Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
S/hampton: Hi Sammy, we had totally forgotten you existed, had no interest in you and you weren't even on our radar until we heard you were joining Brighton, ....fancy coming here instead?

Sammy: Where do I sign..... :wanker:

Sadly, this seems to be our lot in life.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For me it is extremely embarrassing and the club look tin pot

I think you'll be in a very small minority of over-sensitive types then.

The club seem to have acted quite normally here for my money, and somebody has simply changed his mind. Nothing "tinpot" about it at all. Certainly not "embarrassing".

I'm quite relaxed about it all. Circumstances are slightly annoying, but I'm really not hat bothered in terms of who we've lost. He'll be easily replaced.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bolton fans must be pissing themselves over some of the comments on here, panicking that we've lost the bloke they kept on the books to train their kids

HarryFlashman

Jun 28, 2014
new poster with very specific knowledge of one issue but not knowing which job he has gone to speaks to me of a well informed Sun reader (is there such a thing) or a Sun journo with Bhafc sympathies :lolol:

.......my point being of course to disparage the Sun "news???paper"

Not that it matters did know what club just didn't want to post it as I didn't know that papers would have the story and sometimes they pick up bits from forums . I certainly didn't get it from a paper as I had no idea it was in one and I waited to be registered to post so I'm pretty sure I couldn't have got it from a paper at that time , although irrelevant as I didn't .

I personally feel disappointed for Sami because it certainly it seems he's been let down by Lee but I do think the club have jumped the gun as well.

I just wanted to put a bit of info online & thought it'd be on interest . I'm hopeful I might have a few more bits over the next few weeks

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not that it matters did know what club just didn't want to post it as I didn't know that papers would have the story and sometimes they pick up bits from forums . I certainly didn't get it from a paper as I had no idea it was in one and I waited to be registered to post so I'm pretty sure I couldn't have got it from a paper at that time , although irrelevant as I didn't .

I personally feel disappointed for Sami because it certainly it seems he's been let down by Lee but I do think the club have jumped the gun as well.

I just wanted to put a bit of info online & thought it'd be on interest . I'm hopeful I might have a few more bits over the next few weeks

Look forward to it. Hopefully about who's coming in and not who we've just been pipped to.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We look so SMALL time and TINPOT now, no wonder we can't get a BETTER manager than Hyypia. I bet Gus POYET is peeing himself laughing today at the SHAMBLES and glad he got out.

BARBER OUT

Not enough BUTTER for your toast ? Or did you put your egg all over your FACE this MOURNING ? Still the HASH brownies are back up to FOOL capacity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why are people wànking over this? Great appointment? How do you know? He was at Bolton FFS.

He might prove to be the best coach we've ever had, Hyppia might prove the best manager but personally I think it's more likely they'll both prove to be bang average.

Hmmmmm

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
We look so SMALL time and TINPOT now, no wonder we can't get a BETTER manager than Hyypia. I bet Gus POYET is peeing himself laughing today at the SHAMBLES and glad he got out.

BARBER OUT

The only thing small time and tinpot is you.

You're like the needle going round and round in the centre circle of an old 78rpm record, making meaningless and repetitive scratchy noises. Mind-numbingly tedious and ceased to be entertaining when the needle left the interesting bit a very long time ago.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Quite obviously the wrong appointment, if he cannot make his mind up on simple matters it’s a good job he isn’t going to be making decisions on the pitch for us. This is a blessing in disguise even though we have the embarrassment of being taken hook, line and sinker by him. Although it just shows that we are not perfect ourselves when someone like this can pull the wool over our eyes.

Not a good sign for Southampton employing him either, so it should be a bit of a larf next season when they have to sack him.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
, but why were you so quick to criticise the club in the first place without knowing the facts first?

Because normally people do not decline an offer of employment after having accepted it in writing. Therefore I assumed, wrongly, that he had not given a written acceptance as yet but the club had decided to go public with the appointment early doors.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Bolton fans must be pissing themselves over some of the comments on here, panicking that we've lost the bloke they kept on the books to train their kids
Just mildly amused, but as i said in my previous waffle, I was more surprised at how thrilled some people were at his original appointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here