Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the other side...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yet you keep replying.

Noone should feel aggrieved at what happened Saturday. It's still fresh, but do not show emotion.

This is totally unnecessary yet you've decided to start an argument. It seems rather pointless

What's it got to do with Craig Noone?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not sure why so many fans take the bait? How many times have BHA fans trolled other forums after a positive result?
We wil beat the massive (?) and then whoever to go up. If not, we have next year 😀

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not sure why so many fans take the bait? How many times have BHA fans trolled other forums after a positive result?
We wil beat the massive (?) and then whoever to go up. If not, we have next year 😀
I've never trolled another team's forum and that's all that counts for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
1: No proof we would have won. With Stephens in the team we had one attempt on target in 58 minutes. Did we have momentum when he went off? Yes, that's a million miles away from guaranteeing victory. Boro had £20million of players on the bench should we have gone ahead, they would have piled on the pressure even if we had scored another too.

2: Bad decision from Dean? Agree totally, but such decisions go in our favour too. If you went regularly you would recall the penalty decisions at home to MK Dins and Bristol City, and of course there is also this one

View attachment 74512

Dean's incompetence helped ruin what otherwise (apart from the aggressive neanderthal behaviour from a small section of Boro fans) was a great occasion. The atmosphere was incredible, the teams were evenly contested, despite Boro's huge spending this season.

Well said and agree with most of it but your 3 examples aside, I make us in deficit in terms of 'things evening themselves out' and by some margin.

However, I will quite happily take 3 controversial penalties in the next 3 matches.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
The fact is we were slow to start BUT came out 2nd half revved up - that was our time to go for it - which we did, and scored before the magical 60 min mark and that was undoubtedly going to be our time to whack the pressure on and it had already shuit their fans up.

this was our 15 minute window to pile on the pressure and nick a winning goal while the boro shat themselves. Yes we would have had a horrible last 15mins of "boro time" but it would have been a fair contest.

This whole thing leaves a proper sh!tty taste in the mouth that I fear will worsen after the game at the amex in a week

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well said and agree with most of it but your 3 examples aside, I make us in deficit in terms of 'things evening themselves out' and by some margin.

However, I will quite happily take 3 controversial penalties in the next 3 matches.

Agreed. I think we've had some rough red cards issues this season.

Saturday was the prime example, Jamie Murphy at Bolton was another, and that probably cost us two points. The Barton incidents (neither of which warranted even a yellow apparently) have been given their fair share of analysis on NSC too.

Dunk's were both fully deserved IMO. He was cynical/clumsly/slow/dumb against both QPR and Derby.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. I think we've had some rough red cards issues this season.

Saturday was the prime example, Jamie Murphy at Bolton was another, and that probably cost us two points. The Barton incidents (neither of which warranted even a yellow apparently) have been given their fair share of analysis on NSC too.

Dunk's were both fully deserved IMO. He was cynical/clumsly/slow/dumb against both QPR and Derby.

Yes and he never seems to learn.

I will offer up Nadine's winner at Bolton, all over Hunemeier. The phantom penalty at Burnley when Dunk was fouled.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hi all,

Boro fan in peace.

Let me begin by saying I'm obviously over the moon we have been promoted. But i would of liked it to have been both of us and not burnely. You've had an incredible season and done it on a lot less money than us and burnely. Most seasons you'd have done enough to go up so its a real shame you have the lottery of the play offs. Hughton has created a brilliant team and I think kayal, knock hart and hemed have really stood out as a few of the better players in the league.

Now to the game. Unfortunately for you Ayala and Gibson dominated. Despite you playing nice stuff I don't think you really threatened at all in the final third apart from your goal. In truth I thought we should of been out of sight by half time but that wasn't to be. Having said that i was terrified every time knockhart found a pocket of space, unfortunately for you his final ball was poor yesterday. Both teams seemed nervy and the game was littered with mistakes and no real quality from either side except two good free kicks.

