Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace/Brighton 11

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Obviously theres going to be a bit of bias both sides, just interested to know how we all feel about who are the better players. Personally I think we have far superior individuals, however this does not make the better team as countless examples have shown. I would declare that you currently have the better 'unit' although we are getting there.

Ryan

Bruno Dunk Duffy Bong

Knockaert Stephen Propper Izquierdo

Gross

Murray

Fixed for you - CJTC

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously theres going to be a bit of bias both sides, just interested to know how we all feel about who are the better players. Personally I think we have far superior individuals, however this does not make the better team as countless examples have shown. I would declare that you currently have the better 'unit' although we are getting there.

Ryan

Ward Sakho Duffy Bong

Zaha Cabaye Milivojevic Loftus-Cheek

Gross

Benteke

Absolutely laughable to leave out Lewis Dunk. The Dunk you know is one of 4 years ago. The current version is an England player in waiting, probably every bit as much as Loftus-Cheek. So as much as Sakho is a very decent player, he's not as good as Lewis Dunk. I'd suggest Dunk walks into that team with Sakho and Duffy very much 50/50 to pair him.

In fact on current form, Dunk would be 2nd or 3rd on the team sheet after Pascal Gross and Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still remember him from Championship days. Bit of a Donkey. You guys thought it too! Just an opinion.

Nonsense.

You're basing your opinion on one moment, nine minutes into one game at Selhurst.

The younger Dunk was impetuous, sometimes reckless, and occasionally prone to costly losses of concentration - any of those would have been fair criticism. Even at that stage though, looking past those flaws, he was an unfeasibly CLASSY footballer, with a first touch, composure on the ball, and passing range miles ahead of what could ever be expected of a Championship defender.

To suggest he is / ever was 'a donkey' makes you look a bit thick.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry dont think Dunk is your best defender.

scarlet pimpernell.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well I wouldnt whole heartedly disagree, made a huge difference since coming back. Best player by a million miles.
If he got a season ending injury I suspect you’d be finishing last in the division, with him you’ve got a chance of 19th.

:lolol:

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Nonsense.

You're basing your opinion on one moment, nine minutes into one game at Selhurst.

The younger Dunk was impetuous, sometimes reckless, and occasionally prone to costly losses of concentration - any of those would have been fair criticism. Even at that stage though, looking past those flaws, he was an unfeasibly CLASSY footballer, with a first touch, composure on the ball, and passing range miles ahead of what could ever be expected of a Championship defender.

To suggest he is / ever was 'a donkey' makes you look a bit thick.

Nope. Seen enough of him. No where near England material. Both Sakho and Tomkins better

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
If he got a season ending injury I suspect you’d be finishing last in the division, with him you’ve got a chance of 19th.

:lolol:

Others players have stepped up since Wilfs return. RLC, Townsend and Cabaye all playing out there skin. Got enough quality. Need a good Jan transfer window though.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Ryan

Ward Sakho Duffy Bong

Gross

Benteke

No one gives a F*ck what you think.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Others players have stepped up since Wilfs return. RLC, Townsend and Cabaye all playing out there skin. Got enough quality. Need a good Jan transfer window though.
Important that you aren’t bottom then in January, I can’t see too many wanting to join if that happens.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Ryan

Ward Sakho Duffy Bong

Gross

Benteke

With respect, I've just seen your Twitter profile (if thats you), and mental is mentioned a lot!
Just saying :shrug:

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Important that you aren’t bottom then in January, I can’t see too many wanting to join if that happens.

Said all along, if we are in touching distance, which currently looks like we will think well be ok. Otherwise, yes will be tricky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here