Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will not be at Villa Park even if we win it

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Anyone watching our last 2 games will have realised that we finished the season after 43 games and only Newcastle want to win the title. The genuine trophy will be at St James's and all the analysts who said they were nailed on for the title will be, sadly, proven correct. Watching the last 2 matches, especially yesterday's, has taken a huge amount of gloss of this promotion season. The team will long be remembered as the chokers who threw away the Championship with a 7 point lead and 3 games left if they don't do something magical next week.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Runners up trophy looks ok

championship-runners-up-trophy-2014113-1567175.jpg

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Anyone watching our last 2 games will have realised that we finished the season after 43 games and only Newcastle want to win the title. The genuine trophy will be atSt James's and all the analysts who said they were nailed on for the title will be, sadly, proven correct.Watching the last 2 matches, specially yesterday's, has taken a huge amount of gloss of this promotion season. The team will long be remembered as the chokers who threw away the Championship with a 7 point lead and 3 games left if they don't do something magical next week.

This. The most gut-wrenching thing about yesterday was that had we played to 60% of out potential, we would
have won that game. Instead - we come away feeling like the cat's just died. I flew back from Amsterdam especially
early for that game. Waste of f****** time.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The team will long be remembered as the chokers who threw away the Championship with a 7 point lead and 3 games left if they don't do something magical next week.

Seriously?

If you want to remember the side and season when we got to the Premier League like that, you go ahead. Personally, I will remember this season as one of, if not the, best seasons ever in 43 years of watching The Albion.

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Seriously?

If you want to remember the side and season when we got to the Premier League like that, you go ahead. Personally, I will remember this season as one of, if not the, best season ever in 43 years of watching The Albion.

I dont want to remember the season that way but many, many people will. Analysts, presenters and fans of other clubs will always bring it up.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I dont want to remember the season that way but many, many people will. Analysts, presenters and fans of other clubs will always bring it up.

It is not over yet....... I see the emotion from the 'gutted' feeling produced by both games but wind your mind back to the start of the season when many thought we would be in the playoffs at best. Once you do that you realise we have over achieved.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I would think the trophy at St James's Park and a replica at Villa Park as Newcastle are favourites to win it.

We are still favourites with all bookmakers

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol: Grow a pair.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Oh yeah, I'm really worried the likes of Lyndsy Hypgrave, D irty Leeds supporters, Robbie Savage, etc ect, will point at me and laugh in my face, when they realise I'm an Albion fan.

Get a grip!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I dont understand that as they will win at home in front of 50k fans and we HAVE to win at Villa. That is perhaps why I dont bet.

We're a point ahead, we only have to match Newcastle's result, they have to rely on us dropping points. Of course we're favourites, even if it is completely up for grabs.

There will be huge pressure on Newcastle at home, much like was on us yesterday. They've faltered at home this season on many occasions too. If I was a betting man, I'd go for 2 draws next week as the occasion gets to Newcastle and we get through our Villa tie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here