Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgusted with the lack of communication and service - Seagulls Player.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Please just cancel.

And that means almost NO albion coverage for people like me who live abroad. Get to the Premier League and I will drop it straight away. I've spent enough on this shit service over the years to not be bothered about watching streams and MOTD and not seeing my money go to the club.

As it is. I have no choice.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Amazed the Fl extended the contract, would imagine a whole load of clubs are trying to get out the deal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Amazed the Fl extended the contract, would imagine a whole load of clubs are trying to get out the deal.

It might not affect other clubs as much as us , Paul Barber said last season that we were one of the clubs with the most customers subscribing to Player. It wouldn't surprise me if some League 2 clubs only had a couple of hundred subscribers at most.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It might not affect other clubs as much as us , Paul Barber said last season that we were one of the clubs with the most customers subscribing to Player. It wouldn't surprise me if some League 2 clubs only had a couple of hundred subscribers at most.

and there is the crux of the matter, who is looking after the paying people who subscribe to player, we had a little spat a few months ago, where PB stamped his feet ....but that seems to be forgotten now.
they "perform" (which I might add they don't) put it right for a short while and now its like there are so many want the service its our fault because we all want to use it at the same time.
this is the problem our fans live or work abroad or away from the area they pay for the service and somehow because it does not work properly its their fault because there are some many of them.
its what used to be called taking the **** or money for old rope, profess to give a service ...then don't
PB you are the fox ...get in amongst the chickens please

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But if they are getting a poor service as well is that limiting more subscribing to the service? It's not just the player part the website templates are bloody nasty

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I am another former subscriber, knocked it on the head last season and rely on Twitter and soccer Saturday instead. But would be quite happy to pay for an adequate service.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'll echo all the other comments here, terrible standard of service. The "quality" of the match highlights is especially ridiculous for a paid service, given what you can get through YouTube.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Are you serious?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was there someone who used to broadcast the commentary from their house onto the net a few seasons ago?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just cancelled.

Amusing that it only gives ONE reason why you've cancelled...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Was there someone who used to broadcast the commentary from their house onto the net a few seasons ago?
Yes. That person was a star. Unfortunately he had a horrible accident iirc and died. I used to listen from the link on NSC when I lived in Liverpool. That was before the current setup ruined things.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just cancelled.

Amusing that it only gives ONE reason why you've cancelled...

I'm cancelling when mine is up next month.

Really disappointed that earlier in the year the club were making all the right noises ... Perform contract up in the summer, every inference that we would at last get a decent service. My real angst is the quality of highlights which could be better from a decent phone!

The club either feeding us inaccurate info and/or not doing a thing to try and improve things (and telling us what and when etc) is the biggest disappointment to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm cancelling when mine is up next month.

Really disappointed that earlier in the year the club were making all the right noises ... Perform contract up in the summer, every inference that we would at last get a decent service. My real angst is the quality of highlights which could be better from a decent phone!

The club either feeding us inaccurate info and/or not doing a thing to try and improve things (and telling us what and when etc) is the biggest disappointment to me.

Has the FL league deal been extended then?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Here is a copy of the email sent by Paul Barber to FL
CEO Shaun Harvey, earlier today:

Hi Shaun

I hope you're well and the season has got off to a good start from the League's perspective.

Please see below.

I know you are well aware of the issues we are all (still) having with various aspects of the FLi services.

We really do need a plan to resolve the problems and, very importantly, we need a better response to clubs.

We are damaging our respective brands and getting hammered by our own supporters on a regular basis.

Russell has been very helpful and supportive but this is still taking up too much supporter services time.

Please can we add to the next commercial committee agenda and look to establish a clear plan of action?

Thanks and kind regards, Paul

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
This is the "below" PB refers to above. Email I sent to FLi.

