Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] my new favourite cheese

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
Epoisse cheese from Burgundy in France is my favourite and as far as I know it is still illegal to eat it on public transport in France because of the strong smell.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Now then, this is a bit of NSC kismet, as I was thinking of resurrecting this thread;

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...g-quot-mac-AND-cheese-quot&highlight=macaroni

which rightly bemoans creeping Americanizations like "Mac and Cheese", to help me solve a naming dilemna at work

I was thinking of putting on a macaroni cheese dish, but making it with Mexicana, instead of the usual cheddar . Is it acceptable menu terminology to say Macaroni and Mexicana Cheese , in place of the traditional, British, gawd bless her, succinct, Macaroni Cheese?

I'm worried some old Doris will order it and blow her false teeth out if I don't make a clear distinction.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Now then, this is a bit of NSC kismet, as I was thinking of resurrecting this thread;

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...g-quot-mac-AND-cheese-quot&highlight=macaroni

which rightly bemoans creeping Americanizations like "Mac and Cheese", to help me solve a naming dilemna at work

I was thinking of putting on a macaroni cheese dish, but making it with Mexicana, instead of the usual cheddar . Is it acceptable menu terminology to say Macaroni and Mexicana Cheese , in place of the traditional, British, gawd bless her, succinct, Macaroni Cheese?

I'm worried some old Doris will order it and blow her false teeth out if I don't make a clear distinction.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Mac n Mex........do your own thing.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Cheese.jpg

Galician Tetilla Cheese...... with quince jelly.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Reblechon

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've been living in Sardinia since August. Haven't sourced any casu marzu yet. It's been banned by the EU but apparently you can get hold of it if you speak to the right shepherd.

It's always a case of knowing the right shepherd :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here