Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lamborghini plonker crash in London, takes out 3 other cars

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So what you are saying is that I can drive around at 40 mph in a 30mph, and if someone misjudges my illegal speed and pulls out, I can crash into them and tell them it's their fault. :lolol: even with conclusive video evidence.

Plenty of proof here for the insurance companies to make up their minds on this.

Yes

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So it's all down to physics really and you either see it or you don't.

yes, it is, and you dont see that the air time covers most of that 100ft. brakes dont work in the air.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is reported that the Lambo driver put a note on the wrecked BMW drivers window to explain why his car was hit, then when owner of the BMW came back to his car, the Lambo driver was still there and appologised personally.

Quote:

The BMW involved is owned by art consultant Lila Afshar, who returned from a Mother’s Day lunch with her two daughters to see the crash wreckage.

She told the London Evening Standard: ‘We showed up about three hours after the incident and there was a letter on the windshield.

‘The Lamborghini was being towed away and the owner came up and explained what had happened. He was really apologetic about it.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tador-worth-300-000-speed-215mph-wrecked.html

Doesn't matter what the driver said because there is video evidence, it's an open and shut case against the driver of the mazda. Taking it a step further, what exactly did he say to the BMW owner? Could have been 'I'm really really sorry about your car, there was nothing I could do, I'm really really sorry'. Sounds very apologetic but doesn't make him liable. He could also have felt sorry for the lady as she had her two daughters with her.

As I said, I hope you're not a lawyer!!!!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've watched it again and now think the Lambo is at fault - it's just not safe to carry on driving whilst the blonde bint is giving you a BJ. So she should pay half his excess and the rest all do knock-for-knock.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Everyone's an expert :lolol:

D

Deleted member 22389

Whatever posseses people to drive these super cars around London in the first place, what's the point?.

Mazda driver was wrong, but it seems the Lambo driver was speeding. Sooner they ban all cars from London, except for Deliveries, Taxi's and Emergency Services the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just checked it out on Googlemaps. Its Sloane Street, just off Sloane Square. Looks to be a 30 limit, but lots of pedestrian crossings and side streets in this stretch and a very busy part of London. Will be interesting to see if the Mazda's experts can determine if Lambo was travelling at a speed appropriate for this stretch of this road.
Quite. People are becoming far too reliant on speed limits now rather than judging by the conditions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Both cars in the wrong, lambo driver driving like a ****, clearly going way way too fast for the situation.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Finally, whether he was speeding or not, the fault of the accident is the driver of the Mazda who pulled out into his path.

Having a think about this overnight, do you or Box of Frogs think ,or more importantly would the police think, any differently on Lambo driver's fault/negligence if in an identical accident/Lambo speed (and assume he was speeding as you say makes no difference in your statement above), instead of prang with Mazda, he killed a mother and child crossing the road at the point the Mazda pulled out?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For what it's worth, I doubt the police will be interested anyway. It's a straightforward damage-only, non-injury collision. That's what you all have insurance for. The police won't get involved in a minor prang like that unless there's a specific reason to. As long as S170 of the Road Traffic Act is complied with- ie all interested parties have exchanged details- they'll leave the drivers to it and let the insurers argue the toss between them.

Always pleasing to see members of the public standing by, videoing, when someone's been involved in a crash though. I mean, don't go and check they're alright or anything :tosser:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
It took him 100 ft to stop.

30mph stopping distance is 75 ft

40 mph stopping distance 118 ft

Bearing in mind it took him a 100 ft with the help from 3 cars to help him slow down I would suggest he was doing a lot more than 30mph and he was still accelerating.

Let's also point out the precision braking of an Aventador too, I'm thinking 50mph

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Having a think about this overnight, do you or Box of Frogs think ,or more importantly would the police think, any differently on Lambo driver's fault/negligence if in an identical accident/Lambo speed (and assume he was speeding as you say makes no difference in your statement above), instead of prang with Mazda, he killed a mother and child crossing the road at the point the Mazda pulled out?

A lot would depend on how fast the car was deemed to be travelling and then whether the police and/or CPS felt that speed was reckless. No doubt you are a pedestrian and have had reason to cross the road and when you do so, you check that it is safe to cross the road and that should apply to the mother as well. Let's say the speed limit is 30 and the car is travelling at 32mph and yet a mother and child step in front of it with no chance to stop. Is the driver any more culpable than if he had been doing 30 and the mother still stepped in front of the car with no chance for him to react. If he was doing something like 50 and the evidence proved that then I would suggest the fault of the accident could still be the mother crossing the road, ie. you still have a responsibility to yourself to ensure it is safe to cross, but that the consequences were exacerbated by the reckless speed of the driver who would no doubt be prosecuted.

In this case of this crash, there is no evidence on there to suggest the lambo was speeding. Yes some are speculating about stopping distances but using the highway code stopping distances which don't take into account the fact you have just been hit in the side and are airbourne! It's not clear but the Lambo brake lights don't appear to be on at the point of impact so that could refute any argument that he was braking heavily before the crash. Looking at the video again, it might even be said the lambo is only 4/5 car lengths on from the point of impact. There is the car it hit on the nearside, next you see a black cab on the opposite side of the road, then the BMW and then over the road is a silver, what looks like, 4x4.

I, and I believe Box of Frogs, have looked at this based on our experience in working in insurance, myself having spent over 25 years dealing with claims, and our view is that the accident, based on what we see in the video, is entirely the fault of the Mazda driver. What could change that is if there are witnesses that say the lambo driver waived the the Madza out before flooring it. Or if he was stationary at lights moments before that changed and then he floored it. Looking at Google Earth there doesn't appear to be any traffic lights back down the road however on GE it does show islands with bollards by that junction which aren't in the video of the crash so the layout may well have changed since Google cars were last there.

Insurers will look at the question of liability based on the evidence and not on emotion.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The Mazda driver is at fault here imo. The Mazda driver is emerging from a side road into a main road in which the Lamborghini along which the travelling, it is not the responsibility of the Lamboghini driver to allow out any (and therefore every) car pulling out of a side road into the main road as the Lamborghini driver has right of way but rather the Mazda drivers responsibility to ensure that the route is clear before turning into a different road from a junction.

Others have mentioned a limited view caused by a bus, why didn't the Mazda driver wait until their view was unobscured?

The only reason the Lamborghini driver is getting so much stick (and therefore those pointing the finger of blame) is because he was driving a Lamborghini, had he been driving a everyday run of the mill cheap car and the incident played out in exactly the same sequence of events, i doubt half those balming the Lamboghini driver would be blaming him then.

Exactly, if the Mazda driver had done that when someone on a motorbike was coming down that road there could have been a fatality, reckless driving.

Also, why on earth was somebody recording that in the first place?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Exactly, if the Mazda driver had done that when someone on a motorbike was coming down that road there could have been a fatality, reckless driving.

Also, why on earth was somebody recording that in the first place?

Because it's nice car to some people. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here