Hi Russell
Thanks for your efforts via Sapient Nitro re lack of audio commentary of yesterday's game, but unfortunately it was a 90-minute blackout, leading to a lot of complaints, via social media, message boards and email - including direct to our chairman and CEO - and I'm sure FLi, Sapient and Perform (unfairly in this instance) will be receiving the same.
There seemed to be no urgency to rectify the issue... And we were left hanging without really knowing what could be done...
Obviously, it is hugely frustrating for our fans (and us) and very disappointing that once again the club's good name is being sullied. Was this a FL wide issue? I can forward you some of the complaints, but I am sure you get the gist, as most fans see this as a service being provided by the club.
A few bits from our end:
1. What is the plan to rectify this problem? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was on the agenda this summer?
2. Tribehive [Sussex Uni team behind the new Albion App] are able to add this to the new app. But the guys are waiting on an API from Perform. Could you sanction/chase this up...? Which would alleviate the issue as above.
Cheers
Paul

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
In addition we've also raised improving the quality (especially when compared with YouTube of video on Player) of videos and I will also mention the issue of lack of warning re renewal. We are also pushing FLi to offer live streaming as this would allow us to recommence U21 live coverage. (Currently rights of U21 TV deal prohibits broadcast via YouTube).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Has the FL league deal been extended then?

See stuff from Insider ... I guess the FL went ahead and renewed without even thinking about it! What a crying shame that such an opportunity appears to have been missed

In addition we've also raised improving the quality (especially when compared with YouTube of video on Player) of videos and I will also mention the issue of lack of warning re renewal. We are also pushing FLi to offer live streaming as this would allow us to recommence U21 live coverage. (Currently rights of U21 TV deal prohibits broadcast via YouTube).

Thank you for sharing this, and the other two. I have just cancelled my subscription this afternoon, not in the hope that it might provoke any action just that I can't watch that **** anymore

It's good that you've come out and given us some visibility. I really hope the club can be a bit more transparent with all fans about some of the day to day things that impact. and that "all insiders" know are important to us (not commercially sensitive, or football matters that shouldn't be shared etc)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You might like to get them to change their website templates which are an abomination. Do those people actually test them on different platforms? Like it or not, there are more Android users than Apple but on Android the club's website is, frankly, sh... er crap. It is horrible to look at, too busy and unuseable. It isn't any better on Windows devices. Does anybody at The Albion use the club's website? The one us supporters have to put up with?

As for the sub standard videos-why on earth are they still using Flash? Not supported by Apple or Android which accounts for the majority of mobile devices so it makes sense to keep using an obsolete format?

A couple of foot stampy type emails will do no good-PB (or somebody else) needs to get other clubs involved and then kick Perform, PLi and their cronies into touch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You might like to get them to change their website templates which are an abomination. Do those people actually test them on different platforms? Like it or not, there are more Android users than Apple but on Android the club's website is, frankly, sh... er crap. It is horrible to look at, too busy and unuseable. It isn't any better on Windows devices. Does anybody at The Albion use the club's website? The one us supporters have to put up with?

As for the sub standard videos-why on earth are they still using Flash? Not supported by Apple or Android which accounts for the majority of mobile devices so it makes sense to keep using an obsolete format?

A couple of foot stampy type emails will do no good-PB (or somebody else) needs to get other clubs involved and then kick Perform, PLi and their cronies into touch.

The company which makes the App and the website are a joke. Someone pointed out you could walk into the street in Brighton a within minutes find a kid who could do better; so true. I can only presume the suits at the FL are fuddy-duddies with no computer literacy. Otherwise they'd have laughed these dated clowns out of town years ago.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The issue with the mobile site lies with the inadequacies of the website. We undertook work (using our own agency as we were frustrated using the template) but unfortunately it doesn't work on the mobile site or Albion App. Our digital agency knows how to solve the problem, but is awaiting information from Sapient Nitro (the FL's chosen third party supplier) before we can move forward. Once they have that, then they can create mobile responsive versions of the graphics of those seen in these pages:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/hyypias-high-praise-for-dunk-1886606.aspx
HEADER AD, LATEST NEWS & UPCOMING FIXTURES

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/report-swindon-2-albion-4-1877049.aspx
HEADER SCORE, TEAM LIST

Once that is done it will appear correctly in the mobile site and on the Albion App (it isn't the fault of the app developers, it's the content it is pulling in isn't mobile responsive).

Equally, Tribehive (our app developers) are also awaiting API info from Perform before they can intergrate Player into the app, and solve the issue of the commentaries not going live before the data feed goes live (which comes from PA, via Sapient Nitro).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here