Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monaco Grand Prix

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Alonso just taken the lead in he Indy 500, 44/200 laps and commentators drooling over him. Live on BT Sport for those who are interested...

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Also, this has been VERY entertaining to watch. First time I've ever sat and watched the whole thing. Overtaking, crashes, flying cars. Enjoyed it a lot.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Best bit of the Grand Prix was as Jenson Button was driving from his pit garage to his starting position and the team put Fernando Alonso onto his radio feed, direct from the USA.

"Hey, Jenson - it's Fernando. Good luck and have a great race!"
"Hi mate - cheers. You too. Stay safe!"
"Sure - and look after my car."
"I'm gonna pee in your seat!"

:lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What is the point of a race when no car can overtake another one. My paint that I have just brushed needs to be watched.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's been a suggestion that the win was engineered. For the complete motor racing idiot how did the early Ferrari pit stop help the other bloke win?

There's been a suggestion that the win was engineered. For the complete motor racing idiot how did the early Ferrari pit stop help the other bloke win?

It allowed Vettel to build up a gap in clear air, by pitting Kimmi when they did he was always going to emerge in back markers that would slow him up.

As has already been said, completely within the rules regarding team oreders but not exactly sporting either.

That is of course if Ferrari did it on purpose, which they say they didn't, but to everyone who watches they certainly did. You only had to look at Kimmis body language to work out what he thought.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It allowed Vettel to build up a gap in clear air, by pitting Kimmi when they did he was always going to emerge in back markers that would slow him up.

As has already been said, completely within the rules regarding team oreders but not exactly sporting either.

That is of course if Ferrari did it on purpose, which they say they didn't, but to everyone who watches they certainly did. You only had to look at Kimmis body language to work out what he thought.

Was leading at the time of his pit stop?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here