The red card, I'm very surprised how you are all contesting it. Studs were up and followed through taking a chunk out of Ramirez on the way. despite I agree he won the ball it was a dangerous tackle, hence the gash. Blaming the whole game on this moment seems a little silly because we also lost our best player st this moment, and after the red card j thought you played better with 10 men anyway. Stephens didn't help his cause by having handbags about a minute prior and also all the fouls on Ramirez for the entire game. Even if you feel hard done by, decisions like the balance themselves out over a season anyway I think. It's just the most recent one hurts more. I can list many times we should of won games but didn't because of a bad ref decision, ie Derby, Leeds, Birmingham and likewise there will be games where maybe we shouldn't of won. I'm sure this applies to you as well.

I'm a little ashamed of our coach shielding the ball at the end, and also your coach barging Karanka at the end. Poor form from both sides there. I do think hughton is an absolute class act though.

In summary I thought we were well worth the draw. You've had a great season playing some great stuff and I'm hoping you go up through the play offs.

Good luck!

I also wanted Boro and us to go up, as both teams try and play football and Burnley are an ugly long ball team of physicality and thugs. onto the game Saturday, before the game i predicted 1-1 on here, but during the actual game in the opening spell it looked to me like boro were shitting it, yes we had no final product in the last third, but until you scored we had played better and that was your first meanigful chance, which again is annoying as we have been done by another set piece. Being completely honest, on the day i didnt think boro looked good at all, the majority of the chances you had were born out of our own mistakes/nerves rather than created by your own good football, we gifted you opportunities.

There is no doubt the red card changed the game, it didnt mean we wouldve won, but from that point it makes it infinitely harder to do so, and Stephens the goal scorer was the best player on the pitch. He along with kayal in the centre are the engine room of our team, and were never as good without those 2 together. As for the challenge i have watched it so many times and even on super slo mo a 100 frames per second, i have no doubt it was not intentional and that he played the ball, the previous handbags which Gaston started had no bearing on the challenge, Gaston flicks the ball over his head to far from his body, stephens puts out his boot (not high) and plays the ball (where the ball is), Gaston (with no meaningful shin pads on) also goes for the ball and raises to challenge for it a split second to late, the ball is already gone, and gastons kicks into Stephens leg, not the other way around, Stephens was first to the ball, gaston second and late. Of course it a nasty cut but a cut is not a red card offense. Dean 5 yards away had made up his mind of yellow, which i thought was harsh, people can get injured in football without intent and a cut is not an indication of dangerous play. What gaston did next in pulling the yellow card from the refs hand is a sending off offense, and no doubt it was gaston doing this and pointing at the blood along with all the boro players calling for a fellow professional to be sent off that influenced Dean to change to red. Was it a nasty cut, yes, was a ball that was one a metre off the ground with the injured player getting to it second and late dangerous? No, it was an accident between 2 people going for the ball. Stephens is not like that and he won the ball, was first to it and Gastons lack of shin pads, and trying the influence the ref was the cause of the red not what Stephens did. If this is a red card they may as make it a straight red for for any 50/50 if 1 party gets hurt.

Will the FA change it?, probably not because of what was at stake and their reputation. You did what you needed to do and nobody can predict what would happen 11 v 11, but we were in the ascendency, you were rocking and gaston and the hapless Mike Dean helped to secure the result you needed.

Moving on from Saturday, i feel more sorry for Stephens as he's a good fair player, who is now prevented from playing a part in the next games due to Gastons lack of shin pads, gastons late challenge and Mike Dean basing a key decision on a cut he saw and not the challenge for which he'd already made up his mind.

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016
I also wanted Boro and us to go up, as both teams try and play football and Burnley are an ugly long ball team of physicality and thugs. onto the game Saturday, before the game i predicted 1-1 on here, but during the actual game in the opening spell it looked to me like boro were shitting it, yes we had no final product in the last third, but until you scored we had played better and that was your first meanigful chance, which again is annoying as we have been done by another set piece. Being completely honest, on the day i didnt think boro looked good at all, the majority of the chances you had were born out of our own mistakes/nerves rather than created by your own good football, we gifted you opportunities.

