Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion U23 v Blackburn U23 Tonight 7 pm

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've got to be getting to the stage now where we have to start talking seriously about Connolly getting in the first team squad in the league. His goalscoring record in u23 is terrific.... and how many late goals does he score? He'd be just the poacher to bring on if we needed a goal
Absolutely. What is there to lose?

Step up is absolutely huge !! Be very surprised if he got a sniff, more likely to be loaned out for a bit
OK, it's huge. Big deal. Other teenagers have done it. Let's see what he's like coming on for 10-15 minutes.

The best he can hope for at the moment is a start for the cup in January.but even then more likely on the bench.
Well, yes - we do have CH as our manager, so you may be right. On the other hand, we can have seven on the bench, four of whom are definitely not going to get on the pitch. If we're three up (or three down) what is there to lose? I know my answer to that, but accept it might not be CH's.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Absolutely. What is there to lose?

OK, it's huge. Big deal. Other teenagers have done it. Let's see what he's like coming on for 10-15 minutes.

Well, yes - we do have CH as our manager, so you may be right. On the other hand, we can have seven on the bench, four of whom are definitely not going to get on the pitch. If we're three up (or three down) what is there to lose? I know my answer to that, but accept it might not be CH's.

Looks a great prospect yes, but is against u23 sides.

Bearing in mind the way we play (one up top) in a physically demanding league I don’t think it is even worth considering him yet. We have Andone who has performed at La Liga level who can’t even get mins on the pitch so I don’t see the rush to get Connelly involved yet. A loan for the second half of the season seems a good bet for him to see how he can compete in league football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks a great prospect yes, but is against u23 sides.

Bearing in mind the way we play (one up top) in a physically demanding league I don’t think it is even worth considering him yet. We have Andone who has performed at La Liga level who can’t even get mins on the pitch so I don’t see the rush to get Connelly involved yet. A loan for the second half of the season seems a good bet for him to see how he can compete in league football.
Yes, a half season loan in January would be good, but no reason not to have him on the bench before then.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Too small , will never score any headers and unlikely to save any penalties , on a more lighthearted note i think we may have another crowd favorite Cox on our hands , gets up and down all night long and as a extra bonus also has superb crossing ability .

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The one that stands out to me is Sanders .Just back from injury but what a difference he made to game when he came on

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Thoroughly enjoying the games on Seagull TV(when it works). A single camera showing the action with none of those long lingering looks at the managers and crowd.
The team look to me to be very good technically and fit as butchers dogs. The number of late goals they score is proof of that.
I like Connoly who is only 18 I think and Cox was great last night. Good futures for both of them.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just remembered a few people left on the 85th minute even though there must have been 500 people there at the max!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Aaron Connelly surely deserves a bench place at least for the Wolves match?

We have Andone who has performed at La Liga level who can’t even get mins on the pitch so I don’t see the rush to get Connelly involved yet.

I like Connoly who is only 18 I think and Cox was great last night. Good futures for both of them.

A polite request - would you PLEASE learn how to spell the surname of one of our brighter prospects? It's not as though he is Swedish or Iranian. It really is quite simple:

C-O-N-N-O-L-L-Y

8 letters, two vowels (both O).

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
A polite request - would you PLEASE learn how to spell the surname of one of our brighter prospects? It's not as though he is Swedish or Iranian. It really is quite simple:

C-O-N-N-O-L-L-Y

8 letters, two vowels (both O).

Have another look at my post that you then quoted! Pillock.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here