Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the poshest place to eat in Brighton?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You are correct. By visiting and enjoying the giggling squid, I clearly don't go out much.

Just out of curiosity, what Brighton restaurant would you deem posh?

To be honest I don't know, posh places make me feel uncomfortable I don't like pretentious situations.

I also feel posh does not denote good food, you wouldn't call the ginger fox or the Sussex ox posh but they do have good food like the giggling squid which is very nice, but posh it ain't.

Just my opinion mind.

Have a good weekend fella

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
To be honest I don't know, posh places make me feel uncomfortable I don't like pretentious situations.

I also feel posh does not denote good food, you wouldn't call the ginger fox or the Sussex ox posh but they do have good food like the giggling squid which is very nice, but posh it ain't.

Just my opinion mind.

Have a good weekend fella

As you know, I won't be going out.

Nonetheless, I appreciate being referred to as a Fella. It means a lot to me. Thanks.

Hope you have a good weekend too Geezer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
64 Degrees isn't posh but it's by far the best food in the City & you'll get a 6 too if you book ahead. If you want old school ties & traditional French food then take out a mortgage and go and eat at Le Gavroche in Mayfair cos you don't need a suit to eat anywhere in Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gavroche certainly used to do a cracking lunch. Three courses (plus extras), half a bottle of decent wine (French, mais biensur) and a coffee, all for less than £50.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its rather subjective isnt it how posh a place is.
Burger King was too posh for me apparently according to the doorstaff one night after i had celebrated an albion win a little too hard.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Set is not posh. It is like 64 Degrees and Issac (and probably Etch but not been there) - good food, a bit cool but not posh.

Poshest in my experience are probably Drakes, Gingerman (but not Ginger Pig) and Salt Room.

There are very few full on posh restaurants in Brighton where a bit of hipsterishness is valued above a well-wielded cloche. Country House hotels are where the posh happens in this neck of the woods - Gravetye Manor, South Lodge in Horsham, Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield for example.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Hotel du vin ,,, gingerman,, or drake's ,, few of my friends 6 went for birthday meal at drake's racked up a bill of £1,300

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Set is not posh. It is like 64 Degrees and Issac (and probably Etch but not been there) - good food, a bit cool but not posh.

Poshest in my experience are probably Drakes, Gingerman (but not Ginger Pig) and Salt Room.

There are very few full on posh restaurants in Brighton where a bit of hipsterishness is valued above a well-wielded cloche. Country House hotels are where the posh happens in this neck of the woods - Gravetye Manor, South Lodge in Horsham, Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield for example.

Correct....all the really posh stuff is out of town at the country house hotels. Ockenden Manor is excellent. Alexander House is massively underwhelming for the price, South Lodge is much better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gavroche certainly used to do a cracking lunch. Three courses (plus extras), half a bottle of decent wine (French, mais biensur) and a coffee, all for less than £50.

Lunch menus at "posh" places often provide excellent value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here