There is no doubt the red card changed the game, it didnt mean we wouldve won, but from that point it makes it infinitely harder to do so, and Stephens the goal scorer was the best player on the pitch. He along with kayal in the centre are the engine room of our team, and were never as good without those 2 together. As for the challenge i have watched it so many times and even on super slo mo a 100 frames per second, i have no doubt it was not intentional and that he played the ball, the previous handbags which Gaston started had no bearing on the challenge, Gaston flicks the ball over his head to far from his body, stephens puts out his boot (not high) and plays the ball (where the ball is), Gaston (with no meaningful shin pads on) also goes for the ball and raises to challenge for it a split second to late, the ball is already gone, and gastons kicks into Stephens leg, not the other way around, Stephens was first to the ball, gaston second and late. Of course it a nasty cut but a cut is not a red card offense. Dean 5 yards away had made up his mind of yellow, which i thought was harsh, people can get injured in football without intent and a cut is not an indication of dangerous play. What gaston did next in pulling the yellow card from the refs hand is a sending off offense, and no doubt it was gaston doing this and pointing at the blood along with all the boro players calling for a fellow professional to be sent off that influenced Dean to change to red. Was it a nasty cut, yes, was a ball that was one a metre off the ground with the injured player getting to it second and late dangerous? No, it was an accident between 2 people going for the ball. Stephens is not like that and he won the ball, was first to it and Gastons lack of shin pads, and trying the influence the ref was the cause of the red not what Stephens did. If this is a red card they may as make it a straight red for for any 50/50 if 1 party gets hurt.

Will the FA change it?, probably not because of what was at stake and their reputation. You did what you needed to do and nobody can predict what would happen 11 v 11, but we were in the ascendency, you were rocking and gaston and the hapless Mike Dean helped to secure the result you needed.

Moving on from Saturday, i feel more sorry for Stephens as he's a good fair player, who is now prevented from playing a part in the next games due to Gastons lack of shin pads, gastons late challenge and Mike Dean basing a key decision on a cut he saw and not the challenge for which he'd already made up his mind.

Thanks for the non abusive thoughtful response. I agree we were poor and struggling for nerves but I'd say the same for Brighton to. Neither team had end product and both were guilty of defensive lapses which can only be expected when the players are under such instrumental pressure. I do think maybe a lot of you are underestimating our defence slightly. I thought our defence was good, and has been our main strength all year, which made your attack look poor rather than your attackers having a bad game.

Having watched the red card countless times now, I'm less adamant it was a red as I was initially. But what went against Stephens was a culmination of the following, because I agree it's clear to see he got the ball before Gaston (not that this makes it not a foul)
A) handbags with gaston 1 min earlier
B) the nasty wound
C) I don't know why he put his studs through the ball as opposed to poking it away with your toe or side of the foot as usual? I think that's what as put doubt in the refs mind.

However looking at it from your point of view
A) gaston didn't cheat let's be clear. He took a nasty hit and has every right to show the ref (those saying dive or self inflicting I have no time for) however he should not of hit the card out of the refs hand. I agree that's a red card offence and if people start getting away with that the refs will lose all control
B) disappointing that dean changed his mind. Red card or not aside, the ref was clearly influenced by seeing the gash which must be very frustrating for you all to see him swap a yellow to red

Putting the mentally unstable abusive members of your site a side, you're a great club who play lovely football and it will be so unfair if you don't go up via the play offs as you've been much better than Derby hull and Wednesday all year. I'll be backing you that's for sure. It's a shame the game was over with the red. Because whether it was a red or not it ass in the middle of the pitch and had no effect on that stage of play (I.e. Unlike a last man foul)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and of course there is also this one

attachment.php
Barton played the ball up their right wing, leading to that chance. He shouldn't have been on the pitch. We should have been a goal up against 10 men.

