Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes 18-19 Season

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Only a small, loud bunch of know-nothing Amex-era muppets. If they drove him away at all, that is. He's WAY better than that, and more than belligerent enough to see them off. Strongly suspect it was far more to do with Burnley offering the proper going rate for strikers and the player doing the best for his family. Top man is Ashley [emoji106]
I totally agree with you about Ashley Barnes footballing merits, but it isn't only Amex era fans who didn't like him. I know plenty of old time fans who gave him grief. It's been strangely satisfying to watch him rise up the leagues and confound the doubters.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Barnes to Brighton fans, is the modern day version of what Emile Heskey was to England fans. Scores roughly 1 in 5, adds huge value to the team but is either loathed or loved.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only a small, loud bunch of know-nothing Amex-era muppets. If they drove him away at all, that is. He's WAY better than that, and more than belligerent enough to see them off. Strongly suspect it was far more to do with Burnley offering the proper going rate for strikers and the player doing the best for his family. Top man is Ashley :thumbsup:

This.

He was loved during the Poyet time at Withdean, in a great team.

No one around our area of the south stand complained about AB. I can't recall nsc debates at that time, where many posters didn't rate the young lad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

He was loved during the Poyet time at Withdean, in a great team.

No one around our area of the south stand complained about AB. I can't recall nsc debates at that time, where many posters didn't rate the young lad.

Mr Burns started the thread about Barnes not being nearly good enough for us, during the League One winning season, whilst we were still at Withdean.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Everyone seems to have forgotten this one. :wink:

Lingard.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
2015/16 we re-sign Zamora
2016/17 we re-sign Murray
2017/18 (looks like) we re-sign Ulloa
2018/19 Ashley?????

2018/19 Inigo Calderon in a coaching role.

Bring the man back where he belongs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's Ashley Williams suspended against us. Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing ...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has now scored exactly half the number of goals a 34 year old has scored this season.

What’s the goals to games ratios like ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here