Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are some idiots on here who don't like him because he didn't wave or something really minor 25 years ago.

That was Glen Murray.

Nathan was at Yeovil and fell over clutching his face to get Joe Ayinsah sent off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Didn’t he also get one of our players sent Off down at Yeovil with some play acting
I was at the game and the player was on loan to us at the time
Yeah the first incident was giving it the big 'un after scoring against us, which was a bit odd as he'd had a cheer from us when his name was announced. Then play acted to get Ayinsah sent off.

Still, water under the bridge. He did well for us as a head coach and was slightly above average as a player (his "trick" gives him an extra mark).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Would love to see him back at the Amex one day. Intelligent man, well qualified, speaks several languages. he will definitely rise up the league pyramid, either with Luton or other clubs. Can see bigger clubs being interested later this season.

I think he is nailed on as houghton's successor, not that I wish that to happen anytime soon.

He left on amicable terms, safe in the knowledge he would and will return.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think he is nailed on as houghton's successor, not that I wish that to happen anytime soon.

He left on amicable terms, safe in the knowledge he would and will return.

Bit of a stretch to say he's nailed on. He's had a good 18 months at Luton with an impressive 49% win ratio. But managing a pub team in the noddy leagues is vastly different to the challenges he'd be facing managing at the level we are residing. Wouldn't rule him out, and perhaps his name would be mentioned when the job at BHA eventually becomes available, but there's so much that could happen between now and then that its impossible to say whether he'd even be in the running.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There are some idiots on here who don't like him because he didn't wave or something really minor 25 years ago.

It wasn't that he didn't wave (see the other posts), but yeah, put me down as one of those idiots. Went right off him after that, and whilst I don't wish him any ill will (as he came back and did a good job), I can't join in the general love-in.

I hope he's never our manager, mainly because I want CH to be here until long after I'm dead.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Time to move on in life rather than hold silly grudges. Things like that are so small compared to things that really effect your life with illness and worst issues.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Time to move on in life rather than hold silly grudges. Things like that are so small compared to things that really effect your life with illness and worst issues.

Oh, sure - but that's football for you. Having pantomime villains (that you dislike for ultimately trivial matters) and booing them is all part of it. Some people hated Glenn Murray when he went to Palace, some people didn't like Steve Coppel because he came from Palace. And who can forget Scott McGleish?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bit of a stretch to say he's nailed on. He's had a good 18 months at Luton with an impressive 49% win ratio. But managing a pub team in the noddy leagues is vastly different to the challenges he'd be facing managing at the level we are residing. Wouldn't rule him out, and perhaps his name would be mentioned when the job at BHA eventually becomes available, but there's so much that could happen between now and then that its impossible to say whether he'd even be in the running.

I agree to be honest, I am thinking so much further down the line

D

Deleted member 2719

Doing a fantastic job at Luton, top of the league and rattling goals in for fun. Even did a good job in his 2 game cameo for us. I think he will become a very successful manager.

A nice away win for NJ and sitting nicely on top.:clap2::clap2:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I remember a sunny Saturday evening in early September 2000 just after we played Torquay. I 'd come down to Brighton that day to see friends so hadn't been to the game, but walking past a pub saw some Brighton fans and asked one of them what the score was. 6-2 he said, and then his mate goes, 'yeah, and he scored two of the goals and was man of the match'! And that was the first and last time I met Nathan Jones :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here