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for the non abusive thoughtful response. I agree we were poor and struggling for nerves but I'd say the same for Brighton to. Neither team had end product and both were guilty of defensive lapses which can only be expected when the players are under such instrumental pressure. I do think maybe a lot of you are underestimating our defence slightly. I thought our defence was good, and has been our main strength all year, which made your attack look poor rather than your attackers having a bad game.

Having watched the red card countless times now, I'm less adamant it was a red as I was initially. But what went against Stephens was a culmination of the following, because I agree it's clear to see he got the ball before Gaston (not that this makes it not a foul)
B) the nasty wound
C) I don't know why he put his studs through the ball as opposed to poking it away with your toe or side of the foot as usual? I think that's what as put doubt in the refs mind.

A) gaston didn't cheat let's be clear. He took a nasty hit and has every right to show the ref (those saying dive or self inflicting I have no time for) however he should not of hit the card out of the refs hand. I agree that's a red card offence and if people start getting away with that the refs will lose all control
B) disappointing that dean changed his mind. Red card or not aside, the ref was clearly influenced by seeing the gash which must be very frustrating for you all to see him swap a yellow to red

Putting the mentally unstable abusive members of your site a side, you're a great club who play lovely football and it will be so unfair if you don't go up via the play offs as you've been much better than Derby hull and Wednesday all year. I'll be backing you that's for sure. It's a shame the game was over with the red. Because whether it was a red or not it ass in the middle of the pitch and had no effect on that stage of play (I.e. Unlike a last man foul)

Hi Brighton fan in peace here

A meaningful response, you've had your say.....now can you just ***k off.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

B) the nasty wound

Point C....really? :facepalm: just the one toe whilst wearing a boot ...hmmm..I'm sorry but less adamant isen't worth much is it now

PS...quite like Gibson

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But what went against Stephens was a culmination of the following, because I agree it's clear to see he got the ball before Gaston (not that this makes it not a foul)
Yes, that could well be part of the reason that Dean got it wrong.
B) the nasty wound
Yep, but these things happen in football, it's not always someone's fault.
C) I don't know why he put his studs through the ball as opposed to poking it away with your toe or side of the foot as usual?
Because football is a fast game and you can't always choose exactly how it's going to go when your opponent is recklessly steaming in. What was Gaston doing exactly? The ball had gone, he was late, what's your comment on that? And when Stephens got the ball, Gaston's leg wasn't there.

I think that's what as put doubt in the refs mind.
I agree with A & B, which is why it was a poor decision.

A) gaston didn't cheat let's be clear.
That's not seeing it from our point of view, Gaston knocked the card out of the ref's hand, that's an offence. Tell me another time that's happened without the offender being punished.

He took a nasty hit and has every right to show the ref (those saying dive
Agreed. Obviously it wasn't a dive.
or self inflicting I have no time for)
Well it was largely self inflicted wasn't it, he was late and kicked Stephens.

however he should not of hit the card out of the refs hand. I agree that's a red card offence and if people start getting away with that the refs will lose all control
Ok, we're in some agreement then.

Thanks for the other kind words.

I'm still furious at being cheated, and also about your fans (minority, but still) that harassed our players after the game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

B) the nasty wound

At least one sensible Boro fan. What is most annoying is, unless the red card is rescinded, not only do we lose our chance against you but also has a major impact on our play off chances.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
you've been much better than Derby hull and Wednesday all year.

The frustration for us is that we are finishing below two teams that would also not have been as good as us all year if they had experienced anywhere near the number of injuries that we have had:

Lua Lua: three months,
Bong: four months,
March: five months,
Zamora: two months,
Rosenior: three months,
Hunemeier: five months,
Baldock: two months,
Greer: a month.

All of these were in the first team when they were injured. Five of them were out when you beat us at the Amex. Hunemeier was carried off in that game and, of the eight, only Zamora was fit to face Ipswich and Wolves in our following two home games. Those three games constitute over half of our losses this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really are tiresome.
I'm on a Brighton forum, stating the truth about an incident in a Brighton game. What's so tiresome about that?

Perhaps if you stamp your feet (or keyboard) a bit harder it might all come true.
**** off tw@

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here