Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We all know we will end up with 1cm of snow in East Sussex if we are lucky but fingers crossed they are correct for once.

I think you’ll get a lot more in Willingdon than Worthing.

D

Deleted User X18H

Looks like us here in Brighton & Hove will miss out.

Shame for the kids - relief for some adults.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Different kind of snowflakes in London this morning. Floating about in the air, not settling yet.
Maybe the Snowflakes are worried about a Congestion Charge?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Big but brief shower in now sunny Essex but it laid instantly causing the number 3 to be re routed ! Good job it wasn’t the number two

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The snow is pepping up north of Crawley and into London now. Snowing lightly in Croydon and a covering plus what looks like a coastal streamer developing along the Kent and East Sussex coast

20180226_075616.jpg

I'd expect the snow to expand and develop today.

Later today the snow showers will get heavier, so overnight could be interesting.

I still think the Thursday to Friday event will end wet and less Cold, but these is still some hope for it to stay Cold, but I'd only say about 10% chance at the moment

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Been snowing about ten minutes in Eastbourne. Tiny snowflakes at first but then briefly larger and heavier. Diminishing again now but big dark clouds all around us whereas earlier it was beautiful and clear.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not a cloud in the sky over Worthing way.
Hopefully I'll be home by the time snowmageddon hits and all the transport gets cancelled.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Question for people on here. Have we ever had decent snow on a weekend? I see it's going to snow all week then rain all weekend as usual.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Snowing in Newhaven (take note Uncle Spielberg)

It's stopped now but the snowflakes that have fallen, haven't melted. It's quite pretty seeing whole snowflakes laying on top of the wheelie bin.
Blue skies at the moment, but clouds on the eastern horizon.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Genuinely crystal clear blue skies in Lewes. Strange to think it's snowing fairly heavily just a matter of single digit miles away.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Snowflakes in Crawley now

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The snow is pepping up north of Crawley and into London now. Snowing lightly in Croydon and a covering plus what looks like a coastal streamer developing along the Kent and East Sussex coast

View attachment 94511

I'd expect the snow to expand and develop today.

Later today the snow showers will get heavier, so overnight could be interesting.

I still think the Thursday to Friday event will end wet and less Cold, but these is still some hope for it to stay Cold, but I'd only say about 10% chance at the moment

I have two meetings in Birmingham tomorrow that could probably be handled by conference call. I'm guessing the conference call would be a better idea than attempting to travel there and back!?

BBC are predicting SNOWMAGEDDON on Thursday. Interesting that so many on this thread usually predict the opposite of what they're saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here