Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Overheard at the Amex 2017

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
I'm sure it will be beaten over the course of the season but an early favourite overheard comment in the North Stand on Saturday

[City free kick, 25 yards out]

"I hope De Bruyne takes it, he's f*****g useless"

...in fairness he did put it into the wall and i've always thought he was a touch overrated myself, but it still shows how far we have come.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Opened this thread really nervous and trying to remember what stupid things I'd said during the City match.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not at the Amex but BHA related so i think it counts.

Was at Tunbridge Wells Beckenham couple of weeks back and was stood by a group of lads in their early 30s I'd guess.

Lad1: Prem starts again next week doesn't it?
Lad2: Yeah, my mum and dad have tickets for the Brighton Man City game.
Lad1: Oh wow, bet they were hard to get?
Lad2: Well my Dad has a season ticket with his mate and his mate is on holiday so he's taking my mum.
Lad3: Felt sorry for Brighton not winning the league last year but they really ****ed it up in the end
Lad2: Yeah, but it doesn't really matter going up was all that really mattered.
Lad3: But they missed out on £150m not winning the league.
Lad2: No they'll still get the money from the TV money
Lad3: Yeah but they would have got another £150m for winning the league

:ffsparr:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not overheard at The Amex but a bit of a theme developing - speaking to Prem team followers at work this week, all seem incredibly impressed with The Amex. I think the BT coverage (drones etc) showed it at its best. A few things occur to me:

- if you're outside the Prem, you're invisible to a huge number of football fans
- The Amex really is a stand out stadium, not just a good stab (one of my colleagues said he was expecting us to be playing at a ground like Yeovil's)
- our stadium impresses people every time they see it for the first time (apart from a few idiot fans from smaller clubs who claim it's identikit, etc etc)

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

Was at Tunbridge Wells Beckenham couple of weeks back and was stood by a group of lads in their early 30s I'd guess.

Lad2: Well my Dad has a season ticket with his mate and his mate is on holiday so he's taking my mum.
Lad3: Felt sorry for Brighton not winning the league last year but they really ****ed it up in the end

That'll probably be true in about 3 years.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
From the total idiot that sits behind me in the 1901: (Regarding Davy Propper)

'I f*****g hope we got a credit note from Ajax (Thought it was PSV?), as he is a useless dutch C**T'

That's one of his better comments. In the past 6 seasons he has has a hate figure and think if I right it was:

Bridcutt
Barnes
Barnes
Stockdale
Stockdale

I feel for poor Davy as think he has found his hate figure for this year

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

I've seen Huddersfield fans on Twitter claiming that they got an extra £100 million more than us and Toon for going up via the play-offs :ffsparr:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I've seen Huddersfield fans on Twitter claiming that they got an extra £100 million more than us and Toon for going up via the play-offs :ffsparr:

Not sure about the actual amount, but you do get more for going up that way. You get 3 TV games, share of the gate receipts and I am guessing sell some extra club related stuff to people for the trip to Wembley.

Not sure about the actual amount, but you do get more for going up that way. You get 3 TV games, share of the gate receipts and I am guessing sell some extra club related stuff to people for the trip to Wembley.

Gate receipts for the final are always given in full to the losing team by the winning team.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I thought the money all went into a pot so the three teams that didn't go up got it and not the team that got promoted. Might be totally wrong though.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The row of 8 seats behind me that have been empty apart from the odd game here and there for the last 6 seasons was unsurprisingly full for the man city game.

10 mins in to the first half, well spoken gent behind me, "the premier league Isn't very entertaining"

10 MINUTES IN 😆

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I sit around the centre of the ESU and there's two people behind me, a lad and his Dad. His Dad reminds me of the Arsenal fan off the fast show and his Son is just moronic.

Couple of classics from Saturday:

Stockdale, glad he's dropped, he did nothing last season
Dunk's not up to this level, and,
At around 46-48 minutes, I think we can hold on to this (FFS anyone watching that game knew it was bloody when we conceded not if)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Lad2: Well my Dad has a season ticket with his mate and his mate is on holiday so he's taking my mum

Illegal transfer of a non transferable ticket.

And er "your mum".

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Illegal transfer of a non transferable ticket.

And er "your mum".

Shit! You are correct, hadn't thought of that. I should have made a citizen arrest and rung Paul Barber straight away.

Lets just hope and pray IDs were checked at the turnstile and she was turned away.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure it will be beaten over the course of the season but an early favourite overheard comment in the North Stand on Saturday

[City free kick, 25 yards out]

"I hope De Bruyne takes it, he's f*****g useless"

...in fairness he did put it into the wall and i've always thought he was a touch overrated myself, but it still shows how far we have come.

"Jesus, you f*cking tw*t!"

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Shit! You are correct, hadn't thought of that. I should have made a citizen arrest and rung Paul Barber straight away.

Lets just hope and pray IDs were checked at the turnstile and she was turned away.

Just yell for a policeman next time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A nicely-spoken bloke collared me just off the Lewes Road after the game on Saturday. Conversation went like this:

Him: 'I'm from Brighton, right, but don't really follow football much. What was the score today?"
Me: "Got beat 2-0. Did well to hold them to 0-0 for 70 minutes"
Him: "Ah, right. Then it went to extra time yeah?"
Me: "Um, no, they scored two goals in the last 20 minutes"
Him: "Ah, right. Who were we playing again?"
Me: "Man City"
Him: "Ah, right. With all their money. How are we doing in the league again?"
Me: "Bit hard to say really, first game of the season"
Him: "Ah, right"

We went our seperate ways. Sake! :facepalm:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A personal favourite of mine is the guy behind me who always complains about Stephens passing backwards. In an of itself, it's not an issue, except that most of the time backwards is literally the only option or it isn't even a backwards pass... The guy is a fool

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here