Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Jan 28

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If we're both in the FA cup 4th round and the rearranged date will be on telly, then with FA cup replays and the CL, the earliest date I can see free is the 28th March.

Of course, if Sky are allowed to go up against the FA cup, and providing either of us aren't involved, it could be the week of the 5th round FA cup replays (28th Feb/1st March).

Yes, I'm bored...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sky have already chosen their live matches for this period, and this is not one of them.

BUT

This is FA Cup 4th round weekend, and the chances of both us and Newcastle going out on Rd 3 are quite low.

Therefore, it's likely to be moved, but not by SKY.

We had this before. Guesst he rearranged date? http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...a-telly-game&p=7655801&viewfull=1#post7655801 It might even be on the Tuesday 24 January 2016 before the scheduled date?

Yoda

English & European
If SKY want to televise it they will decide when it's played!

They would only be able to move it to a Monday or Friday from a midweek fixture due to UEFA rules on live match broadcasts on Champions League/Europe League match days.

That would obviously have an impact on Saturday fixtures and surrounding mid week fixtures (if we have any).

All this would firstly depend on what date the two clubs and the FL decide on to begin with and if there is enough time for the rearranging of other matches to then cater for Sky.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You say that, but i'm sure i read somewhere that many moons ago we actually forgot? Meaning we had to go through the qualifiers!

Or did i just make that up? ???

Brighton forgot to apply for exemption from qualifying for the FA Cup in 1932/33. Starting in qualifying, (beating Shoreham 12-0 in 1Q) they reached the fifth round before being eliminated by West Ham after a replay

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely this.

Assuming one of us is still in the FA Cup, the game will be moved so it conveniently becomes part of the RUN-IN

Sky will therefore be CREAMING themselves
Assuming both teams maintain their current form.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So on the off chance we both get knocked out in 3rd round, can SKY still rearrange it with 3 weeks notice?
They can. And possibly will. Or maybe not in the end.

The wise won't book anything in advance that can't be cancelled and refunded.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sky moved a Middleboro match at very short notice at the end of last season.
Small print of contract allowed them to make decision outside of normal time scales.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brighton forgot to apply for exemption from qualifying for the FA Cup in 1932/33. Starting in qualifying, (beating Shoreham 12-0 in 1Q) they reached the fifth round before being eliminated by West Ham after a replay

......and scored 43 goals in their FA cup run, without even reaching the final! Got to be a record, shirley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here