• Win Championship and Stephens leaves

Votes: 36 19.7%
  • Runners up and Stephens stays

Votes: 147 80.3%

• Total voters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Now, Stephens remaining. I'm not much of a cabinet man - I loved finishing above Southampton, but even to a saints fan I couldn't show off for long about winning the league 1 title - so to save a bit of a fortune by giving Dale what he sang he wanted seems a finer thing. Promotion was most important, and like last season, keeping the heart of our team.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I was gutted Sunday but for me he's one player we had to keep. A great day, well done Tony

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Stephens.

Face (out of those two choices). Best of all is what lies between the ears though.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Trophy.

Sticking my neck on the line - I don't think Stephens is premier league. Too slow across the ground & ponderous in possession..

I hope this gets reposted in a years time & I am proven wrong..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Stephens.

Next season he may be the player that keeps us up, although the trophy would have been great, no team in the Premier gives a toss about who were Champions, and we get no extra points for it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Stephens. A trophy doesn't help keep you in the Premier League and mean you can spend the sizeable fee to replace him on someone else.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stephens all day long.

I was feeling a bit deflated about things, wrongly bearing in mind the incredible season we've had, after Sunday and the talk of Stockdale going. This has totally got me over that though, I was convinced he was going.

He is class, this is great news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You'd never guess we were in the close season, such a random poll, :rolleyes:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stephens. By such a long way. We're about 30% more likely to stay in the PL now. He's that important to us.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Trophy for me.

Good for the whole squad's morale and their CVs. Biggest accolade in the club's 116 year history for Tony Bloom, who deserved it for all he's done for the Albion. Would loved to have seen Bruno lifting the silverware and still gutted for him that he didn't.

As thrilled as every one else re Dale's news today.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Trophy.

Sticking my neck on the line - I don't think Stephens is premier league. Too slow across the ground & ponderous in possession..

I hope this gets reposted in a years time & I am proven wrong..

Very few of our players are proven in the Premier League, that is why they played for us in the Championship. However, I'd be surprised if Stephens doesn't make it. I can't believe those comments about him. The number of times he's put in dangerous positions by poor passes to him and he just turns away from his opponent and makes it look so easy. An example of the exact opposite of what you talk about was his pass for Murphy's goal at home to Reading. Amazing first time pass.

He may not make it in the Premier League but it surely is good news that one of our key players signs a long term deal when he could have gone on a free transfer (better news that winning the trophy on Sunday). You only have to look at our records with and without Stephens this season to see his importance to the team.

D

Deleted member 2719

Has to be Trophy as they don't come along everyday and there are many talented midfielders about.

I am glad we have retained him though.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ it's easy.....A trophy would win hands down compared to a player bloody hell.Players come and go but this is a pretty big trophy in our history or would have been!!!
I'm shocked that Stephens staying is more important than being champions or is it because we wasn't champions?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Christ it's easy.....A trophy would win hands down compared to a player bloody hell.Players come and go but this is a pretty big trophy in our history or would have been!!!
I'm shocked that Stephens staying is more important than being champions or is it because we wasn't champions?

Well clearly it is not as easy as you think as 80% disagree with you. Quite simply, the trophy will be absolutely no use to us next season (and most people won't care who won the Championship last season in a year or two). Stephens, on the other hand, will be a very important player for us next season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well clearly it is not as easy as you think as 80% disagree with you. Quite simply, the trophy will be absolutely no use to us next season (and most people won't care who won the Championship last season in a year or two). Stephens, on the other hand, will be a very important player for us next season.

Unquestionably this. Stephens is basically unreplaceable in our side without a lot of investment. A trophy is great, however, staying up next year is even greater. We'll build our team around Stephens - and be much more likely to stay up because of it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here