Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] League Cup 2nd Round Draw

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
“What's not to like?“

We have little chance of winning it , that I don’t like!

I had hopes of this competition for cup success... Oh well.......

What? Do you think the only way we'll get cup success is by playing League 2 sides every round? Saints at home with them playing a B-side is eminently winnable, more so than a League 1 or lower-championship side playing a first XI I'd wager

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obviously as we win this trophy every other year we have the remotest **** of a clue about what the actual **** we are actually talking about.

Apart from the fact that if we rest first team players they won't play and threfore have less chance of breaking a meta **'****** on the upturned three pin on the bedroom floor. I'll never forget that.

FFS

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
“What's not to like?“

We have little chance of winning it , that I don’t like!

I had hopes of this competition for cup success... Oh well.......

We've only got past the 4th Round once since the competition started in 1960-61.

Still, it could've been much worse. Southampton away. Or South Wales.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cup success will be hard to come by if we can't beat Southampton at home, no?

You make it sound as if we are playing ateam from a lower division. Southampton will be stronger this season, and will think they have a good chance of winning this too.

A lot will depend on the teams both sides decide to field.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When are the TV picks announced? Wimbledon v West Ham has got to be nailed on to be one of them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think you mean 70-75%. £10-£15 a ticket would do me nicely thank you very much. £18 is about my max.

The club isn't a charity, it's two elite level clubs playing each other in one of our two biggest domestic cups. £25/£20 I think is a fair price and reduce concessions to £10.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its the only all Premier League tie, and Sky always convince themselves that its a "derby" so I'll be mildly surprised if it isn't one of the TV picks, especially as none of the big clubs are involved yet. Whether I watch it at the Amex or from a barstool will probably depend on the pricing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The club isn't a charity, it's two elite level clubs playing each other in one of our two biggest domestic cups. £25/£20 I think is a fair price and reduce concessions to £10.

Really? Two elite level clubs won't be playing two elite level teams. It will be, as in previous years, a reserve team fixture. How much do we charge for U23 game?

SAC

May 21, 2014

It may not be a charity but needs to be realistic with the pricing too. £5 for kids and £10 for adults would be about right for essentially a reserve game (hardly two elite clubs) and would hopefully attract a lot of kids who don't often get the chance to purchase tickets.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Its the only all Premier League tie, and Sky always convince themselves that its a "derby" so I'll be mildly surprised if it isn't one of the TV picks, especially as none of the big clubs are involved yet. Whether I watch it at the Amex or from a barstool will probably depend on the pricing.

Hope Sky do grab it as I'll be in Greece!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
decent enough game for the squad .

If its £20 or less then will attend .

Anymore and will be watching at home.

£15 would be sensible and a good gesture to fans.

Fully expecting £25

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hope Sky do grab it as I'll be in Greece!

I hope they do as well. I quite like watching us on TV in games I can barely give a stuff about. The complete absence of nerve-shredding tension can actually be quite cathartic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here