Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Derby

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Where DO you start? An exceptional performance. For me I enjoyed seeing Rosenior back to his best, such a dynamic team player.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Derby were outplayed in every position. Were we good or were they bad? IMO a bit of both, they did not have the spirit that other Derby teams seem to have had. Hughes came on and showed he could be a good player BUT we really did one on him, Kayal, Rosenior and Skalak all making their presence felt and giving him no time on the ball and that to me was the story of the game we played like we desperately wanted to win, first to the ball and picking up the seconds. Less flair but much more workman like and cohesive.

The most pleasing part was how we brought in four players who have not figured much/at all and they played brilliantly. Skalak gives a bit of hardness to our team that neither Solly or Murphy can and that does tighten up thye midfield and of course his crossing was a bonus.

So from WSU where 6 is average

Stockdale 7.5 had little to do but his kicking was good tonight
Bruno 8
Rosenoir 8
Dunk 9 still an immense contribution
Uwe 9
Knockaert 8.5 his goal settled us down..
Stephens 8
Kayal 9 MoM - back to his best
Skalak 8.5- lots of excellent work
Baldock 8 needed to be greedy rather than pass to Hemed
Murray 8 won every ball in teh air and put pressure on Derby back 4. his tackle on halfway line was brilliant

Tomori 7 only on basis he did not have a lot to do
Hemed 6
March 7

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not often most of NSC agrees everyone had a good to excellent game but this was def one. Just fantastic from all of them. Superb.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Stockdale 7
Bruno 8.5
Dunk 7.5
Hunemeier 8
Rosenior 8.5
Knockaert 9
Stephens 8
Skalak 8
Kayal 9
Murray 9
Baldock 7.5

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Stockdale 7. Had little to do - I loved that he didn't touch the ball before we had scored!
Bruno 8
Rosenoir 8 - great to see him back
Dunk 8.5
Uwe 9 - Gets a higher rating for Dunk for that wonderful ball that he put in to their box in the first half - I think it forced Carson in to a save?
Knockaert 9 - An utter menace, it looked like he miscontrolled the ball before his goal - replays showed that he didn't even look up!
Stephens 8
Kayal 9 MoM - my favourite player and looked to be back to his old self.
Skalak 8
Baldock 8.5 - did lots of good work, took his goal well. Confident.
Murray 8 won lots of balls in the air - as Warren Apspinsorl says "let the opposition know you're there" - he did that well. It might have been a scrappy goal but he was in the right place at the right time.

Hughton - 10

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Wonderful to watch our team playing as brilliantly as they did last night. Sublime! And good to see us playing so high up the pitch. We never gave Derby any time on the ball for much of the game.

Stockdale 7. Not a lot to do. Kicking was very good ... apart from one effort into touch.
Bruno 8. Very good. Hope the injury isn't too serious.
Dunk 8. Another excellent performance ... and no yellow card. Mind you he'd probably have had to push that ref over to get a yellow.
Hunemeir 8. Slotted in seamlessly. Well done Uwe after so long on the sidelines.
Rosenior 9. Wow, just wow. After so long out he's back at his very best. What a player. One time when he put the ball into touch you realised the benefit of a left footed player in that role, but potentially he'll make a hell of a right back replacement for Bruno when he finally steps down.
Kayal 8. So good to see him back.
Stephens 7. Weakest of the midfielders. Not that he had a bad game, but fannied around a few times in dangerous positions when he should have cleared the ball upfield.
Knockaert 8. Cracking goal to set us on our way, Couple of poor decisions again, but a great performance overall.
Skalak 8. Best I've seen from him ... and after a longish spell on the sidelines. Great set pieces.
Murray 8. Won everything in the air and ran his socks off.
Baldock 8. All over the pitch and a great goal.

Subs:
Tomori 8. Did very well. The kid's very good.
Hemed 7. Didn't see a lot of the ball.
March 7. Ditto

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Stockdale 7. But only because it feels churlish to give 6 based on the fact he had nothing to do
Bruno 7.5. A standard Bruno performance
Hunemeier 8. He's a German a mighty German! Excellent performance. Really pleased for him.
Dunk 8. Imperious. And no card! This game was one of the nailed on yellows for me. Hope he can keep it up.
Rosenior 9. Exceptional. I fell slightly guilty that I had forgotten what a great player he is.
Knockaert. 8.5. Great goal and plenty of effort.. To think I thought he needed a rest! :face palm:
Stephens 8.5. The partnership is back! And looking every bit as good as it ever did.
Kayal. 8.5. Wasn't expecting that. As above. These two will be first choice for the run in now surely?
Skalak 9 MOM. He was ****ing brilliant. Glad to see he still has it in him. His dead ball delivery is incredible. All over them without the ball.
Baldock 8. Nice composure for the goal.
Murray 8.5. Immense. Won everything in the air. Gave them a hell of a time. Deserved the ricochet for his goal.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Stockdale 8
Bruno 9
Rosenoir 9
Dunk 9
Uwe 9
Knockaert 9
Stephens 8
Kayal 9
Skalak 9 - MoM - back to his best
Baldock 8
Murray 8

