Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I assume [MENTION=30348]GJN1[/MENTION] has changed his or her opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I was more impressed by the punch he came for. That's a real sign of a keeper gaining in confidence

This was amazing for someone so short:whistle:

I wasn't very tall but I was an amazing 'keeper:wink:

He has been superb in recent games, I love him

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Ha, haha. You're a gayer. You said you love him. He's a gayer everyone! Ban him! :cheery:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Apparently he was signed because of his Agility and the fact that he comes for crosses. We weren't seeing that in the beginning but as he gets over those few early howlers I think it seems to be coming t the fore, slowly but surely, which can only be good

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Very disappointed in him tonight. He only made one save and took a couple of crosses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very disappointed in him tonight. He only made one save and took a couple of crosses.

A taller goalkeeper would have been considerably more productive.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I like this type of thread. We had it with Ryan, Suttner, Gross, Propper etc along the lines of "they're played 3 games and looks sh!t". I guess it just takes time for players to settle in.

Ryan (other than a couple of minor early ricks) has been excellent and all of our signings seem to be really growing into this league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like this type of thread. We had it with Ryan, Suttner, Gross, Propper etc along the lines of "they're played 3 games and looks sh!t". I guess it just takes time for players to settle in.

Ryan (other than a couple of minor early ricks) has been excellent and all of our signings seem to be really growing into this league.

Or is the league getting smaller.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
For being "short" he gets across his goal really well. There was a few free kicks against West Ham that shaved the post and he was right there inside the frame if it needed saving.

Very quick on his feet.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Love Maty Ryan - his shot stopping and his passion. But as this thread has come back to the top of the page, can we talk about his kicking? Because it is quite frustrating that a lot of kicks out against WH seemed to involve the ball either going out of play, or giving them back possession and another attack. While Ben Roberts works his magic (hopefully) why are we are not passing it out of defence more?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For being "short" he gets across his goal really well. There was a few free kicks against West Ham that shaved the post and he was right there inside the frame if it needed saving.

Very quick on his feet.

Having taken every opportunity for the last couple of months to take the p**** out of the heightist nimrods, this is going to be tough to write, but...

Rooney didn't half have a lot of room to place his penalty.
I'd be interested to know (but not interested enough to try and find) Ryan's faced/saved penalty record.

For what we are told is a pretty stressful thing to do, in professional football, having that much room to aim at, must make it a little easier.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Love Maty Ryan - his shot stopping and his passion. But as this thread has come back to the top of the page, can we talk about his kicking? Because it is quite frustrating that a lot of kicks out against WH seemed to involve the ball either going out of play, or giving them back possession and another attack. While Ben Roberts works his magic (hopefully) why are we are not passing it out of defence more?

To be fair, I think it is a tactic to kick it out rather than pass. And also to kick it out to the wings which leaves less room for error than normal for a keeper.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sounds like a good tactic. Quite a bit of work needed on the execution, but will be great when it starts working.

I think the issue is we have only one target up front so there is a limit to what Ryan can aim for. Maybe the club feel by pushing Murray/Hemed out wide at goal kicks it either takes one of the centre backs out of position or leaves them against a full back. Agree that it isn't quite working yet and it would be good to reduce the number of goal kicks going straight out of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here