Votes: 36 19.7%
  • Runners up and Stephens stays

Votes: 147 80.3%

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Unquestionably this. Stephens is basically unreplaceable in our side without a lot of investment. A trophy is great, however, staying up next year is even greater. We'll build our team around Stephens - and be much more likely to stay up because of it.

I share that view but it bugs me we still have never won anything above league 1 level....except of course the 1910 Charity Shield.

Had we won sunday it would have moved us up the table (a little) of successful teams over the years.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A no brainer. Stephens to stay but if you had asked me the question with 3 minutes to go last Sunday you would have got a different answer

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Trophy. What's the point of playing if you're going to be happy about being second all the time. Small club fan mentality if you'll take a player over a highly rated piece of silverware.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Trophy.

Sticking my neck on the line - I don't think Stephens is premier league. Too slow across the ground & ponderous in possession..

I hope this gets reposted in a years time & I am proven wrong..

Slow and ponderous? Have you considered this may be because of lack of movement from others?

A questionable comment considering one of the reasons he has been so good for 2 seasons now is his ability to see an early pass and fizz it in first time or simply feign/turn his man and create space for himself effortlessly. He is not a playmaker in the mould of Shelvey no, but then Shelvey is half as good at shutting down and harrying opposition.

I'll stick my neck and and say he will flourish in the PL, so long as he has good enough midfield partner/s to compliment his abilities.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Taking finishing as a cellar dweller over an FA Cup shouldn't be a debate. Yet here we are. Being content with being bang on mediocre vs winning a historic trophy.

Wigan have now dropped to the 3rd flight for the 2nd time since winning the FA cup only 4 years ago.

But nonetheless, they did win the FA cup!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Wigan have now dropped to the 3rd flight for the 2nd time since winning the FA cup only 4 years ago.

But nonetheless, they did win the FA cup!

And they still have the memory and trophy of that day. What happens after that has no relevance to winning it.

Winning any trophy will stick in my mind forever, finishing bottom half of any league will fade away pretty quickly.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
And they still have the memory and trophy of that day. What happens after that has no relevance to winning it.

Winning any trophy will stick in my mind forever, finishing bottom half of any league will fade away pretty quickly.

Considering we have played only 3 seasons of top tier football in the clubs 115 year existence.These seasons to come will stick in your memory for lives to come and yet, we will probably be fighting relegation.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Considering we have played only 3 seasons of top tier football in the clubs 115 year existence.These seasons to come will stick in your memory for lives to come and yet, we will probably be fighting relegation.

That would be true if I gave a crap about the likes of Man U, City, Arsenal etc I do not.

All I care abut is the Albion wining, don't care who it's against, all the same to me. I want trophies and titles, not a win over a single team (besides Palace). More wins the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here