Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marco Silva is the new Watford manager

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not good news really, he's the real deal and may change the outcome of what most of us thought would be a club set for the drop.

If it's a choice between Watford or Palace, then I'm glad he's gone to Watford. Hopefully, Palace will be set for the drop.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Not good news really, he's the real deal and may change the outcome of what most of us thought would be a club set for the drop.

Don't know about that!
He didn't really manage to inspire Hull that much, and should have stuck with them and tried to get them back up, I.M.H.O.
Will Watford strengthen? Will they be his choice of players, who knows?
I still feel we can finish above Watford, even though they have more experience of the top league than us!

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland

Does it really make sense to say a managerless club is set for the drop if their managerial appointment makes them no longer a favourite for the drop?

Anyway, I'd rather we concerned ourselves with our own ability rather than looking at the failings and inadequacies of others. If we aren't good enough we go down and I'm fine with that so long as we give our best.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Does it really make sense to say a managerless club is set for the drop if their managerial appointment makes them no longer a favourite for the drop?
With Watford's history of managerial appointments then I would say it does make sense yes.

Anyway, I'd rather we concerned ourselves with our own ability rather than looking at the failings and inadequacies of others. If we aren't good enough we go down and I'm fine with that so long as we give our best.
So would I, but it helps to have a couple of clubs on self destruct.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
With Watford's history of managerial appointments then I would say it does make sense yes.

So would I, but it helps to have a couple of clubs on self destruct.

But again I would assert that it doesn't follow that a club with a history of bad appointments won't make a good one. On the flip side we were doing well with our appointments, and then came Hyypia.......

Anyway enjoy the fact that the 47 page Homesdale Online thread on Silva has died on its arse. :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have yet to be convinced that he is as good as everyone thinks he might be. He could be but I haven't seen enough of what he can do yet.

He got Hull into a position where they could have stayed up and then they collapsed. Strikes me in the same vein of Roberto Martinez. Turned Wigan from a ''Relegation Threatened'' side, into a ''Relegated'' side. Then got rewarded for it with the Everton job..

I don't know if Silva will do the business at Watford or not but it doesn't fill me with dread.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I have yet to be convinced that he is as good as everyone thinks he might be. He could be but I haven't seen enough of what he can do yet.

He got Hull into a position where they could have stayed up and then they collapsed. Strikes me in the same vein of Roberto Martinez. Turned Wigan from a ''Relegation Threatened'' side, into a ''Relegated'' side. Then got rewarded for it with the Everton job..

I don't know if Silva will do the business at Watford or not but it doesn't fill me with dread.

You can only go on if's as he took over, but the stats suggest if he was in charge for the whole season they would have been safe.

Given the squad they had, and they sold the two best players in Jan that is pretty impressive.

I think he will do ok at Watford.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
That's going to upset my Palace-supporting work colleagues who thought he was a cert for them. So good that they're pissed off, but I think he'll do a good job at Watford who I'd earmarked as one of our relegation rivals.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
General consensus online from Palace fans is that they could not have wanted him as he would obviously have gone there if they had.

As he wasn't interviewed for our managers position, I would suggest he was a smokescreen.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
My understanding is we're after a young, up and coming British premier manager.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here