Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Work permit would still need to be granted so doubt it would be announced today or it could backfire!

The club could announce the deal subject to a work permit if they are confident he'll get one.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yep, that makes perfect sense.

If this comes off that's some great business this week.

Get Ulloa in, got to be worth it shouldn't cost too much. The we get really greedy and shell out large on our true no 9 target (another big man but with some pace). Then recoup a bit and sell Hemed.

Job done.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The guy who has reported this is usually spot regarding Belgian transfers to the PL. From the picture and the detail provided in the article it seems as though the fee and personal terms have been agreed, assuming the medical goes well the only stumbling block could be the work permit.

Anyone know the likelihood of him NOT gaining one and the typical timescale it would take to get it sorted?

The only relevant precedent is Ndidi who arrived from Belgium, he was given a permit after appeal I believe.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The club could announce the deal subject to a work permit if they are confident he'll get one.

True but I doubt they can be 100% confident. Ndidi deal took a while to complete for Leicester, allegedly.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The only relevant precedent is Ndidi who arrived from Belgium, he was given a permit after appeal I believe.

On Football Manager, if not 75% played in their international team what happens is they fail the initial application and then win the appeal if the money involved is big enough. I think 16 mill is certainly big enough.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
True but I doubt they can be 100% confident. Ndidi deal took a while to complete for Leicester, allegedly.

Just had a quick google and the Ndidi transfer was officially announced on the 3rd of January and the work permit was granted on the 6th. But the Guardian had been reporting as a done deal as early as the 13th of December so presumably the work permit process took a while...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
On Football Manager, if not 75% played in their international team what happens is they fail the initial application and then win the appeal if the money involved is big enough. I think 16 mill is certainly big enough.

The thing that is pertinent is that from this summer he has started to be included in Columbian squads. The club wouldn't be getting involved in a deal of this size if they wasn't absolutely certain he will be granted a permit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The thing that is pertinent is that from this summer he has started to be included in Columbian squads. The club wouldn't be getting involved in a deal of this size if they wasn't absolutely certain he will be granted a permit.

Indeed. Lawyers will have been all over this in advance.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Just had a quick google and the Ndidi transfer was officially announced on the 3rd of January and the work permit was granted on the 6th. But the Guardian had been reporting as a done deal as early as the 13th of December so presumably the work permit process took a while...

Exactly, lets hope we can get this over the line.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Crazy to think that if we take the fee for this deal (assuming it goes through, of course) as somewhere around £15 million, we'll have increased our transfer record roughly 5-fold since May, when it was about £3 million for CMS.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Less than ten years ago we were signing Kevin McLeod on a free transfer. Now we're signing a Columbian international for up to £16m and breaking our transfer record for the third time in less than two months.

What a time to be alive.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think [MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] will be quite pleased with this - he's mentioned Izquierdo on a couple of occasions recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here