Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Get yourself a Buff.. Or a Snood.. Great for cold weather, i use mine all the time. Obv wear it around your neck, or on your bonce or around your wrist as a wrist band. Buffs are great! Stops the cold air getting into your lungs as well.

Thanks for the suggestion - just ordered a Buff off Amazon (they're on sale!). Soon I'll be needing gloves and leggings and be in full kit territory :facepalm:

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Thanks for the suggestion - just ordered a Buff off Amazon (they're on sale!). Soon I'll be needing gloves and leggings and be in full kit territory :facepalm:

Haha nice one.. a Full Kit Wanner! (Runner/w**ker=wanner... Keddit.. Sorry. ill get my coat,phone holder,waterbottle,headband,hydration pack...)

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
6.3 miles completed this morning with what I think is a big PB at Hove Parkrun. I'm a plodder and my Strava says 25 dead but I think the official time might be a few seconds quicker. 24 minutes the next target....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
12 miles or so of country lanes this morning. Lovely weather for running, but ice everywhere. Almost came a cropper half a dozen times, and messed up any rhythm I might have had a few times as well. Be careful out there !

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
21:00 dead for me this morning, would have been sub 21 if I had n't needed to run round that Marshall standing in the middle of the course on the 'filet' home stretch :wink:

100th parkrun completed in 122 weeks. Look forward to receiving my black shirt in a few months.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
12 miles or so of country lanes this morning. Lovely weather for running, but ice everywhere. Almost came a cropper half a dozen times, and messed up any rhythm I might have had a few times as well. Be careful out there !

I did the same round my way. 9.5 miles and skates would have been more use in parts of it

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
21:00 dead for me this morning, would have been sub 21 if I had n't needed to run round that Marshall standing in the middle of the course on the 'filet' home stretch :wink:

100th parkrun completed in 122 weeks. Look forward to receiving my black shirt in a few months.

Congratulations. Didn't realise it was in 122 weeks. Last thing I want on NSC is another Black Shirt though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Top running !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice work [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] - top running.

I was 21.37 I think - another 10 seconds off last week's time, which I'm happy with. Best time since September or something.

I'm having a Sunday off after near enough 10 miles on Friday.

Good luck for anyone braving the fresh air 😂

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Enjoyed Hove Prom today with a highest ever final position of 5th. Last month I put everything I had into it to get 18:59. This week felt like less of an ordeal and I had quite a bit in the tank for the final half mile.

Out around 9 tomorrow for a long run, going to head East to Shoreham high street looping into Old Shoreham road.

Just received an email for the Worthing 10k in June and Bright10 in October. It's certainly not cheap this running with almost 3 pairs of shoes a year to buy too.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Enjoyed Hove Prom today with a highest ever final position of 5th. Last month I put everything I had into it to get 18:59. This week felt like less of an ordeal and I had quite a bit in the tank for the final half mile.

Out around 9 tomorrow for a long run, going to head East to Shoreham high street looping into Old Shoreham road.

Just received an email for the Worthing 10k in June and Bright10 in October. It's certainly not cheap this running with almost 3 pairs of shoes a year to buy too.

It's cheaper for slower runners. I get 20% more race time for my £ than you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here