Tomori 8
Hemed 7
March 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than giving Stockdale an N/A, I'd go with these.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale 7 - Arguably should be less as he had nothing to do but seems wrong to give a player a low mark for that. Great kicking but not one save to make
Bruno 8 - Very solid. Got forward well too and linked with Knockaert. Hope he will be okay to start next Saturday
Dunk 8.5 - Took the extra responsibility, with Duffy being out, in his stride. Won most balls in the air and I don't remember him committing a foul all night so another game without a booking. One small error in letting Bent goal side for his header but did enough to put him off in the end
Huhnemeier 8.5 - Looks a different player to the one who struggled at Brentford last month. Reads the game very well and good passing. Great to see him back after his bad luck with injuries, and just when we need him most
Rosenior 9 - Another player returning just when we need him. Kept the dangerous Ince quiet and got forward well, including a fantastic run past both Ince and Christie. What a player!
Knockaert 9 - Started us off in the right manner with a brilliant goal and caused Derby problems all night. Also worked hard to cover defensively, something Derby's winger didn't bother with
Stephens 9 - Great performance. Part of a dominant midfield pairing. They were so on top in the first half that Derby had to change tactics at half time, didn't do them much good though.
Kayal 9.5 - Just shades man of the match. Back to his best. Great defensively and dangerous going forward. Great ball to Baldock to start the move for the second goal.
Skalak 8.5 - Worked hard defensively and put some great crosses in. Looks like he's got his confidence back after a dip in form
Baldock 8.5 - Very mobile and caused the Derby defence problems. Took his goal well but might have had more goals on another night
Murray 9 - Tormented the Derby defence, won everything in the air unless fouled and thoroughly deserved his goal. One of the best centre forward performances you'll see although admittedly against a poor Derby defence.

Subs:

Tomori 7.5 - Looked confident when he came on. Hopefully he'll do okay at Leeds if needed from the start/off the bench.
Hemed N/a
March N/a

Hughton 10 - Got tactics spot on and we dominated as a result.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale -7- had very little to do
Bruno -8- kept Vydra quiet . Took me about 40 minutes to notice Vydra was playing
Dunk -9- stepped up without Duffy there
Hunemeier - 8- had Bent in his pocket all night
Rosenior -9- good defensively , few tricks and one amazing run where he took on about 4 players
Knockaert -7- scored the early goal to get us on our way . Never stopped running
Kayal -8- was in amongst it all evening winning the ball back
Stephens -7- composed performance
Skalak - 8- set pieces were excellent and closed down their defence well
Murray -8- great target man performance . Won headers and held the play up well
Baldock -8- never stopped running . Could have had a couple of more goals

Hughton -10- he is a master tactician . Knew had to null any threat from Derby by making them play it long which always seemed to go out of play

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Brilliant team performance last night. Hunemier slotted in seamlessly, Kayal back to his very best and Rosenior reminding everyone what a top quality player he is. If we play like that and demonstrate that level of confidence, i still believe we can pip Newcastle to the title.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
VERY unfortunately I wasn't able to be at the match last night but saw most of it on a stream but couldn't listen to commentary
I have been wondering who was the MOM - all of them ?

Skalak for the sponsors, Knocky for Sky. Could easily have been Uwe, Dunk, Rosenior, Kayal, Baldock or Murray and I wouldn't have complained.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
VERY unfortunately I wasn't able to be at the match last night but saw most of it on a stream but couldn't listen to commentary
I have been wondering who was the MOM - all of them ?

My mate and I always discuss man of the match with about ten minutes to go. We decided that it was pretty muvh impossible to pick one as it was just an incredible team performance. this was in stark contrast to Derby's team of individuals. Lots of big names but the only one I would take on last nights evidence is Christie.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Skalak for the sponsors, Knocky for Sky. Could easily have been Uwe, Dunk, Rosenior, Kayal, Baldock or Murray and I wouldn't have complained.

Incredible that Skalak, Rosenior, Kayal and Uwe are quite rightly in that list, given all of them have been out of the side for ages and they all played on Tuesday. Have they all been st a Russian Athletics training camp? Rosenior looked a world beater and Skalak seems to have acquired pace.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7 nothing to do
Rosenior 8 Very good and enjoyed it when he outpaced Ince and also his amazing dribble
Dunk 8 Very good
Hunemier 9 Outstanding
Bruno 8 Very good
Skalak 8 best i have seen him play
Stevens 8 Very good
Baldock 7 Took goal well so marked up. However must have had at least 4 other chances that he didnt even hit target.
Murray 7 Goal and outstanding in air from long balls. Worked harder then usual but not good on ground
Knockhaert 8 Very good

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry missed out Kayal 9 Outstanding Just what we need in run in. On basis should always play best pllayers even if winning should have been back before
Stockdale 7 nothing to do
Rosenior 8 Very good and enjoyed it when he outpaced Ince and also his amazing dribble
Dunk 8 Very good
Hunemier 9 Outstanding
Bruno 8 Very good
Skalak 8 best i have seen him play
Stevens 8 Very good
Baldock 7 Took goal well so marked up. However must have had at least 4 other chances that he didnt even hit target.
Murray 7 Goal and outstanding in air from long balls. Worked harder then usual but not good on ground
Knockhaert 8 Very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here