Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Football

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Shoreham v Lancing for me 5 minute walk to the ground with my boy ,swift pint and able to avoid the in-laws for a couple of hours....what's not to like

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Shoreham v Lancing for me 5 minute walk to the ground with my boy ,swift pint and able to avoid the in-laws for a couple of hours....what's not to like

Another good reason to see a match, avoiding the in-laws for a while. Mine are nice people but while my Mrs is happy to sit in their house all day on Boxing Day, I like to get out.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Another good reason to see a match, avoiding the in-laws for a while. Mine are nice people but while my Mrs is happy to sit in their house all day on Boxing Day, I like to get out.
Mine are ok too tbh but I do get a little stir crazy. Genuinely looking forward to the game though.

But as you said low grade games always kick off at 11.00am so if BHA kicked off at 3.00pm you could have done both if you wished.

Actually you're right, IF the Albion were playing Boxing Day and IF the kick off was 3pm then ..........

(........actually I'm not gonna waste my time typing and your time reading, life's too short)

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Evo-Stik Premier game for my son and me.

Leamington Spa FC (1st, and 7 points clear) vs Stratford Town FC (17th, doing okay). Local derby, so a big crowd (550 +/-) is expected.

Good chance to catch up with some local mates (Wolves, Villa and West Brom fans) and for all of us to cheer on our "adopted" STFC - rather than be at loggerheads as we are when our teams play eachother!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Evo Stick South. Leek Town-v-Newcastle Town. 3pm in front of around 300/350 and then The Hollybush in the evening no work on Tuesday.

???

Attachments

• derby day.jpg
    derby day.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 204

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Shots v Woking for me also it's live on BT Sport to bore the whole nation 12.15 KO ,bloody annoying as i would of gone to a local 11 am game .

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
But as you said low grade games always kick off at 11.00am so if BHA kicked off at 3.00pm you could have done both if you wished.

Well I've some great news for you BG....Crowborough don't play until the 27th at 19:45 in the HUGE A26 derby against Tunbridge Wells. You'll have enough time to go the Amex for the QPR game, head home for some family time before heading up to Alderbrook to watch the game of the day!

Anyone would think it's Christmas!!

Well I've some great news for you BG....Crowborough don't play until the 27th at 19:45 in the HUGE A26 derby against Tunbridge Wells. You'll have enough time to go the Amex for the QPR game, head home for some family time before heading up to Alderbrook to watch the game of the day!

Anyone would think it's Christmas!!

I see your game against Cray Valley (31/12) has had the kick off changed back to 3 pm by the league despite both clubs having agreed a 1 pm ko!

If anyone is in that neck of the wood I recommend the Tunbridge Wells match, Crowborough play good football and TW fans make a lot of noise!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I see your game against Cray Valley (31/12) has had the kick off changed back to 3 pm by the league despite both clubs having agreed a 1 pm ko!

Rules is rules I guess but seems a bit daft when both clubs have agreed to it. League blazers like to feel important don't they. No skin off my nose though, train strikes means I'll be driving anyway.

If anyone is in that neck of the wood I recommend the Tunbridge Wells match, Crowborough play good football and TW fans make a lot of noise!

:thumbsup: they are a good bunch the Wells fans. They've been known to come over and watch us when they haven't had a game. One thing is for sure the bar take will be a lot higher than usual.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here