Your only going to come back faster after your lay off so don't expect any ridiculous acts of generosity my end. And remember there's cctv all along the route

Damn I thought all 10ks had finished this year. Do you mean the Brooks 10k on the 20th? I may limp along and trip you up with my walking stick........

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Damn I thought all 10ks had finished this year. Do you mean the Brooks 10k on the 20th? I may limp along and trip you up with my walking stick........

Yes Brooks, thats the one. No more 10ks for me after that till well into 2017.
Like I said cctv along route looking out for middle aged men shuffling around the promenade looking suspicious

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
A cold 10 mile run for me yesterday morning, in a time of 1 hour 26 minutes. Pleased with that as it is something to beat.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Did the Marlets Snowdog 5k dash on Sunday morning in Hove Park. About 100 runners (mostly families and kids) but decided to run as hard as I could! It was perfect running weather and my time was 24.23 (my laptop died yesterday so cannot upload my run) but think the actual distance was just under 5k, I need to check once I can get my run breakdown from Garmin. Came in 2nd spot, one runner was way out ahead and I was hounded all the way round by one runner with his dog (who i finally passed as his dog decided to sniff out another dog and nearly pulled over his owner) and one lad of about 10 who came in just a few seconds behind me! A fun day and hopefully plenty of cash raised. Snowdog.jpg

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Did the Marlets Snowdog 5k dash on Sunday morning in Hove Park. About 100 runners (mostly families and kids) but decided to run as hard as I could! It was perfect running weather and my time was 24.23 (my laptop died yesterday so cannot upload my run) but think the actual distance was just under 5k, I need to check once I can get my run breakdown from Garmin. Came in 2nd spot, one runner was way out ahead and I was hounded all the way round by one runner with his dog (who i finally passed as his dog decided to sniff out another dog and nearly pulled over his owner) and one lad of about 10 who came in just a few seconds behind me! A fun day and hopefully plenty of cash raised. View attachment 79239

Well done! Like the use of the word 'hounded'.

9 windy, cold miles for me today.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Only 40 places left on the Mince Pie 10 - time to sign up if you want in and a CO-OP mince pie as a reward!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Yes Brooks, thats the one. No more 10ks for me after that till well into 2017.
Like I said cctv along route looking out for middle aged men shuffling around the promenade looking suspicious

The race in which I broke the 40 minute 10K barrier for the first and - although I didn't know it at the time - last time. We are talking 1989, I think (never sent for the results!) and just proving that you never know when you are going to get a lifetime best.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
The race in which I broke the 40 minute 10K barrier for the first and - although I didn't know it at the time - last time. We are talking 1989, I think (never sent for the results!) and just proving that you never know when you are going to get a lifetime best.

I hope I'm able to recall a time I went sub 40 in years to come. I'd happily take that as an lifetime pb. That's the stuff of dreams right now. Congratulations on the time....sorry I'm a bit late

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here