Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Dean Again!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I just can't understand that if you have ANY doubt you can not give it, so he was CERTAIN it was a pen. What a tosser.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Given that Dean is going to be 49 years old shortly after the end of this season, I would imagine there is a strong chance this will be his last season officiating in any event.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Why did the linesman not indicate it was outside the box, he was in line with the incident and didn't flag for a penalty, he knew it wasn't, why didn't he tell Dean?

coz Dean wouldn't listen anyhow, guess the other officials just think 'why waste my breath'

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least they may want to now keep him away from our televised game at Huddersfield. Hopefully.

Useless refs are PERFECT for TV executives as they provide ample talking points for the pundits.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Useless refs are PERFECT for TV executives as they provide ample talking points for the pundits.
I meant that the FA/FL may want to keep him out of the limelight for a while, but that's a good point about the TV chiefs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he has overtaken Ron Challis as the most corrupt/incompetent ref I have ever seen in charge of an Albion game. Makes my blood boil every time I hear his name!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone can make a mistake but what I've just seen him do on the Channel 5 highlights is disgraceful.

The Barnsley defender complains at his utterly shithouse decision and Dean points at the lino implying he made the call. Then you see the replay and the lino actually had kept his flag down while Dean was FORTY YARDS behind play and wrongly blowing his whistle.

This nob should be reffing nothing games. He should be learning how to ref properly at the Abbey Stadium or Fratton Park, the useless tosser.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just seen his penalty given for Leeds today. Absolutely crazy decision and from how far away he was I can't believe he could be sure it was a pen.

Saying that the penalty given for Villa today was a crime too and what was worse there was that the ref even went to check with his assistant who couldn't see the clean tackle despite an unrestricted view from 20 yards away. With all of the money in football I don't understand how all professional leagues don't have dedicated professional referee's

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Because even his assistants can't bear to speak to him.

I bet he did, but The Complete And Utter Shyster is such an arrogant **** he more than likely thought the lino was wrong and decided to go with his own view.

coz Dean wouldn't listen anyhow, guess the other officials just think 'why waste my breath'

I once met a referee at a non football do, he was more used to running the line, and had done so
in all four divisions. We talked about a number of things, mostly they are decent chaps, but he did say that there are some refs that simply tell the linos in the pre match that they, the ref, have 100% of the decision making, and the the linos are there to flag offside, goal kicks and throw-ins only, they were told not to flag fouls as the ref was in charge. Knobends.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I once met a referee at a non football do, he was more used to running the line, and had done so
in all four divisions. We talked about a number of things, mostly they are decent chaps, but he did say that there are some refs that simply tell the linos in the pre match that they, the ref, have 100% of the decision making, and the the linos are there to flag offside, goal kicks and throw-ins only, they were told not to flag fouls as the ref was in charge. Knobends.
I do lineman job every week for my youngest son's team u15s.. a few refs have said before the game just do ins and outs... throwings basically. and even said don't bother with offsides or fouls. tbf I very rarely bother with fouls anyway. but offside I keep up with play much more than all the refs as am in line with our last defender.. seriously what is it? they scared to death I might cheat. I know a few do cheat but majority don't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the Leeds game the handball was obvioius but the ref should have gione to the assistant and asked if it was in or out of the area as he was directly in line as opposed to the ref being 40yds away due to a long clearance from rthe Leeds defence.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I think he has overtaken Ron Challis as the most corrupt/incompetent ref I have ever seen in charge of an Albion game. Makes my blood boil every time I hear his name!

I was there that night at Stamford Bridge.

The shyster is The pope compared to the mõst incompetent cheating bastrrd EVER, Wanky Ron Challis.

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish:punish::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here