Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

"it's just become an exercise in keep ball"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The stadium sounds empty. The Arsenal fans have a skilful side to watch but make no noise other than when they score.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we have a better chance in these games of playing our natural attacking style.
If you look at our natural attacking style last season, we'd attack with numbers. Lose the ball doing that against Arsenal and they hit you fast and score.

teams like Arsenal are too good to surrender 80% of pitch and possession, they will inevitably score or you will inevitably make a mistake.
The reality is that teams like Arsenal are too good for us to get a point against away from home unless we get some luck. March beat the keeper and hit the post, a bit of luck and we'd have been 1-1. Suggesting that we'd have more chance of a point if we went at them from the start, like Huddersfield did yesterday (and they were at home), is naive.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Did their fans just do our famous "WHO?"

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Pointless bringing Knocky on really, game is gone. Come on the greyhound

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If it's that depressing, then why bother watching/listtening?

It's not depressing. I didn't mean I was depressed, and actively 'waiting' as such. I think what I really meant that it just feels as though we're going through the motions a bit at the moment and sooner or later Arsenal will simply score again. They are a bit better than us (!) and it's just beginning to tell now.

I'm actually still enjoying it - as I said in an earlier post, I don't think the teams we really have to beat will be watching us with much pleasure - they'll see that we're not a walkover.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Newly-promoted-team-dominated-by-vastly-experienced-Premier-League- home-team-valued-at-tens-of-millions-greater shocker.....

If you look at our natural attacking style last season, we'd attack with numbers. Lose the ball doing that against Arsenal and they hit you fast and score.

The reality is that teams like Arsenal are too good for us to get a point against away from home unless we get some luck. March beat the keeper and hit the post, a bit of luck and we'd have been 1-1. Suggesting that we'd have more chance of a point if we went at them from the start, like Huddersfield did yesterday (and they were at home), is naive.

Fatalistic crap

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Might sound daft but this game has excited me for the rest of the season. We look far more dangerous with pace, and that bodes well for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here