Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jim Davidson on Piers Morgan's Life Stories

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
In his defence, while he had many a personal issue and others issues, he did a ton of charity work, mostly for military charities back in the day. Visited those of us on patrol in the Falkland a number of times, giving up significant chunks of his time when he was at his most popular. He was / is not all bad. And absolutely no comparison to other certain charity personalities of his time.
But he didn't like to talk about it.
2bb367e6d57b08558d3c3e242d27d370.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've lived in Sheffield for over 25 years mate. I've experienced plenty of multiculturalism, good and bad. None of it's ever made me think that Jim Davidson is funny though.
It's more like 35 or 45 years ago that JD was 'big'. 25 years ago his fame was well past its zenith, so your experience of 25 years ago isn't really relevant. Once again, judging a previous era by the mores and ethics of the present day is a failure.
200 years ago people flocked to watch public executions. Quite rightly, we'd be appalled at such goings on today, but that doesn't alter the fact that 200 years ago it was considered a perfectly normal thing to do, all in all a jolly good day out (all except for the 'star' of the show, of course!)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Roy Chubby Brown still seems to have a paying fan base. Having watched some youtube stuff, he is a very good performer in terms of story telling ability and keeping it flowing, but a lot of the content was poor to me, yet those there lapped it up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's more like 35 or 45 years ago that JD was 'big'. 25 years ago his fame was well past its zenith, so your experience of 25 years ago isn't really relevant. Once again, judging a previous era by the mores and ethics of the present day is a failure.
200 years ago people flocked to watch public executions. Quite rightly, we'd be appalled at such goings on today, but that doesn't alter the fact that 200 years ago it was considered a perfectly normal thing to do, all in all a jolly good day out (all except for the 'star' of the show, of course!)
That really wasn't the point though was it. Alf was assuming that I've no experience of living in a multicultural society. Fair enough that growing up in Lewes I certainly didn't. But since then I certainly have.

I also never said that nobody found Davidson funny. Of course LOADS of people did. If we follow the logic though, it must mean that the only people who found him funny were those who were living in areas where they had bad experiences from a race point of view.

Utter crap. Lots of them were just badly educated and racist despite living in massively white suburbia.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course LOADS of people did. If we follow the logic though, it must mean that the only people who found him funny were those who were living in areas where they had bad experiences from a race point of view.
That doesn't follow any logic at all! Sorry!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
you said you were going to , yet another empty threat then

No I didn't. Read the quote again. Carefully. Anyway I am not getting drawn back into your weird,childish game. Your drug taking, threatening calls and door-stepping the wives of other members is malevolent, sinister behaviour and I don't want it anywhere near me. You're a sick individual and you're going on ignore. I will not be engaging with you again.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
No I didn't. Read the quote again. Carefully. Anyway I am not getting drawn back into your weird,childish game. Your drug taking, threatening calls and door-stepping the wives of other members is malevolent, sinister behaviour and I don't want it anywhere near me. You're a sick individual and you're going on ignore. I will not be engaging with you again.

Door stepping over members wife’s? Please explain

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Door stepping over members wife’s? Please explain

i didnt door step anybodys wife , i called on [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and his wife answered thats all , weve since had a beer together and will do again , for someone wbo doesnt wish to get involved in mg world and it isnt "his story to tell" [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] hasnt made a bad job of getting involved has he :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That really wasn't the point though was it. Alf was assuming that I've no experience of living in a multicultural society. Fair enough that growing up in Lewes I certainly didn't. But since then I certainly have.

I also never said that nobody found Davidson funny. Of course LOADS of people did. If we follow the logic though, it must mean that the only people who found him funny were those who were living in areas where they had bad experiences from a race point of view.

Utter crap. Lots of them were just badly educated and racist despite living in massively white suburbia.

youve got no experience whatsoever of YOUR hometiwn changing quite substantially around you , in sheffield your just another newcomer you quite happily judge and dismiss people without a second thought to WHY tbey might feel.as they do

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
youve got no experience whatsoever of YOUR hometiwn changing quite substantially around you , in sheffield your just another newcomer you quite happily judge and dismiss people without a second thought to WHY tbey might feel.as they do

You're making massive assumptions about me and all of them are incorrect. Sheffield is home to me and I've seen a hell of a lot of changes in the time I've been here.

But more importantly, I'm married to a woman from Sheffield and her family are all from Sheffield. Not to mention the hundreds of people who I know here who are all born and bred in South Yorkshire. So I have experience of the attitudes of generations of people who have seen the city change beyond recognition over the years. I'm not "just another newcomer" and I do not dismiss people's opinions without considering why they might feel that way.

Make whatever excuses you want for racism. It's not gonna wash with me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't think of many combinations I would want to see less than Jim Davidson and Piers Morgan. Davidson not realising that the world has moved on and Piers Morgan pretending he has the right to any moral high ground.

Possibly Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here