Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March untouchable ?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
March has done ok so far this season, but let's be honest, Izquierdo has more in his armoury and will be in the team when fit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No ! We didn’t pay that sort of money for Knocky either. It’s simply my opinion that Knocky was having a far better game and causing Fulham problems than March and I can’t believe he got subbed instead of March.
Knocky was a big money signing for us when we signed him, so my question still stands!

..........................but yes, probably would have much better to leave Knocky on until he got his red card, eh?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Knocky was a big money signing for us when we signed him, so my question still stands!

..........................but yes, probably would have much better to leave Knocky on until he got his red card, eh?

Correct. After the decision went against him, he flew into at least two challenges. Luckily his timing was so bad he missed the player each time by miles, but a hit in either case and he’d have probably been off.......CH was right to save him from himself.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
He was absolutly exausted, when he 's tired he doesn't track back only natural. A couple of times towards the end they almost caught us because he was still forward. I think C/H made the right choice.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This.
Once Sessignnon cae on for Fulham, we needed someone to support Montoya and Knocky was ticking over and seeing the red mist and knackered.
AJ for Knocky was the correct substitution

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sorry Thunder, crossing is a fundamental part of any wingers game. He has to improve his delivery, he seems to do the hard bit (beating of a player) relatively easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the problem that his crosses look wasted IMHO it is the fact that he has to hit the cross before anyone has caught up with him. How many times does he have to check his cross cos Murray or Gross are 10/15 yards behind him trying to get into position.
Not knocking Murray or Gross but forwards with pace would help Sollys crossing problem.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Part of the problem that his crosses look wasted IMHO it is the fact that he has to hit the cross before anyone has caught up with him. How many times does he have to check his cross cos Murray or Gross are 10/15 yards behind him trying to get into position.
Not knocking Murray or Gross but forwards with pace would help Sollys crossing problem.

Perhaps, but to be honest it rarely goes past the first man, so is just a weakness in his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Surely the answer then is for him to look up and hit his cross towards the penalty spot not at the goal line as he usually does and the ball finishing up in the keepers hands

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This.
Once Sessignnon cae on for Fulham, we needed someone to support Montoya and Knocky was ticking over and seeing the red mist and knackered.
AJ for Knocky was the correct substitution

And we then equalised. Not sure what the debate is really, we got a point after being 2-0 down, subs worked to achieve that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone else note that March looks to have really bulked up over the summer? Legs, chest, arms - he looks a different beast from last season imho, proper unit now, mentally looking stronger too.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I thought March played well, was a threat and got in behind, especially in the first half. His crossing is a bit hit-and-miss, agreed, but I think you'll find that applies to the majority of wingers, even at PL level.

What I can't believe no one has mentioned on this thread is that he has NO RIGHT FOOT. So when he went through on goal on that peg, I had no expectation he would put it anywhere but in the north stand. This will always limit how good a player he can become.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
And we then equalised. Not sure what the debate is really, we got a point after being 2-0 down, subs worked to achieve that.
Yes all the subs did ok. Bissouma, Ali/j (not attempting to spell his name) and locadia. Ali/J put in a couple of good crosses one for locadia which brourght out a good save from their keeper. Alot of people are saying Locadia doen't care, he clearly does when ever he does something wrong u can tell hes upset. Im sure hel'l come good as long as fans give him a chance and support him, that applies to a lot of our players support them dont constantly critisize. As much as we'd like to be we are not Barcelona, Real madrid or Man city.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Think there is only one person that looks like a **** here. Murray played well even without the goals, the fact the MOTD and other reports have praised him proves that you are possibly in the minority of thinking he didn't.

Yeh, of course. MOTD... the font of all knowledge. How dare we disagree with the great Alan Shearer's opinion... :shootself

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I can take some of that on board but you have to admit there are plenty of times when Solly and Knocky have time and space to pick out somebody ( not just Murray ) and the ball in is inaccurate. The ball in from Montoya at Liverpool ( to Gross ) was stunningly good and pinpoint. This is the type of delivery we need and it doesn't happen enough.

I don't disagree at all. Both need to work on their crossing and end product. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
With the two goals in a comeback from 2-0 down he was ALWAYS going to get MOTM. I’d have given it to Montoya personally but no complaints with Muzza getting it.

Yeh that's fair enough. As I say, he was decisive and you can't knock that as that's what counts ultimately.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here